It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Compass Quiz: What's your Real Position?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2002 @ 01:28 PM
link   
That's why it's automatic. You don't notice it. Your conscious mind doesn't register it. But your subconscious on the other hand, registers everything.

You have beliefs (which are only thoughts you repeatedly think) and habits. Everyone has them. You can say that evolution has designed it so. Hate is a feeling, a emotion and you can supress it (supressing negative emotions is the most dangerous thing on this planet by a lightyear). That's why you don't notice it.

posted on Dec, 13 2002 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Do me a favor TB795, don't take me for a morron, ok ?

I understand perfectly your " little game ".

I know what you wrote, and probably that I know more than you on this subject.

So, I don't need these kinds of explanations.Thanks.

posted on Dec, 13 2002 @ 01:51 PM
link   
You assume too much. I ain't playing no damn game with you. I'll just explaining you a little bit of how your mind works...

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
You assume too much. I ain't playing no damn game with you. I'll just explaining you a little bit of how your mind works...

GAME OVER ! INSERT COINS !

You don't know me and you don't know how I think. You try to judge me with I write here.

I find you condescending , but very amusing.

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Have I missed something? Why the crossed swords?

Unless I've skipped an important posting to this, it seems that Bandit has made an important point about hate. One that everyone should take to heart.
Hate kills. Even if hate doesn't manifest into actions toward the one that is hated, it certainly does in the one that is hating. God warns us quite sternly not to hold hate in our hearts. Research has shown that it will certainly degrade the quality and quantity of one's life.

We're all looking for answers and trying to solve the riddles and mysteries around us. Rather than bickering let's try and be a little less assuming toward one another and try a little luuurve! (Don't run with that, Netchicken!
)

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Economic Left/Right is -2.5 with Authoritarian/Libritarian -1.9 here; Mildly Libritarian-Left...

The problem I saw with this particular "quiz" is that there were nearly a dozen poorly-worded concepts that don't really *clarify* what particular position I would stand in...They expressed a position that I would have put further qualifiers on to express the particular concept more accurately in line with my personal opinion.

In other words...They were pretty ambiguous with quite a few of their points. So TC, in response to your question;

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Did anyone else find a few questions leading, and did anyone else find it limiting when definite words such as "all" or "any" were used, limiting circumstance?
, I'd have to say "Yes" because I *do* recognize the fact that "all" or "none" cannot be used to categorize every possible opinion, person or situation.

For one example, I agreed that religious schooling would be good for kids...But I don't believe that it should be the *only* type of schooling easily available & any type of religious schooling should also include the *history & poitical motivations* of those who've had major influences in religion; In other words (I've said it before...), I'm Pro-Choice.

posted on Dec, 16 2002 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Thank you TC!!!

See Ultra-Phoenix, it was no game. I was just explaining you something...

posted on Dec, 18 2002 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Thank you TC!!!

See Ultra-Phoenix, it was no game. I was just explaining you something...

And of course, you think that you right and I wrong.

posted on Dec, 19 2002 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Again, you assume to much...

posted on Dec, 19 2002 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Again, you assume to much...

It wasn't an affirmation, but a question. I just forgot the " ? ".

Hey, look. I did this stupid test one more time.

Here are my new results :

Economic Left/Right: 6.25
Authoritarian/Libertarian: 4.51

I'm close from Tatcher now.
CARAMBA !!!!

[Edited on 19-12-2002 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Dec, 19 2002 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -1.49

posted on Dec, 19 2002 @ 05:17 PM
link   

[Edited on 5-23-2003 by echelon]

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I took the test and it figured exactly how I figure me...

I was four lines down into the Liberatarian and one line LEFT of center...

Let that be a lesson to those who would pidgeon hole me as a Republican/Right Wing Conservative! I answered the questions HONESTLY as to how I feel about them...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Springer,
as you and I had, dare I say it, similar results... and the cubs are winning in the post-season... I know believe the world is coming to an end.

For the record, I think my spot overlaps with Jean Chretian's.

But, also for the record, I notice that religious leaders like John paul II are includeded in the political leader list. I guess, technically, he is... But this made me think about how my answers would differ on a religious survey as opposed to a political one. What I mean is this: Sometimes we believe that something is, under civil law, legal, but under the auspices of our particular religion immoral (a situation that, perhaps, only comes up in countries where religion and state are clearly separated).

Let me put it this way: Under the philosophy behind the Bill of Rights, for instance, I believe that the state has no right to regulate peoples' consensual sexual activity -- however, I believe in the reverse at the religious level (IE, I think the state should accept gay marriage but not the Church). So, though on a political scale I'm on the lower left, on a religious one I'm on the upper center... Which is why I think that any rating of Popes has to be off-target (I mean, JP2 is near stalin, yet, based on his life history, it's plainly obvious that JP2 is perhaps the most anti-communist world leader alive today ((he once opened a church in the middle of a planned communist village in cold war poland))).

Anyways, just an observation.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I am damn near the dalai lama

Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.67

eh no

[Edited on 8-10-2003 by entropy+]

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The acknowledgement of multi-hued shades being a component of EVERYONES make-up is what you take away, Springer.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I got:

Economic Left/Right: -8.50
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.59

I don't know what it means but I like it!

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   
*15,15*
Damn, I'm like half way between Hitler and Bush!
This is not good....

Left/Right = 6.45
Authoritaritan/Libretarian = 4.22

I feel kind of guilty, but at least I'm not communist...
- Tass

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Interesting...

Economic Left/Right: -4.38
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.31

I'm to the left? Hehe...well, on many things I guess I am (abortion, social, etc.)

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I always knew I was a libertarian, since 6th grade when we had the 4 parties come to our school and explain their stands for class, (Greens, Liberals, Republicans, and Libertarians.) but heres the results.

Economic Left/Right: 5.88
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.31

What did you expect, im majoring in Economics and Political Science.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join