It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kathy Griffin tells Jesus to "Suck it!"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Oh, and another thing.

Kathy Griffin, I hope you are reading this.

James 5

19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;

20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

peace. out.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Well I could wave my magic wand but whats the fun in that when its broken. lol

Or you could pray for rain. Never know until you ask.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Ack, she's soo annoying. I only found a small amount of her humor amusing. Some comedians try too hard these days or maybe I still stick by Bill Hicks(RIP) and George Carlin too much.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

You are keeping good company with those two guys, may Bill rest in peace. I think he got way too close to the truth for the ptb with his brand of humor.

Today we are stuck with guys like Denis Leary and Bill Maher. At least Denis has moved on to "Rescue Me". Bill can be funny, but not very often, unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
reply to post by dreamingawake

You are keeping good company with those two guys, may Bill rest in peace. I think he got way too close to the truth for the ptb with his brand of humor.

Today we are stuck with guys like Denis Leary and Bill Maher. At least Denis has moved on to "Rescue Me". Bill can be funny, but not very often, unfortunately.

Lewis Black/John Stewart > All other comedians.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
you forgot two, Kacen:

George Carlin and Stephen Colbert.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm surprised to see that anyone finds John Stewart and Steve Colbert to be funny. Mugging for the camera is not true humor, imo.

Another sign of the times. Even comedy is experiencing apostasy.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I'm surprised to see that anyone finds John Stewart and Steve Colbert to be funny. Mugging for the camera is not true humor, imo.

Another sign of the times. Even comedy is experiencing apostasy.

If I said what I wanted to say to you right now, I'd be at the very least post banned for at least a few days. Not only that, the things I'd say in such anger would offend a lot of people.

So, I'll just post this.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Oh, you poor thing! Stifled by your own misguided notions. Don't feel bad. You aren't the first, and I'm sure you won't be the last.

I'll just leave you now to stew in your own juices.

peace.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Oh, you poor thing! Stifled by your own misguided notions. Don't feel bad. You aren't the first, and I'm sure you won't be the last.

I'll just leave you now to stew in your own juices.

peace.

Ugh, if I was still a communist at this point I'd be spamming images of Bolshevik's killing Christians and destroying churches.

Lucky for you I hate them now.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I don't believe in luck or coincidence anymore, only God's will.

I want you to know I am only playfully trying to get your goat (sin offering), as I stand my ground defending my faith.

You are actually kind of fun to go back and forth with. I respect your right to believe what you wish, and understand it is your responsibility to live with the consequences. Hopefully your works will save you, since not having faith in Christ won't.

peace to you, Kacen.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
i am not a fan of her but GOOD FOR HER...

it is so cliche' these days for people that accept their awards to get up there and "first, i'd like to thank god"....

it's tiring...personally, i want to see more people say things like this in public....i think it's great....

i like seeing religious folk get offended....it's great fun

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
i also hate when people do this prayer crap on forums or when people say they are gonna pray for me.....it really gets old.....i always tell them to save their time....

even if she did not mean it or whatever, i hope she does NOT apologize.....if she does apologize it would be empty....forced..

thats another reason why i am such a fan of zappa. when he put out songs like catholic girls and jewish princess, apologies were DEMANDED from him....NONE were given though...matter of factly he went on interviews standing by those songs saying people like that really exist....

she should stand by her statements.....

so she said suck it jesus...what is to apologize for?
cause some religious folk got booty hurt?

meh

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
it is so cliche' these days for people that accept their awards to get up there and "first, i'd like to thank god"....

Its funny though when the person who accepts that award and says that is some rapper who sings songs with violent, sexist, depraved lyrics.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Then of course much of the Bible is like that.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I John 4:6, "But we are children of God; that is why only those who have walked and talked with God will listen to us. Others won't. That is another way to know whether a message is really from God; for if it is, the world won't listen to it."
---------
Romans 1:22-23,. "Claiming themselves to be wise without God, they became utter fools instead. And then, instead of worshipping the glorious, ever-living God, they took wood and stone and made idols for themselves, carving them to look like mere birds and animals and snakes and puny men."
--

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
i dont really see what she did wrong here, so she wants to worship her emmy big whoop doesnt really affect me one way or another. Pretty much ill leave it to GOD to care of it if he feels slighted out of the deal, never found her to be very funny anyway, but im failing to understand something in the original post you say you will forgive but not forget, so in effect you are just saying you will forgive but are in all reality not doing so, because you cant do one without the other.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
That is not true. Not just to me, but objectively. Think about what you wrote above.

I can forgive and not forget. Basically, what that means is I don't trust her anymore to have some tact and consideration for the beliefs of others.

As I Christian, I am called to forgive. That is automatic. Trust takes time and must be earned.

Forgiving does not mean forgetting. The examples are just too numerous to go into.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
ok so lets take a look at it you screw up and GOD forgives you for it, what happens
a.) you are forgiven, but he leaves the mark on your record.
b.) you are forgiven, mark is completely removed form your record.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join