It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kathy Griffin tells Jesus to "Suck it!"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Hey Kathy Griffith?

Suck it!!!

Individual or not, this chick will NOT make it in the big stream.

Never found her freakin funny whatsoever.

She's a 'has been'. from the get go.

[edit on 23-9-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

I have to agree. One of my church elders said the same thing at our Bible study yesterday morning. Basically, his opinion is God can take care of it in His own way, in His own time. That is certainly true.

I also agree that an appropriate response to her comments would be donations to the FBO of choice rather than taking out attack ads.

I do think discussions like these are helpful, though, in that they help get to the root of the issue, provide an opportunity to safely vent frustration at her behavior, and end up offering ideas for a proper response.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
i like all these people talking junk....she will never made it....i never found her funny.

tell ya what? a lot of people do(not really me) and she has made it....been around for a but....

i can honestly say though, and i mean this, whenever i see religious folk getting all bent, i'm having a good time.....i lu lu love it

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
eff Kathy Griffin. I don't even know who she is. I though she was Jewish?

[edit on 23-9-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

What is "it" that she has made? Money? Fame? Notoriety? What is so great about such transient things, especially when achieved through such hateful diatribe?

I don't understand. Even when I wasn't a believer, I was respectful and considerate of the religious beliefs of others. We are all entitled to our religious beliefs, or not to have them, as we so choose.

What is it about a person insulting the beliefs of others and the backlash it causes that gets you off so much? To me, that is a sick, insane way for a person to get their jollies.

Can I pray for your salvation?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Life is about more than gaining possessions and a name all of those things and the struggle and love of it ends in a graveyard full of dead man bones, they are of no use in the Kingdom of Heaven.Plenty of people are trying to turn this world into there personal heaven.They are trading everlasting joy for temporary thrills.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
What is it about a person insulting the beliefs of others and the backlash it causes that gets you off so much? To me, that is a sick, insane way for a person to get their jollies.

Can I pray for your salvation?

sure, you can pray....do whatever you want....just know that i think it is rubbish and you are wasting your time....

i didn't see her insulting anyones believes...she said suck it jesus....ever think thay maybe she was stating her belief's?
did she say hey icarus, check this out?

again, i like seeing people get al twisted up about something so stupid.

we got almost 6 pages here of people all uptight cause kathy griffin(the unfunny comic that has not made it and the one nobody likes) said suck it jesus...

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
No we don't. Have you read the thread? Many of the replies to this thread express the same sentiment as you. Many don't feel slighted at all.

I am directly affected by what Ms. Griffin said. As a saved Christian, I now have the Holy Spirit dwelling within me. Christ is my Lord and Savior. She did mean to insult first, imo. Then she stated her belief, saying "This is my god now!" as she held up her emmy.

Matthew 12

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

You contradict yourself, as well. In your first post you say she has made it, in your last post you say she hasn't. Which is it?

James 1

5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
how about you just link us to the entire bible online, and call it a day :shk:

I think Kathy getting an Emmy just shows how much an Emmy really means.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
ok.

The Bible online

But only if you promise to start reading it faithfully.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
what a shame, that site seems to have left out the most important parts of the apocryphon. also, I prefer the companion bible over James.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
You are welcome to your preferences. The Bible comes in many translations and types. Whichever one suits your fancy.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
dude, she said suck it jesus.

thats not her attacking your belief system.

i was being sarcastic in my last post...

i just don't see what exactly the problem is.

she said something YOU did not like about jesus
YOU are bunged up about it.

uh, thats it......

right?

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I hear ya...boon

Believe or not...I hear ya

Kathy is someone that can 'freakin pull our strings or not.

She is a human being that irked a few 'heart strings', and then some.

So what

She is just a person.l Is all.

So freaking 'what' that I said that she should recipricate the mutual sucking"

Kathy Griffin?>

Suck it

Ok.. btw? she should suck up to real life.....

uh...did I say that out loud?

DANG.. (she shouldn't take heart to my sayings...)

[edit on 26-9-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
There isn't any problem, per se. I didn't like what she said. I found it offensive.

It is nowhere near the end of the world to me.

Religion is a controversial subject. I thought I would start a thread here on what she did and see what came of it.

I want to thank everyone for their contributions, whether I agreed with them or not. We are all entitled to our opinions. We can try to disagree without being disagreeable.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   

There isn't any problem, per se. I didn't like what she said. I found it offensive.

i'm sure a lot of people did find it offensive....but, she didn't bash anyones belief system....she said a few words

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   

she didn't bash anyones belief system

I don't think this statement holds up.

Of course telling Jesus to suck it will be perceived by Christians as a bash to their belief system. Maybe not by you, but by 95% of Christians. I'd bet the farm on it. Christ is the living God of the Christian faith. Telling Him to suck it is an affront to us all. And if it isn't, it should be, imo.

Like I said before, it isn't the end of the world or anything. I would hope that incidents such as this would draw all Christians closer together in the knowledge we live in a fallen and increasingly hostile secular world.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Of course telling Jesus to suck it will be perceived by Christians as a bash to their belief system.

well, imo, those perceptions tell far more about say, you than it does her...

you percieve it this or that way so it's her fault?

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I hope it does say something about me. I'm not blaming or judging her for what she said. I have observed the situation and formed an opinion about it supported by scriptural references and Biblical priorities. I have turned to this forum to subject what transpired to the light of informed discourse. This whole outcome is an example to me of how we can take an incident like this with a high potential to cause heated and divisive discussion and turn it into an opportunity for those on both sides of the issue to learn from and better understand one another.

What is it to you? A chance to laugh at others with different beliefs from yours?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   

What is it to you? A chance to laugh at others with different beliefs from yours?

^^^^only of those others have a meltdown about it...freak out and talk junk about her cause she uttered a few words...only those that are offended by it...

yeah, fantastic opportunity for me to catch a laugh...i don't get many these days....

imo, what she said should be a NON ISSUE.....

it's not an issue till some religious folk decide they are gonna get uptight about it......

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join