It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers find evidence of Noah's Biblical flood?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by Sun Matrix

you have zero evidence to support this.. or just about every other... claim.

if you want to make these claims further, back them up with evidence and logic.

I don't have time to hold your hand. The facts are there to find if you want to find them. If you need help...let me know.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

this is essentially the same answer you've given to every challenge anyone has made.

ok, i need help to see these "facts"
now start a thread to prove your claims... or better yet, revive that thread where i made an open challenge for you to prove them.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

this is essentially the same answer you've given to every challenge anyone has made.

ok, i need help to see these "facts"
now start a thread to prove your claims... or better yet, revive that thread where i made an open challenge for you to prove them.

How about we revive the thread where I gave you answers and then you turned around in another claiming your questions weren't answered.

I then reanswered your questions and PROVIDED LINKS TO THE ORIGINAL ANSWERS. And you still produce the same empty BS.

You have yet to provide rebuttal facts on anything I have presented.....Except for your opinion that the nation of Israel was reborn as the prophecy said because people wanted it to happen.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Sun Matrix]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

you make quite the claim, can you link me to those posts?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I like Byrd on these threads. When new information comes along, more than likely you won't see Byrd's response be:

"That's crap!"

or

"This is the real deal!"

Along with Byrd's thoughtful questions, I'd like to add a few of my own. I'm glad scientist found a flood, but, who says it's the great flood in Genesis? What were the scientists looking for when they found it? What else besides 'there was a great flood in this year' relates it to the account of Noah?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

yeah, i like that too...

i really hadn't thought about that one point, they don't actually give a timeframe, they just say it's in noah's time...

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
I like Byrd on these threads. When new information comes along, more than likely you won't see Byrd's response be:

"That's crap!"

or

"This is the real deal!"

Along with Byrd's thoughtful questions, I'd like to add a few of my own. I'm glad scientist found a flood, but, who says it's the great flood in Genesis? What were the scientists looking for when they found it? What else besides 'there was a great flood in this year' relates it to the account of Noah?

I was not commenting on the article as there was nothing to comment on.

I was merely making a comment that there are flood stories all over the world because the story of Noah is real.

Ram

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
There have been found lots of villages in that sea - underneath the water.
That is where the story comes from.

It happend 7000 years ago.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ram

...there's a city under the water from the time of cleopatra... that doesn't mean a worldwide flood had to happen...

may i please see something to back this statement up?

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I believe in the flood and the possible finding of it in that location- I think that's where it may be. Where's the evidence though?

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ram

may i please see something to back this statement up?

Actually, I think Ram means 9500 years ago (around 7500BC) which is when, according to Pitt & Ryman's hypothesis, the Med breached the Bosphorus dam and cascaded into the Black Sea, causing what much later they belive came to be known as Noah's flood.

Since the hypothesis was advanced, there had been further research which casts doubt on whether in fact this actually happened. Indeed, there is conflicting evidence suggesting that the Black Sea may, at an earlier date, have actually flooded into the Med .....

The research mentioned in the news story that prompted this thread appears to support the Pitt & Ryman hyposthesis, but I'd want to see a lot more info.

In any case, IMHO even if the Black Sea do flood, it was not a sufficently dramatic event, nor was it accompanied by severe weather conditions, to have been the source of the Mesopotamian Flood myths.

btw the article also mentions another city which the team hope to investigate and which has nothing whatsoever to do with the Noachian flood

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I had the chance to float through the Grand Canyon this summer and after hearing all the complicated, convoluted explainations about how it was formed, I came to the conclusion that the Biblical account of a worldwide flood, trashing the surface of the planet and laying down layers of water borne material is a much simpler explaination. I'm told you can see the very same effects up by Mt Saint Helens.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

To say that it was a local flood and then to claim that the flood story appears in virtually every culture, which it does, is a bit of a contradiction isn't it? Unless one really believes that all of mankind descended from the few survivors in the ark. Personally I believe both are true. There is no reason not to doubt the Bible story, it seems to stand up well to archeology.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I've read about so many flood theories, however, I do not think I agree with them. Let me enumerate:

1. With all the waters combined in the world, including the frozen north and south pole, I don't think it will manage to flood the whole world. You will still see Mount Everest towering. Perhaps, many parts of the world will be flooded, but not substantial enough to cover the whole face of the Earth.

2. Regarding the fountains of the great deep that bursts forth, there are no evidences that a very huge volume of water lies hidden beneath the Earth so as to have caused the floodings.

3. I don't quite agree with a local flooding. Where did all the water come from anyway to have cause massive local floodings? From a lake high above the ground?

However, I have another theoretical model to show you guys how a global flooding might be possible.

It is given that we only have so much volume of water available. So how can a world wide flood be possible?

Clue no. 1:

I believe the world before the flood was one huge landmass called "Pangea".

As you can clearly see in the gif animation, the huge landmass has experienced a separation. It looks more like it's expanding.

Clue no. 2:

Prepare an empty tin can and put a little water in it. Place the can on a heat source, it could be a bunsen burner or a stove. Wait for it to boil until you see steam coming out from the spout. Now, turn the tin can upside down so that the spout is submereged first in the cold water. It is observed that the tin can imploded. Cool.

Watch the video:

www.youtube.com...

Clue no. 3:

Genesis 7:11 - In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, on the seventeenth day of the second month--on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened.

According to this verse, it is clearly understood that all the springs of the great deep burst forth.

- The "great deep" here denotes the depth of the oceans.
- The "springs" here denotes ocean volcanoes and geothermal vents.
- The "burst forth" here denotes an eruption.

Evidences:

Quote:

"In 1977, scientists discovered hot springs at a depth of 2.5 km, on the Galapagos Rift (spreading ridge) off the coast of Ecuador. This exciting discovery was not really a surprise. Since the early 1970s, scientists had predicted that hot springs (geothermal vents) should be found at the active spreading centers along the mid-oceanic ridges, where magma, at temperatures over 1,000 °C, presumably was being erupted to form new oceanic crust. More exciting, because it was totally unexpected, was the discovery of abundant and unusual sea life -- giant tube worms, huge clams, and mussels -- that thrived around the hot springs."

pubs.usgs.gov...

--

Kindly note that the Bible already knew that there are springs lies hidden in the great depths of the oceans. It's only in 1977 that we only knew about this. Cool.

With regards to deep ocean volcanoes:

Quote:

"The true extent to which the ocean bed is dotted with volcanoes has been revealed by researchers who have counted 201,055 underwater cones. This is over 10 times more than have been found before.

The team estimates that in total there could be about 3 million submarine volcanoes, 39,000 of which rise more than 1000 metres over the sea bed."

environment.newscientist.com...

--

continued to next post please... (4000 words coming to a limit)

[edit on 27-10-2007 by amitheone]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Imagine that! 3 million submarine volcanoes!

Now, putting all the clues together, we have a working model.

Now, as the Bible states, ALL of the springs of the great depth burst forth.
Imagine this - 3 million submarine volcanoes and geothermal vents erupted at the same time!! Woah... Think of the enormous amount of heat and pressure generated!

With this reaction, astronomical amount of pressure will be generated. This huge pressure causes the whole plate of Pangea, the whole landmass to collapse and submerged into the ocean depths. Everything drowned, flooded and destroyed! The Earth literally imploded due to the huge amounts of heat and pressure beneath the ocean. See the imploding tin can model for your reference.

Worldwide mega tsunamis and earthquakes will be felt during this time. With the heat generated, enourmous amount of water vapour which looks like thick clouds emerges from the oceans surface. This in turn created huge amounts of rainfall. This did little damage, in my opinion. The greatest damage done is when the whole of Pangea was submerged into the depths of the ocean destroying everything.

When the pressure subsided and begin to normalize a little, the Earth started to expand as it builds up normal pressure inside. This expansion causes the original land mass to emerge again and split into the continents we know today. See the gif animation of Pangea. Mountains, lakes, hills, islands and etc. begins to form as the new land mass takes shape.

The reason, in my observation, why the ark lies on top of Mt. Arrarat, is that beneath the ark, a landmass is slowly emerging. The summit of the moutain quickly grasp the ark as it goes up. I don't think the water subsided, but I think the land emerges. It's the other way around.

Of course, with this happening, mega tsunamis and earthquakes are still felt as the new continents moves and take shape. Take note that during the Asian Tsunami, islands moved about 100 meters from origin.

Quote:

"December 31 The devastating earthquake that struck the Indian Ocean probably caused some islands to move by several meters. (BBC)

U.S. Scientists Say Quake Movement Shifted Islands

December 28 The massive earthquake that devastated parts of Asia permanently moved the tectonic plates beneath the Indian Ocean as much as 98 feet, slightly shifting islands near Sumatra an unknown distance. (Reuters)"

news.nationalgeographic.com...

So, that's my theory of how it is possible to flood the world. The waters didn't flood the Earth, however, the Earth submerged itself and drowned.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by amitheone]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 7thDay

yeah...complicated and convoluted... that whole sedimentation thing makes less sense than a massive flood only carving out a single canyon instead of sweeping away the whole landscape

reply to post by amitheone

i'm not really going to bother with the rest of your post as i've really had it up to here....ok, you can't see where my hand is, but it's around my forehead..with flood theories... none of them can be proven and they normally rely on the bible (found that in your post) and/or pseudo-science

but the pangea thing...that's been explained by plate tectonics... and it's not expanding, it's actually going to re-merge at the rate it's going...just follow the course of how the landmass is shifting right now

[edit on 10/27/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by a1ex

no connection @ all just another flood back then hehe i dont think u will ever find evidence of noeh since its just a fairytale anything without evidence to me is a fairytale unless its a cospiracy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join