It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Dynamite blast on truck kills 30 in Mexico( Pipeline Attack?)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

probably trying to get all of the news stations in sync so they all can put out the same story,seems like someone might have jump'd the gun on this one. just my though.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Pray that no one else dies. I have a internet buddy in Mexico City. This scares me that these explosions are happening closer to the US.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
OMG!

this isn't even top news in the UK...

my heart goes out to those killed. has anyone claimed responsibility? Mexico does have a few left wing terrorist groups.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
Sounds like al-Qaeda is on the move this morning, I wonder what else we'll see

What makes you automatically assume this is Al Qaeda?

Al Qaeda isn't responsible for every single event, you know. And believe it or not, Islamic terrorists aren't the only ones that blow things up.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
List of classified Mexico terrorist groups;

# 23rd of September Communist League
# Armed Communist League
# Comando Internacionalista Simon Bolivar
# Comando Jaramillista Morelense 23 de Mayo
# EZLN
# Group of Guerilla Combatants of Jose Maria Morelos y Pavon (CGNJMMP)
# Justice Army of Defenseless People (EJPI)
# Justice Army of the Defenseless People
# Mara Salvatruchas
# Movimiento Armado Nacionalista Organizacion (MANO)
# People's Revolutionary Armed Forces (FRAP)
# Popular Revolutionary Army
# Popular Revolutionary Army (Mexico)
# Revolutionary Armed Forces of the People (FARP)
# Revolutionary Army of Insurgent People (ERPI)
# Revolutionary Worker Clandestine Union of the People Party
# United Popular Liberation Army of America

www.tkb.org...

Majority have a left wing feel to them, so my original theory of a left wing link could be well true.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
You wont hear this in the news. Any terror attack inside the U.S. is classified as an accident so the president looks good fighting the war on terror. Train derailment? Oh it's just an accident. Bridge collapse? Oh it's just an accident. Tanker explosion? It was just an accident now move along.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
OMG!

this isn't even top news in the UK...

my heart goes out to those killed. has anyone claimed responsibility? Mexico does have a few left wing terrorist groups.

Many things are happening around the world, and only selective events are considered worthy news to news media in the UK, even in the U.S.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

I couldent have said it better ... there have been more then a few suspicious "accidents" since 9/11/2001 involving trains, explosions at oil refineries, chemical plants, mass transit, etc

Also, for the terrorist list dont forget Los Zetas and the rebels in Chiapas.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
You wont hear this in the news. Any terror attack inside the U.S. is classified as an accident so the president looks good fighting the war on terror. Train derailment? Oh it's just an accident. Bridge collapse? Oh it's just an accident. Tanker explosion? It was just an accident now move along.

Move along?

25 tons of dynamite on a truck explodes. And thats a accident? How do you figure. Any truck that has that much dynamite on it is no accident. And to carry it so carelessly. Might as well been carrying Nitroglycerin.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
My friend in Mexico on MSN says that it was an accident. He also says there are no leftist terrorists in Northern Mexico.

Thats all I can add to this, unfortunately.

EDIT: If this hasn't been added already, I'd also like to add that the area the truck exploded was in a mining area. Chances are, the explosives were just for mining.

[edit on 9/10/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Maybe a little over zealous with the jump to the Al Qaeda conclusion, but with all of the reports of Al Qaeda links being forged in Mexican gangs the assumption was not out of the realm of possibility.

The day before 9/11 also played a role in my Al Qaeda conclusion.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by the_sentinal

Fair enough. But I think Al Qaeda would go for something bigger than this as long as they're destroying things in North America.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

My thoughts are that events like this could possibly be viewed as trigger events, you know, sort of a signal to an Al Qaeda cell in the US to commence with a plan of attack, I may be wrong though.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by the_sentinal

I think if there's an attack, it'll be either tomorrow, or September 14th.

More likely tomorrow though. I'd expect an air attack from an actual nation on September 14th more than I would an attack from Al Qaeda.

I wonder if Russia will take the opportunity..

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

A coordinated attack by more than one entity against a country whose military is stationed half a world away.......priceless.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Ok, so this is what I just read on Fox news...

www.foxnews.com...

This is a snippet from the story...

"A small, shadowy leftist group linked to similar attacks in July left a note claiming responsibility, a police official in the Gulf coast state of Veracruz told The Associated Press. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not allowed to be quoted by name.

The note was found alongside at least one undetonated explosive device uncovered by soldiers in a swampy area about 550 yards away from a highway toll booth 25 miles north of the port of Veracruz, the official said."

Thousands have been evacuated. I cannot believe this is not everywhere on the news...strange...

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
CNBC was reporting the Veracruz incident. Gas prices will likely skyrocket, as Mexico supplies one-seventh of America's petroleum. I hope the Mexican Army slaughters these bastards, and quickly-they are stealing from the desperately poor of Mexico.

I don't think the oil companies are behind this...if these stunts continue, the customers will react to the outrageous prices and limit their consumption, as is the case in Europe.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
To all the U.S. Companies who have laid off their employees and moved their operations to Mexico... You dumb f.....s no longer enjoy the priviledges of being protected by U.S. Armed Forces and if you go under because some terrorist blows up your facilities, well good riddance!

Can you imagine, our borders are wide open to trucks these days and here we have dynamite loaded in a truck, just how dumb are our government officials and the business leaders paying them off to do this..

[edit on 10-9-2007 by GrndLkNatv]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GrndLkNatv

The trucks that are coming across the border won't carry dynamite. The US has has said that it will be a very limited, finite number of trucks that can cross. The only materials they will be carrying are building supplies and other non hazardous materials.

The truck wasn't driven by terrorists. It was some poor guy doing his job and he had a really bad accident. The people around him weren't too lucky either.

35 people died in this. We shouldn't wish death on anyone, even if they are moving their companies to Mexico.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
This is an interesting story, another example of the underbelly of political violence that is still prelevant in Mexico today. I imagine that this attack was, as the report so put, carried out by a leftist gorilla group. The last 13 years has been one of political change in Mexico, after the emergence of the Zapatista National Liberation Army (EZLN) on the 1st of January 1994. Originally, the Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI) were in power from 1929, and it was their oppression of the indigenous Mexican people that soon brough bout the the EZLN and their a new type of geurilla warfare to the jungles of Chiapas in Southern Mexico. After six years of hiding from the Mexican army, of unifying global support via the internet and Subcomandante Marco's verse, and of rallying Mexico behind themselves, the PRI were ousted from power by the conservative PAN party in the July 2nd 2000 elections.
However, to say that this is the end of turmoil in Mexico is evidently wrong. As good a cause as the Zapatistas are, and the strong moral standpoint, and the ideals they have which sets them apart from every other freedom fighting guerilla army worldwide, they can't be without problems. Such is the way of human kind. The paramilitary action we are seeing now could well be splintered groups from the EZLN. But why would a group fighting for the rights of indigenous indians bomb pipelines? Well, the EZLN have always spoken out against the way in which Mexicos abundant resources have been sold out to American firms by the Mexican government through NAFTA. No more is the prelevant than in Chiapas, where everything from timber to oil is stolen from indian land and sold to America. Most of Southern Mexico is powered from that one state, and yet 80% of homes there have no electricity. This strikes me as a reason for splintered paramilitary groups to bomb pipelines.
In the same vien, it could well be the PRI using their own paramilitary groups to cause internal controversy for the relatively new government. This has been done before by the PRI, and it would not surprise me if it was being done again.
This bombing thereby has nothing to do with outside stressors of terrorist groups like al-Qaeda, but instead is more likely the effect of 13 years of social and political upheaval in the area. I would not blame the great work the EZLN has done, but its more likely to be replica paramilitary groups working in the area, especially as it was a bombing in the North, not an area the EZLN are heavily situated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join