It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Dynamite blast on truck kills 30 in Mexico( Pipeline Attack?)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Report: Dynamite blast on truck kills 30 in Mexico( Pipeline Attack?)

www.cnn.com

A truck carrying more than 25 tons of dynamite exploded Monday in northern Mexico, killing at least 30 people and injuring more than 100, according to Notimex, Mexico's official news agency.

Three Mexican reporters were among those killed, the report said.

Video footage showed the burned-out, mangled shell of the truck and nearby cars damaged by the blast.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-9-2007 by the_sentinal]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I'm hearing now on Fox news that this incident is terror related, more info should be coming out soon. They are saying it happend at a refinery, but CNN is not saying that.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
sad that so many people have died in this accident. i wonder why there were three reporters there in the first place though? anyone know what the destination of the truck was?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
the number of dead is changing on the headline, I guess it's too early to tell, the number of injured has risen by 40 in ten minutes.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I don't know if this is part of the same article, but this is breaking news on the Fauxnews.com site at this time.

www.foxnews.com...

I'm not sure if I added this link properly. Sorry mods if I screwed it up.

A_L

edit to fix broken link, thanx man for letting me know it wasn't working. I was reading the latest on yahoo news, also.

[edit on 9/10/2007 by another_lurker]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by another_lurker

Dude, your link does not work, you may want to look into that. the address line is no complete, I think.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
hmmm. this is the bbc report - news.bbc.co.uk...

they report the truck was most likely hit by another vehicle and it happened overnight. now what are the odds of there being 3 reporters in the area when it happened?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

This is the report from Fox news a far different sounding story, are we talking about the same incident??

ICO CITY — Six explosions ripped apart pipelines for Mexico's state oil monopoly early Monday, the company said. The blasts were believed to be sabotage and 12,000 people were evacuated afterward.

A small, left-wing guerrilla group claimed to have attacked a major gas pipeline for the Mexican state oil monopoly Petroleos Mexicanos, or Pemex, in July and at the time at least a dozen major companies were forced to suspend or scale back operations.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
No, there were 2...

A truck full of explosives in Northern Mexico, and multiple explosions around Mexico City.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
So Fox is saying it's terror related, CNN nothing while BBC says it's an accident?

Well, there you have all the possibilities.

I wish they'd stop reporting things they've not verified..

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
So Fox is saying it's terror related, CNN nothing while BBC says it's an accident?

Well, there you have all the possibilities.

I wish they'd stop reporting things they've not verified..

I believe they are confusing the separate events...

What I got from FOX was that the truck incident was an accident, while the explosions in and around Mexico City were terror related.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Milk

Sounds like al-Qaeda is on the move this morning, I wonder what else we'll see

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
interesting developments in Mexico, it seems like it two separate incidents, one involving the truck and dynamite (collision) and the other being a pipeline attack which had like six or seven explosions

Mexico Dynamite Truck Explosion Kills 37

Mexico's Pemex says explosions at several pipelines

also interesting to note that according to the above article that a domestic leftist group could be responsible since they have been responsible for earlier bombings in Mexico this year.

[edit on 9-10-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

AP is reporting the same thing:

Blasts Hit Mexico Oil Company Pipelines

What I'd really like to see is a report by some local news service, not these NWO news services..

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I originally wanted to post the pipeline attack story but mistook the dynamite blast as the event being reported, wouldn't the fac that the two events happening so closely too each other indicate that there is a link between the two?? I believe there might be....

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I wonder if the truck was headed for the USA. Hopefulyl more will be released but in this day and age can we believe anything we hear from the news or people in power.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Does this have anything to do with trucks from Mexico now being allowed into the US? Just a thought.

Mexican Trucks

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
how strange that an apparent terrorist attack on the oil pipelines is NOT being reported by the bbc (nor on google news front page either) yet an accident with a truck is.

how far away from the oil pipelines was the truck?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Fox News and BBC didnt report the refinery issue? Really fishy stuff to me. Knowing that both News stations reported the 9/11 attacks pretty much the same way. There is something about the refinery issue that tells me that it is a message to Bush in some way. Bush = Oil. As far as the truck incident, I think it was a deliberate action that was to prevent the explosive from entering US soil. But without further information on this, this is just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
they have only just now reported the pipeline explosions on their website... here is the link

strange that they took so long to do so

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join