It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September 14th all US Military flights grounded

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienNation

Sorry i meant NORAD, late night i guess.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
i went to cnn.com and read where it said they had mistakenly flown with a nuke but it said nothing about sept 14th...maybe they got rid of that part?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by time4chg07
i went to cnn.com and read where it said they had mistakenly flown with a nuke but it said nothing about sept 14th...maybe they got rid of that part?

Its still up.
Its here at CNN/Europe
www.cnn.com...

To try and make it easier,heres the full article.....

Military admits bomber mistakenly flew nukes across country

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A B-52 bomber mistakenly carried six nuclear warheads on air-launched cruise missiles on a flight from North Dakota to Louisiana last week, prompting a major investigation, military officials have confirmed.

The plane took the cruise missiles last Thursday from Minot Air Force Base to Barksdale Air Force Base for decommissioning, but the warheads should have been removed from the missiles before they were attached to the B-52, according to military officials. The crew was unaware that they were carrying nuclear weapons, the officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the extraordinary sensitivity and security surrounding the case. The mistake was discovered after the plane's six-hour flight to Louisiana.

Lt. Col. Ed Thomas said that while the military does not publicly discuss nuclear weapons procedures, in this case the Air Force decided to acknowledge the incident in order to reassure the public.

"The public was never in any danger," Thomas said. But officials also said the incident was a major breach of security rules surrounding nuclear weapons. One Air Force official said that he could not recall anything similar happening. The Air Force announced that all flights of fighters and bombers in the United States will be halted on Sept. 14 to allow for a review of procedures. --From Pentagon Correspondent Barbara Starr (Posted 11:56 a.m.)

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
hmm... last time we did something like this, didn't something bad happen?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This month being Sept., it also means that the end of the fiscal year. That means that except for real-world emergencies, the money for fuel is used up. This happens every year. Most flying is cut back to a bare minimum. The mainstream press is creating a tempest in a teacup.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
ACC orders commandwide standdown Friday

By Bruce Rolfsen - Staff writer
Posted : Monday Sep 10, 2007 17:38:42 EDT

On Sept. 14, flight lines will be very quiet at Air Combat Command bases.

The entire command — about 100,000 active-duty airmen — is standing down training flights and many other operations as part of a command-wide safety day.

Entire article at link below:

www.airforcetimes.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Christian radio host questions Air Combat Command’s decision to stand down on Friday

CHATTANOOGA, TN, September 10, 2007…“Insanity, seditious complicity, or a planned provocation to induce horrific terror attacks. I can’t think of any other explanation for the ludicrous decision.” That’s the conclusion exclaimed by Christian radio talk show host Rick Wiles who is outraged over the United States Air Combat Command’s announcement that it will stand down on Friday, September 14.

Wiles said he asked Major Crosson why the Air Combat Command would stand down following the release of the newest video from Osama bin Laden. “Major Crosson justified it by saying that the stand down order came days before the video! I then asked if General Keys would rescind the order since the nation is on a heightened state of alert. He said he didn’t think so,” stated Wiles. Officials for both The Air Combat Command and the U.S. Air Force declined Wiles’ invitation to appear on Trunews to explain the stand down.

Entire article at link below:

www.trunews.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
What scares me is it doesnt matter how obvious it is, because once its happened, and those new rules/laws are implemented by the administration.... what you know/knew will mean nothing.

If anything occurs, americans will have no one to blame but fellow americans.
Because it is only through weakness, greed and fear that you've allowed this administration to cause so much wreckless hate and death in your good name, which has ultimately resulted in your own destruction.

Its basically been a countdown since 9/11/01 to when the 'next' big thing would occur, its been 6 long years and Bush is STILL Calling the shots.

In my mind, its deserved.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
This pertains only to the United States Air Force, not the states' Air National Guard units who would be the ones to respond to any homeland attack. They certainly have no nuclear weapons they need to account for or overview policy for.

Another small news item blown way out of proportion IMO.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I dont know much about this website,but if it is correct,its a little odd.
The timing seems weird,to me at least.

(HalTurnerShow)-ISRAELI AIRLINE HAS "NO FLIGHTS" DEPARTING NEW YORK ON FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 14:
Strange that the main airline in Israel suddenly has "no flight" from the biggest jew population center outside of Israel on the very same day that the entire US Air Force will be "standing down."

halturnershow.com...

Full story here
halturnershow.com...

(Disclaimer)--->Im not stating that this has any merrit,as im not familiar to the site,just thought it was something to report.could just be another oddity on the 14th.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Sept 14 false flag is being reported as a HOAX

The stand down will not be a complete stand down order.

[edit on 12/9/2007 by section8citizen]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Thats what ive been saying all along!!! Will anyone listen? Wow. Its like folks would rather believe bad news that isnt even happening over reality.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Thats what ive been saying all along!!! Will anyone listen? Wow. Its like folks would rather believe bad news that isnt even happening over reality.

Still, one has to wonder why they would publicly announce that they are going to ground all Air Force flights.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Interesting timing

Bombardier orders inspections after crashes

Toronto-based plane maker recommends landing gear inspections; some carriers cancel flights.

September 13 2007: 11:56 AM EDT

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Canadian plane manufacturer Bombardier has asked airlines to inspect its Q400 aircraft after two of the planes, operated by Scandinavian Air, crash-landed in Europe this week.

Seattle-based Horizon Air canceled 120 Wednesday flights to inspect 19 planes, it said, and expected to cut 156 flights on Thursday, with more cuts expected Friday to insure complete inspections. Horizon normally averages 500 flights a day.

Entire article at link below

money.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think that these are interesting coincidences. I read the infowars link about this being a hoax and i am not sure that this should be deemed a hoax. is it wrong for us to question why these things are happening?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Three scenarios spring to mind, so lets see how they pan out tomorrow.

1. Its a safety standdown. Procedures are reviewed and the ideas behind them are rigourously reinforced. Everyones happy, nothing else goes down.

2. Its a message. Its saying "hey, we really didn't mean to screw up the START treaty and deploy a bomber with nukes on it, fly your satellites by, all our planes our on the ramps, you can see what we are up to"

and lastly, the more sci-fi/conspiracy minded option

3. Something disappears in a bright flash and a mushroom cloud at worst, smoking hole left by MOAB at best, but it "can't" be the US that did it because "hey - all our birds are grounded and all the airframes are accounted for and we were reviewing our procedures, what a henious act, must have been the bad guys, go team USA, bye bye sections of Iran"

Personally I think its No.2. A B-52 with six nukes on board in weapon positions is NOT likely to have been taken very well by the Russians.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by section8citizen

Infowars.net is not Infowars.com

I challenge you to find the same article on Infowars.com

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

Originally posted by Black_Fox
From Source:

Strange that the main airline in Israel suddenly has "no flight" from the biggest jew population center outside of Israel on the very same day

Not strage bearing in mind it is Jewish new year from the 13-15 and a time for more Jewish people to be in synagoge or at home with their families eating honey cake. Therefore flying would not be a popular pursuit or working in the case of El Al staff.

However im sure it must be part of a global jewish conspiracy......

Shana Tova (happy new year)

Jensy

(edited to add a quote)

[edit on 14/9/07 by jensy]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
OK, a long shot. Maybe all the pilots are being introduced to a new type of technology or weapons system in a briefing just before the upcoming war?

Just a gut feeling...

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
So what was the big deal about the stand down? I still dont know why so many tyhreads were started on here about it. It was just another normal day where i was. Again, what was all the hype about or is this just another typical date thread ATS paranoia thing?

Are they really all out to get us??? (spooky whistle noise)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join