It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there really a President's "Book of Secrets"?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I do not believe that there is an exact documentation or book so to say that keeps all of the secrets that American presidents had kept or are in the process of still keeping. While I do believe that these events aren't kept in one single book, I do believe that they ARE recorded in some fashion whether it be a top secret file or even something as simple as a letter to a leader of an allying country. In other words, I think these events are recorded, but I believe they are completely scattered. I think the leaders of the free world would be smart enough as to think of what would happen if an enemy got their hands on ONE single book that had ALL of the nations secrets.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Nah I don't think there's a book of secrets. Just think about it. Why would anyone want to put all of the US governments top secret information in one little book? If anyone gets their hand on the book, that's a wrap. So no it wouldn't make sense in the least bit to have one book of secrets.

I'm sure there are many books that have secrets in them. Pamphlets and files that will never see the light of day, not even to the President himself, but if the presidents had a book of secrets, I'm sure it wouldn't be half as interesting as the CIA's secret files or something like that. The Vatican library probably has the most important secrets, though.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AL77ZZZ

Living in the UK, a country where there is no freedom of information act and anything and everything to do with national security is classified I can understand the cynicism behind the existence of a presidential book of secrets. If such a book does indeed exist perhaps it does so as a reminder of how certain political situations where dealt with and to inform the current president of how he should deal with things should another, similar, situation presents itself. It could be, as the film "National Treasure 2 Book of Secrets" suggests, the true stories of what really happened to JFK, what Area 51 ia all about or it could even be a huge joke.
Who knows but if the US has the same laws as the UK these secrets will only remain so for 50 years unless deemed not to be in the public's interest!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I think there really is one, because someone has to know what happened when JFK was shot and at Area 51. And who better to know that than the president?

So, if the president has this book of secrets, that only the president knows about and can see, did JFK write down who shot him?

-LS

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by scooler1

everything personalized for the presidents eyes are probably somewhere safe where no one knows probably area 51 is just a area that is pretending to study alien life maybe it is a safe for a secret book that only the presidents eyes can see

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
yes there is a book and it has been kept in safe keeping sence washington was presented it holds all of our nations security risks and it also holds the location of hoffa

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
yes there is a book and it has been kept in safe keeping sence washington was presented it holds all of our nations security risks and it also holds the location of hoffa

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
the presidents book exists but is not for the president.first of all it isnt a book its a group of files and people,second it was called the presidents book because it was first established by edgar hoover but was given to a mole in the government to collect secrets.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
There is a book of Presidential Secrets. It is not a secret book in the essence that no one can know about it, but it contains secrets in it. I have a copy of the book as I was once President of The United States of America. If you want a copy I will glady email you one.

Thanks,

William Clinton

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
There is plenty they're not going to tell the president. Even the CIA is not the "absolute powers that be". It's the NSA (National Security Agency), the imfamous "Men in Black". Those guys are some scary spooks!

I have a friend that used to work at decyphering cryptology at an NSA installation when he was in the navy. This "naval base" is way out in the mountains of West Virginia, where gigantic sat dishes monitor communications from around the world. The building he worked in was a concrete bunker, completely underground. The place was heavily guarded by MP's with M-16's. Their orders were, should the place be over-run by enemies, were to shoot the workers there FIRST, as they knew too much to be captured! After my friend got out of the navy, he was barred from travelling out of the country for 10 years. I hope they don't come visiting me for posting this! =:-o

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AL77ZZZ

Dairy is where cows live. D-I-A-R-Y is a book that people write in.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
As having worked within a "certain" governmental agency for a number of years, I can neither officially confirm or deny the existence of such a book, but I can tell you one thing for certain. There are two entities within the government that have full knowledge of its workings (both past and present) and they are the President of the United States and the Director of Central Security. Those are the only two that are privy to the information many seek.

In response to the person that posted the information about "SI", I must say that they are dead wrong. There is no such category when relating to compartmentalized information. The term that is used is "SCI" and that refers to Special Compartmentalized Information. That information is available to those previously mentioned and to those that are working within the specific department when that information is relevant. By safeguarding information in this manner, it makes it nearly impossible for any agency or persons to retrieve the information.

I would suggest that those here interested in "Above Top Secret" events and information take the time to read "The Puzzle Palace". Perhaps do a little research on "Project Centerlane" or "The Wilson Nexus". Interested? Post here, and I will respond with my experiences.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I belive the president does not run everything. If there was a book or some kind of documintation of all our histories secrets then theres no way in hell the president would know. Its true that one person must know about everything that goes on. Such as area 51 and other top secret things. It could be the president or anyone else. Whos knows. Chances are unless every single person in this nation stands up and fights for these answers we will never know. And considering most people today nobody really cares for some reason. If everything was revealed it would shock our nation beyond anything like before. Its a matter of opinion but i do not think the president is the top guy. Who knows who it is. Who knows how that top guy is chosen. But hopefully one day we will.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Many things of extreme value may be rated Top Secret, and though you may have a Top Secret clearance, it doesn't mean you will have access.

Things of high technical and sensitive nature are compartmentalized. That could mean something as wild as we have a Mars operation, and our President is not aware. Need To Know.

We do know that in 1945, Truman had no knowledge of the atom bombs until he became President, and was asked for permission to drop them. This is the Vice President in time of war!

Compartmentalization is the most effective way to maintain secrets.

Then, within the intelligence agencies, the compartments there may even work to effect odd purposes, unaware of the other's interests. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing, and ends up working against each other. Energy technologies will not necessarily be known by the Energy secretary. And so on.

One book? Doubtful. But hundreds of little books, that if combined, would change the world overnight.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join