It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the world going girly?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Someone hase to stand up and say that.most of our manly society has gone a little girly,and is influenced by girly stuff.
lets start witht he proof
1 ---MUSIC---
so i listen to hip hop most of the time,most of the other music has gone girly: girly emo metal,girly ballads,girly i dont know what more.
i remember the old hip hop with lil jon and all the hardcore rap
and now what?:
massari -songs sounds great but DAMN THATS GIRLY and is that make up on him?
p dyddy and mario's new song - sounds great again but damn thats girly!
50 cent and timbarlake ayo technology?sounds great again but little made for girls again dont u think?
neyo - cmon man thats just SICK how can u be so damn girly!
the "shes like the wind song" again little girly tony sunshine ha?
so i made my point about girly songs everywhere these days!
2 ---girls---
girls like gays they adore gays much more then we do "girls with girls"
yea in school and your girl/friends like to make you girly dont you?
sometimes they want to be on the top(excuse for this) hm?
i cant made my point here couse ill be banned...^^
3 ---did i heard about homosexuals in the army?---
4 the new 80' style thats in bulgaria right now
boys walking with fashion haircuts and large aviator glasses with handbags acting girly.....excuse me miss where u keep ur lipstick?
again girls date everyone of them couse theyr girly
4 ---emo boys---- tight clothes,being depresed cutting yourself?again girls like them
ill continue the thread tomorow i got into trouble....

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Is it just me or is the world going stupid?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paresthesia
Is it just me or is the world going stupid?

I think so. Not everyone though....just a select few.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by secret titan
I think so. Not everyone though....just a select few.

Select few? That's an understatement.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
that was very sarcastic of you people but what can i expect

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Is the world going girly? --- Is the world going stupid?

I'll take neither of them for 200 Alex.

What the world is becoming is rude, empathetically challenged, and borderline ignorant at times. I see three members that I share a great deal of respect for, treating a fellow member very poorly, and for what reason? Rather than offering a legitimate response, that the member deserves, this is what we could come up with? Some inadvertent, back-handed insult?

Please. We, you, and I, are all better than this.

Sometimes it truly is better to say nothing.

To the topic at hand, is the world becoming girly? I don't think so.

I think the market for pop music, and pop culture in general, is changing by the minute. This current trend is just another notch on the belt, and it will fade away just as everything else does.

Originally posted by Unisol
i remember the old hip hop with lil jon and all the hardcore rap

Lil Jon? Lil Jon's most popular stuff is post-y2k. I don't think it's fair to group him as "old hip hop". When someone says "old hip hop", I think back to Run DMC, and other various individuals and performers that paved the path that so many walk today.

I'm a fan of almost all form of music, bagpipes excluded, but I can honestly say that I oppose hardcore rap. Surely these individuals have a creative bone in their body where their lyrics can consist of something with a bit of substance. Sex sells, we know that. But how far are some of them willing to take it?

Is the world going girly? I don't think so. Like I said, just another notch on the belt.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
indeed i didnt think much when making it.i just wanted to say that tha fashion and the tv is changing
i was just mad couse here every commercial is about woman's(dont know the english word sorry),womans medicine,this things are sold in the pfarmaceft shops,i dont want to see these commercials while eating...not that i get grossed by eating but still sorry dont flame me

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
that was very sarcastic of you people but what can i expect

Sorry buddy, that wasn't my intention. Peace?

Back to the topic at hand, I don't think the world is becoming more girly. However I do stand by my statement that the world is becoming more stupid, and ignorant as well. Actually I think more ignorant than stupid, but sometimes the line blurs.

1. Music
Maybe it's just me, but I noticed that the music has become less about stuff that matters and more about petty things of no real consequence. I see nothing wrong with emo songs, so long as it matters.

Example -- Guns 'n Roses - November Rain. That's an emo song. But it's about love, and love matters. Hip-hop gangsta rap -- take your pick of an artist/track -- they talk about bling-bling and hoes and what nots. That's materialistic and inconsequential.

2. Girls
As far as I can tell, they've always enjoyed the company of gay men. I see no problem there. Gay men need friends and good on them if girls want to be their friends. Being jealous of the fact is a moot point, in my humble opinion.

What I see as wrong, in girls today (girls, yeah, not women) is that they, too, seem to place importance on the inconsequential stuff. But then again I'm not that old so I can't really make a fair assessment here.

3. Homosexuals in the army
Hey don't kid yourself, some homosexual men are tougher than most straight guys. Don't really have much more to comment here.

4. Emo boys
Again, I see this as more silly than girly. Getting all emotional over nothing or at least over silly little things like how your friends perceive you. Wrong emotional investment, I believe. You want to be emo, be emo over the fact that the world is going straight into the gutter. And do something other that slitting your wrist about it.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Unisol

About the TV commercials -- It's a logical step. The purchasing power of women has increased significantly. And where there's purchasing power, there'll be a legion of marketeers trying to tap into it.

My $0.02.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
peace ofcourse^^ the thing u sayd about shopping really reminded me.
about the amount of shopping girls do,i got really pissed when in some magazin the hobby of one girl was "shopping"...money dont fall from sky>_

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Chill, dude! That's what girls do, they shop! I remember reading somewhere that it's a sort of throwback to the cavemen days, when women foraged for food and other stuff while guys went hunting. If that's true, then there's nothing much we can do about it, since it's in their nature. You can't fight nature, you would only lose.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
yeaa i know we have our down sides too...i guess im just not in da mood or sometin

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It's cool. That's what the "Rant" forum is for

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Unisol

I don't know which young ladies you know but the ones I know don't spend their time shopping; they spend their time working their butts off at jobs, school, volunteering or in activities such as 4-H. Me thinks you need to expand your circle of friends.

As far as the world going girly don't think so as Chissler said just a phase things alway change.

Take care.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a girl is triyng to mind control me...
one girl/friend i have always jokes and teying to make me gay
now i just had a dream i dont wanna talk about.
the little monster is going to PAY for this!

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Unisol

Aha! Now we've gotten to the root of the problem!

Strange, I've had this happen to me, too. Never really gave it much thought, though.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
its really easy to play with someones brain as it seems
once i made a girl dream all the stupid stuff i talked about too.
but this little XD
just wont stop saying im gay.thank god the dream didnt go that much..
actualy nothin happend to be worry about....but next time i cant be sure>_<
arrrg i hate it when they play with my mind

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It's a test, young Padawan. Use the force

But seriously, it's a test. Or a game. You've got to remember, a lot of girls read magazines about relationships and all that junk at the same age most of us guys were catching bugs or burning ants with a magnifying glass. So when you read something in a magazine that you've got the capability to try, you would go out and test it, right?

That's what they're doing, I'm certain. They wanna see how you'd react. They know a whole lot more about all these dirty mind tricks. So what can you do? Do the Jedi mind-trick. Play the game with them.

Just play the game

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
hehehe thanks man u really do helped me.
gotta use the force,i hate these tricks they write in magazines about relationships.
guess ill play jedi academy to pass the time but which side is the gay one?
dark or light?

[edit on 9/9/07 by Unisol]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Neither, if girls are what you're after

Here, this really helped me out when I first entered college and suddenly was surrounded by sneakier, more devious women. Learn from it, try to apply it in your life, and be a better man.

Good luck!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join