It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharpton

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
I don't think Sharpton would make a good president, but I don't think he has a chance of winning anyway. So, his running doesn't bother me. I like Lieberman, but he's also unelectable(I think), mostly because of his religion.(and due to the fact that he has no chin
)

Sharpton is important ot the race b/c it not only shows that minorities can run so those if the future will try. But, he has a tendency of exposing domestic issues that go overlooked by the other candidates and the inept media.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
He does that without running. He's a media whore, like Michael Jackson.
I swear, you can't keep either of them off the camera for a week.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Fine I'll include Kucinich too, just to make those political correct people happy. Why don't Kucinich and Sharpton drop out?
It really isn't a matter of race to me black or white, doesn't matter to me. It's just if you look at Kucinich and Sharpton's poll numbers, they are always at the bottom, though Kucinich does have some support. I just feel that it would be best if Sharpton dropped out and endorsed one of his colleagues (sp?).
I'm definitely no racist, I just feel that Sharpton is too religious, as someone else mentioned before.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Colonel, what about Condi and Powell? Or, don�t their achievements count [because they�re republicans]. I think those two are electable and I'd for vote for either of them - for whatever office they were seeking.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
Colonel, what about Condi and Powell? Or, don�t their achievements count [because they�re republicans]. I think those two are electable and I'd for vote for either of them - for whatever office they were seeking.

I would NEVER vote for them. They both looked like Satanspawn last night. It was weird.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Shartpton would have a chance to get elected if he weren't such a racist. I think he should drop out of the race. He only helps to further divide the democratic base. Which now that I think about is probably a good thing...

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I don't like Sharpton. He, as krankinx suggested, is a racist, pure and simple. In fact, I'd go so far as to suggest that he's a black supremacist.

That said, he does serve a valid purpose. He and everyone else realizes he has no chance, I do not think there is any misleading going on there. However, he does a good job of bringing up topics which would otherwise be regarded as taboo, and he also encourages the black population to pay attention to politics.

When a Dem wins the 2004 election, Sharpton needs to be appointed press secretary. He's supremely entertaining!

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
You make a valid point. I would like to see a black candidate run for office someday who is electable. Somone like H. Carl McCAll, former NYS Comptroller (even though he is a Democrat) I think he would be a good president.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst
Lets say that he does get elected (just imagine it for a second), wouldn't that be going against seperation of Church and State, because he's a Reverand and all.

No, this would not go against the "Separation of Church and State" clause in the Constitution, because there IS NO SUCH CLAUSE. The 1st Amendment to the Constitution says that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." Nowhere does it say that there shall be nothing remotely religious involved in government. Essentially, the US Government cannot endorse or restrict any specific religion, but must treat them all equally.

And Sharpton should stay in until the end, much as Keyes did four years ago. Sharpton's purpose is to wake up Black America to the fact that the Democrats take their votes entirely for granted.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by joehayner
I don't think Sharpton would make a good president, but I don't think he has a chance of winning anyway. So, his running doesn't bother me. I like Lieberman, but he's also unelectable(I think), mostly because of his religion.(and due to the fact that he has no chin
)

Sharpton is important ot the race b/c it not only shows that minorities can run so those if the future will try. But, he has a tendency of exposing domestic issues that go overlooked by the other candidates and the inept media.

he has a tendancy of talking about nothing but race

top topics

<< 1   >>

join