It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharpton

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Why doesn't Sharpton drop out yet?????
He has absolutely no chance in winning Iowa let alone New Hampshire, and he hasn't gone passed the 5% mark. Why doesn't he just make the smart decision that Braun made a few days ago, and drop out????

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
why? two words.

media whore.

two more words.

attention whore.

there. now you know why.

some people are not happy unless they have as many cameras in their face as humanly possible. he is one of those people who gets angry when the media doesnt give him attention.

he's the like the child who keeps yelling for his parents to keep watching him do something incredibly boring and droll but he thinks he's doing something very impressive. after awhile the parents are going through the motions just to shut him up.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Lets say that he does get elected (just imagine it for a second), wouldn't that be going against seperation of Church and State, because he's a Reverand and all.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
sharpton will never hold any political office ever

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
why? two words.

media whore.

two more words.

attention whore.

there. now you know why.

some people are not happy unless they have as many cameras in their face as humanly possible. he is one of those people who gets angry when the media doesnt give him attention.

he's the like the child who keeps yelling for his parents to keep watching him do something incredibly boring and droll but he thinks he's doing something very impressive. after awhile the parents are going through the motions just to shut him up.

Agreed!
He thinks that the Africian-American coummunity will go his way, but they won't. They know he is just a media whore. He even called the flag over MLK's tomb today the flag of racism.
More attention for Rev. Sharpton.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
That's right. Minorities should never run for political office according to repugnants.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
That's right. Minorities should never run for political office according to repugnants.

That's not true they just have to say yes masta and toe the line.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL

Oh, yeah, I forgot. They gotta do that jig too at every Repugnant National Convention so as to make repugnants look "inclusive."

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL

Oh, yeah, I forgot. They gotta do that jig too at every Repugnant National Convention so as to make repugnants look "inclusive."

Was it Franken or Moore that sized up the last Republican National Convention PERFECTLY!

Never in history, outside of an NBA game, have so many talented African Americans entertained so many untalented white people.
So funny. So true.

I love the black guy on FoxNews. He's a riot. When is he on again? Weekends from 6am to 7am?

He's not all "uppity" like Sharpton.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This doesn't really answer my question though. Shouldn't he have dropped out by now, like Braun?

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst
This doesn't really answer my question though. Shouldn't he have dropped out by now, like Braun?

I don't see why. Clinton got 3% of the vote in Iowa, and trounced Bush 41. Why isn't your thread on why shouldn't Kucinich drop out or Clark? What makes Sharpton definitionally un-electable? Hmmm? Why was it the smart thing for Braun?

What a great thread to read on Martin Luther King's birthday.

If you're really going on Iowa and New Hampsire. Clark needs to go home NOW.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   

where did i say anyone thing about minorities i have no problem with minorities in office. hell id vote for powel if he ran. i said that AL sharpton should never hold office. why? cause he's a #ing idoit. you are obviously just like him. you can trash talk white people all you want but when one guy in a minority gets picked on you scream RACIST RACIST! what the hell is up with that.

and all i said was that he'll never get elected to any office

[Edited on 1-19-2004 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Colonel, Sharpton is in the same boat as Kucinich, neither has a chance. Sorry if you don't like it. And it's a Dem race still, republicans have nothing to do with - we don't even vote in these races, so stop acting like an idiot and try to carry on a discussion for once in your life, cause we already know how you feel about repugnants - you've only mentioned it about a gazillion times.

RANT - good point about Clinton coming in so low in Iowa. Though - I can't really agree w/ you on him trouncing Bush. Clinton won on a plurality vote and surely would have lost had it not been for Perot who took almost 20% of the vote

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
What, I hurt your feelings? Truth bothers you? Why doesn't anyone suggest that Kucinich drop out who has less of a draw than Sharpton or Clark? Why does it have to be Sharpton?

Yeah, I thought so.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Originally posted by TheCatalyst

I don't see why. Clinton got 3% of the vote in Iowa, and trounced Bush 41. Why isn't your thread on why shouldn't Kucinich drop out or Clark? What makes Sharpton definitionally un-electable? Hmmm? Why was it the smart thing for Braun?

What a great thread to read on Martin Luther King's birthday.

If you're really going on Iowa and New Hampsire. Clark needs to go home NOW.

Thank you Rant. Let these people know what's up.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
SHARPTON IS A MEDIA WHORE. Well at least he doesn't care to try to be covert about it. He doesn't care if he is or not.

I don't blame him. Let's be honest, the media wins elections, nothing else.

Where the shepard steers, the sheep will follow. Society has to have 90% of those. It always has.

Note-I hate 99% of where Sharpton stands for, but at least he has the balls to try.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   

What, I hurt your feelings? Truth bothers you? Why doesn't anyone suggest that Kucinich drop out who has less of a draw than Sharpton or Clark? Why does it have to be Sharpton?

Yeah, I thought so.

What did I just say, Colonel? I said Dennis is in the same boat! In fact, they all are! They should all drop out now and save their money! Maybe it is you that is bothered by the truth?

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Sharpton is not electable. He's too involved in religion. He's black, face it, America isn't ready yet. If they were, more black people would run and more would be elected. I know someone is going to call me a racist, whatever, get a life. Much of the American public doesn't even like him. He's a loud obnoxious media whore.

I don't shame him for running, though. The change of public opinion has to happen sometime and for someone. If no minorities ran, none could be elected.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
Sharpton is not electable. He's too involved in religion. He's black, face it, America isn't ready yet. If they were, more black people would run and more would be elected.

I won't call you racist for this comment. At least you spoke the truth which is all I ask.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Colonel, you never cease to amaze me. I could picture the total opposite response coming from you. I thought for sure you were going to give me the "burn in hell you racist nazi" response.

I'm not so ignorant as to not realize that a vast majority of America is prejudice against some race, sex, or religion.

I don't think Sharpton would make a good president, but I don't think he has a chance of winning anyway. So, his running doesn't bother me. I like Lieberman, but he's also unelectable(I think), mostly because of his religion.(and due to the fact that he has no chin
)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join