It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gravity Powered Machine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai
Magnets and Gravity are not Energy. They are forces.

I think you meant to say that magnetism and gravity are forces.

Magnets are not a force, they are an object.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
The giant pendulum that Yahn Goodey describes sounds very interesting. From a mathematical point of view, that would not be perpetual motion. I don't know if you could actually use it to generate power, but at least there is a chance. You couldn't get very much out of it, though, even if it works.

There is a pendulum like that in the loby of the UN building if you would like to see one.

The thing is, if you added magnets to make energy it would slow the pendulum down and eventually stop it.

Vas

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Yeah, it probably would. Still, I can't help wondering if there is some way to tap into the Earth's rotation to generate power. That would be pretty sweet.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I saw a program about a man somewhere in europe that has had a "free energy" device working on similar principles in his backyard for a few years... basicly the idea is a gigantic wheel, with about 150 sliding weights using a lever system...

the side coming down, the weights are out and exposed, making the downward force greater on that side, as the weights on the opposite side are retracted into the wheel, thus making the downward force on that side of the wheel lower

at the top and bottom there's a bar that activates the levers to slide the weights out when they reach the top, and back in when they reach the bottom, so the difference in downward force is different on either side, creating a surplus in energy as there is more downward force on the side moving towards the earth than it takes to lift the side moving away from it.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This man is absolutley amazing!

Like others have said though, lets hope that the big boys don't silence him, this could be the start of something big! imagine having a refined verson of one of these in homes!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
For people that seem to think that this guy is not real and that this invention has no merit you might want to think about this... man once thought the earth was flat.... until he proved to those that it wasn't. All the laws of physics are much the same. Accepted as correct until proven incorrect. Some people are adamant to just accept things the way they are and if everyone thought that way we would still be in the stone age. Now with that little philosophy blurb out of the way .... I have designed just such a device although it's physical design differs. I have completed 3D simulations and everything looks good from that perspective. This week I go into a machine shop (use of the facilities was kindly donated to me) to begin building prototypes. An earlier comment questioned why someone would post video at this stage in the game but the way I see it from the link in the search that brought me here he apparently has a Canadian patent so why not put something out and get input and ideas rolling which might prove or disprove it to everyone. Myself on the other hand, I do not have a patent and for now will keep the information I share...limited. There is an invention that I found online and researched and in preliminary tests, although not the most scientific tests, seemed to exhibit overunity. The basics on this machine used similar principles to the Bob Kostoff machine but used much simpler (in my opinion) mechanisms. One of the keys as I read (again my opinion) was that it used the ability to include and overlap a number of forces. It combined the force of gravity as well as the moment of inertia in a rotating object and then there is this oscillatory movement that seems to couple the two forces and this I believe is where the overunity is obtained... by the coupling of these two forces. People speak of perpetual motion and I have to make this comment in regards. (again my opinion) Perpetual motion as I see is the absence of resistance to a given force and that the given force is a singularity. A ball thrown in space has a linear force vector... it is singular. If we impose a spin on that ball we have centrifugal force and again it is singular. If we impart an equal and opposite force (Newton) to the linear motion it will stop... but the ball will continue spinning. Now if we take these two forces linear and centrifugal and combine them in a device that switches mechanically between them when one is overcome by by an opposing force (before everything comes to a complete stop) Then you have the potential to have continued motion, Not Perpetual Motion because as I said perpetual motions are a singularity and every singularity of motion has it's opposite Newtonian force. That is what I believe is happening, or needs to happen in order for such a device to work. An unbalanced flywheel has the potential but as long as the unbalances are static then it will never happen. The swinging weights in Bob Kostoffs machine alleviate the problem of static weights to a degree but their motion (I presume) are identical and if that is the case then now you have what could be called "Static Motion" and again it will in my opinion fail. So Bob needs to look at ways of causing a situation where those unbalances can be started or forced to vary in a manner in which they can readily overlap the energies within them and withing the entire machine as a whole. One last thing to note in this rather long post and I do apologize but it was necessary to convey the point. In making such a device with oscillation and unbalance there is still a problem as I see it... ultimately it will more than likely fail mechanically over time as do all machines so careful considerations have to be made in the design so as to minimize the self destructiveness but still allow it to work. I do believe that correctly done such a device can be made to run for many years, even decades. I will keep everyone up to date as to the progress of my build.

Good luck to Bob!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
problem with the original post link

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
Yeah, it probably would. Still, I can't help wondering if there is some way to tap into the Earth's rotation to generate power. That would be pretty sweet.

On the contrary, that would be a disaster if it was ever achieved. There's a finite amount of energy in that rotation so tapping energy from it would slow it down making the days get progressively longer while that energy was being used and there's no recovery :O

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiterabbit85
I saw a program about a man somewhere in europe that has had a "free energy" device working on similar principles in his backyard for a few years... basicly the idea is a gigantic wheel, with about 150 sliding weights using a lever system...

That's a variation on the 'overbalanced wheel' type proposals that were the earliest ideas and, at first glance, it looks like it has possibilities but, in practise, it fails miserably for the simple reason that it takes as much (or even more) energy to restore the weights to their position of maximum potential energy as was recovered through letting them fall in the first place. These devices do not rotate by themselves at all and it's simple enough to build a small example if you need proof of that.

I've seen designs of devices similar to what you described but they were mainly about attracting investors in their day. The devices didn't work and strangely enough we still see the same scams going on to the present day (it's all about the money) with ever more intricate gadgets that actually work just as well as these ancient designs in producing energy for free.

Here's a 15th century design you could construct with a little wood or metal and hinges etc for minimal expense but don't expect it to do anything.

[edit on 23/3/2010 by Pilgrum]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

Haha, that's a good point :p Though one could point out that the earth's rotation is already slowing down, and that the energy of the earth's rotation is just another nonrenewable resource, like oil or whatever, but it's probably still a bad idea to slow down the earth's rotation by a significant amount.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join