It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to become a Mason

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'm sure people have asked this thousands of times. I was wondering what it takes to become a Mason. I have been interested in Masonry since I was in the military. I was asked when I was in the military but I didn't feel it was the right time as I was still very immature. I do not currently know any masons at this time. I guess what i am asking is do I just go to the local masonic lodge and petition. I don't want to offend anyone or anyones beliefs by doing that. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Mod Note: Secret Societies Forum Posting Conduct – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
You have a U2U...

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
How to become a Mason? That's easy...just marry this guy:

He's a Jewish Mason. Are there any Masons in Israel??

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

Well, seeing that the building of King Solomon's Temple is integral to Masonic lore...

www.freemasonry.org.il...

I would hope so...

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
May I ask why one would want to be a Mason in the first place? To belong to some secret organization and feel special?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Jackie Mason in a secret society? Hardly...he's a comedian!

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I heard Freemasonry was the best thing since four wheel brakes. What do they do?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I heard Freemasonry was the best thing since four wheel brakes. What do they do?

I'm pretty sure they help you slow down your car and make it stop. But, I'm no expert or mechanic or anything.....

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I have been wondering too. I want to honestle be a mason I an finishing up school for air conditioning and heat and would like masonic help while starting my own business

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ironjello

It doesn't work that way... Freemasonry isn't for helping you or anyone start, or maintain a business; it's not for getting out of parking tickets or worse; it's for improving yourself, to grow spiritually within the fraternal bonds of the Craft.

I'd suggest more research on your part before pursuing a petition.

top topics

join