It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foxx news trying to disqualify their own poll

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

to announce he will do what the terrorists want.

You can spin it like that if you want... But the way I see it here.. ITs what the PEOPLE want!! See many mistake compassion for weakness, sure thats true.. But the people of the USA didnt want a WAR!! And we sertinly dont want more bloodshead!!

Alot of people are under this mind control still...
They ask me.. Why do you hate America? Why do you hate our troops?

Why will you do what the terroist want you to do??

More spin IMO...

This nation was suppose to be build upon what is best for the PEOPLE..
Not what is best for Federal Banks, and big Governments..

There is no spin. Go back and hear the words that came out of his (Ron Paul's) mouth.

You're right, most people including me want that. But my point is very simple; he should not announce it. He should not appear to be making concessions to murderers. That's not good for a pres candidate to do, and it's whacko policy for any pres.

Our enemies would learn from that, and say, "ok we want the US to do this, this and this... Ahmed go get the bombs ready.

They would think this (bombs, terrorism) is the way to deal with the US. Terrorists would learn that terrorism works so what do you think they would do more of? (answer; terrorism).

That just wouldn't be bad for American people, that would be bad for any other non Islamic country that doesn't obey Bin Laden and other terrorists. (The UK, most of Europe).

It's not USA = good guys. Terrorists = bad guys

It is more like USA govt. = bad guys. Terrorists = bad guys

[edit on 7-9-2007 by Electro38]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

"Cleary established?!?"

1) Osama bin Laden

2) Michael Scheurer, former CIA analyst. (Osama even referenced him in his last video for this fact.)

3) 9-11 commission.

4) The list goes on forever.

[edit on 9/7/2007 by sp00n1]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by photobug
Source

I am so tired of all the media out there. They use the polls to justify their position and when they dont like the results they have to offer an explanation as to how the poll is possibly wrong. I didnt hear them mention that the poll may be wrong for rudy or any other candidate it's always about knocking Ron Paul. Watching parts of the debate it's really amusing when ron paul makes a statement how the onstage microphones pick up a laugh from another debater and the laughs always take on the tone of hahhahaha I cant believe he just said that. But in the end It's not the audience laughing but it's the audience applauding.

[edit on 6-9-2007 by photobug]

It's funny that you mention a thing about Polls.

When I was still in college and I had a Poly Sci class. We studied how polls work and how if you ask the right question and used the correct language. You can make the results of any poll to come out in your favor.

Polls are controlled from the very first start of the question.

I'm actually registered on Pollingpoint.com and they send me inventations to take a poll to earn points. When you take enough polls and earn points, you can exchange points for products or 100 dollars cash. But you need a boat load of points for it.

So anyway, I like to take them because I like to see what they are probing the public for. Some questions are slanted, but some are ok.

They really seem to be paying attention to the consumer confidence and politics right now. They recent poll questions for the past 6 to 8 months have been asking me where I shop. Which stores from a list I find negative or I heard something negative in the past week. Or a list of stores I find positive or heard anything positive in the past week.

Then they go on to ask which companies do you admire and be proud to work for. And then which companies I would be embarrassed to work for. Or have I ever purchased anything online or in the store from a list of companies they provided.

So they seem to be interested in the economy right now and presidential candidates.

I just wanted to share this with my fellow ATS folks.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp00n1

"Cleary established?!?"

1) Osama bin Laden

2) Michael Scheurer, former CIA analyst. (Osama even referenced him in his last video for this fact.)

3) 9-11 commission.

4) The list goes on forever.

Just because you make a list of people you think "clearly established" something means it was "clearly established"?

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I (and most people) have never seen anything that "clearly established" anything that happened on 9-11, or any other act of terrorism.

Do you believe everything you read?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Fox should do as it pleases. The strong should progress, the weak will sort itself out, if you know what I mean.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

There is a kind of normative cultural programming in the USA that says the USA must always be right in its military actions, the USA must admit to no weakness, and the USA must be judged right if not righteous in killing, maiming or jailing whoever gets killed, maimed or jailed by its armed forces. This kind of programming pops up a great deal on internet forums with US citizens. This kind of thinking filter also becomes an operational programme when US citizens hear someone who is speaking contrary to those accepted but terribly misguided norms. Ron Paul speaks the way the heyoka would challenge traditional First Nations/Amerindian tribes and nations.

As I have already written, I find your reading/hearing of Ron Paul fascinating, but I find that he was extraordinarily sharp and said precisely what needed to be said.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It's sad how some people accept the spoon-fed medicine the media gives you without wondering if it's good or bad. Investigate yourself and read more than just FoxNews or CNN. Get a wide range of sources then decide for yourself.

I support Paul because he doesn't flip flop the issue and bases his ideas on the constitution. Now he has a stronger following. The other candidates and the media have to recognize it, not ignore it by calling him crazy. That's argumentum ad hominem

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

No, i don't believe anything i read about 9/11. My point is that, according to the official story, we brought 9/11 on ourselves through our asinine foreign policay.

Personally, i think it was an inside job.

But back on topic, i think Ron Paul had every reason to say what he's said. And at no time did i hear him say we should do something because al-Qaeda told us to. Fox news sure as hell tried to paint it that way tho. Do you believe anything you hear on fox?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheInfamousOne

Some polls are certainly biased, yes.

But this was a poll asking "Who won the GOP debate?"

How does one get biased answers to a poll like that? How was that question in any way slanted towards Ron Paul?!?!

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

No where have I heard Ron Paul say, "Let's do what the terrorist want us to do" I heard a guy on FOX say that, but not Ron Paul.

What he has said is that part of the problem is the US being in their land and he is correct, that is part of the problem. Bottom line is, we don't belong there. What business does the US have in the Middle East? Saying we will take our guys out and get off their land is not making concessions, its doing the right thing. We have no business in the Middle East force feeding our views, politics and culture to other people weather we agree with there views or not.

I think of it like this........ Let's say I go to your house. I kick the crap out of you and I stay. I stay as long as I want, I do what I want, and your opinion on it makes no difference. Then one day, I realize how wrong I am and I leave. Am I making any concessions? In the end all I really proved is that I can come back anytime I want and you couldn't stop me. If we were to leave the Middle East, all we really do is take our forces out of a place they have no business being in to begin with. However, is it not obvious that should we ever need a reason to return that it will not be a problem? So where is the concession in that?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Here's a short video that proves that you could not redial for the poll from the same cell phone. Fox news people are back at making news up on the fly... scumbags.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

I'm so glad that the internet is gaining more power, especially to those young potential voters who just might become ACTIVE voters next year.

[imo]
The potential that YouTube and sites like this have hopefully will be the dark horse that carries much needed change to America.[/imo]

[edit on 7/9/07 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Absolutely, the YouTube debates on prime-time television kinda show that the internet is really competing with the MSM. And where they can't beat em, they're forced to join them.

Hooray for free speech and free internet, at least while it lasts...

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordHrodric
It's sad how some people accept the spoon-fed medicine the media gives you without wondering if it's good or bad. Investigate yourself and read more than just FoxNews or CNN. Get a wide range of sources then decide for yourself.

I support Paul because he doesn't flip flop the issue and bases his ideas on the constitution. Now he has a stronger following. The other candidates and the media have to recognize it, not ignore it by calling him crazy. That's argumentum ad hominem

I agree, it's amazing how many people just buy into the mainstream media. Good post LordHrodric!

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This is turning into a great thread,

Please read my post on I want to be president...

thread

You can apply this topic to Ron paul if you wish because the topic is still relevant regardless of who the candidate is. With the current technology and the increase of knowledge and awarness we are clearly able to see the spin the mainstream media is putting on everything and we are increasingly catching not only the media but the government as well in what amounts to nothing more than B.S. So I ask the following question how does one overcome these unsurpassable hurdles to gain the publics attention? If the right person came along and could somehow cut through this mess I honestly believe America could muster up the grass roots support to change this mess we have let ourselves be a part of.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
We should inundate Hannity & Colmes with this video and demand them to issue a retraction since it was clearly impossible to re-dial from the same phone. And unless each ron paul supporter has 1,000 phones, no single one of them could re-vote enough times to make much impact.

Call into their live radio shows. Call into their live television show when they take live calls. I assume they take live calls on their TV show, but i must say i dont watch it...

You can email them @

[email protected] or [email protected]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This thread has some really good debates going here.. So I would like to add this very important video as my evidence, its not only Fox news, but CNN too! Have a look for yourself.

This video is older one, from round 1. Yet makes as great evidence

[edit on 7-9-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It amazes me at how hard the MSM in America is pushing to make Sen. Paul look like an absolute fool and the American citizens that support him like imbiciles. As far as I can tell, he is the one hope the US has at setting itself back on the path that your founding fathers set out for your country 230 odd years ago. If it was just Fox pushing this agenda I could understand but it appears that it is every MSM outlet in your country.

Making his supporters sound like a cult by calling them "Paulites", I mean, what is the point of that? I would hope that statements like that would cause a few more American voters to stop and ask why are they demonizing this man so much, but I don't know if it will.

Keep pushing folks, use what tools are at your disposal to get the Ron Paul message out there.

A thought just occurred to me: if against all odds Sen. Paul won the GOP nomination or was on the verge of it, would the PTB allow it? Or would they remove him from the running to put in the candidate they want facing Clinton/Obama?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen

I think of it like this........ Let's say I go to your house. I kick the crap out of you and I stay. I stay as long as I want, I do what I want, and your opinion on it makes no difference. Then one day, I realize how wrong I am and I leave. Am I making any concessions? In the end all I really proved is that I can come back anytime I want and you couldn't stop me. If we were to leave the Middle East, all we really do is take our forces out of a place they have no business being in to begin with. However, is it not obvious that should we ever need a reason to return that it will not be a problem? So where is the concession in that?

Bravo! I had a hypothetical all ready to write and then I read yours, which I liked better
Well said!

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectRon41

WEll... I happen to find that sickening! You broke you buy! You go to a store you dont touch anything. blah blah blah..

You are saying bottom line, We need to stay and kill them off, so they dont come back to haunt us right? What are we fixing anyway???

We need to murder every one that doesnt agree with us?? Did Ron Paul state, he is just going to act like a Wimp and say, opps my bad, cya?

Thats just being plain ignorant, and you might as well go back to your tube, Fox news is calling to you!

You really want our boys and girls there another 5-15 years?

[edit on 7-9-2007 by zysin5]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join