It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran offers to aid Syria following new tensions with Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Iran offers to aid Syria following new tensions with Israel

www.ynetnews.com

Iran's ambassador to Damascus, Mu , assured security officials in Syria that Teheran would be ready to offer Damascus any assistance it may need, Iranian media reported on Thursday afternoon following a resurgence of tensions between Israel and Syria.

Syria claims that IDF aircraft entered Syrian airspace overnight.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related ATS Discussion:

Syria 'fires on Israel warplanes'

[edit on 6-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I really thought that tensions had eased between Syria and Israel after a summer of confrontation.

Seems as if one side is spoiling for a war .

And of course Iran sticks its nose in it as usual

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-9-2007 by The_Coo]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Good.

israel is armed by America. Syria needs all the help it can get, especially in the face of this unprovoked aggression.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Well I have yet to see any evidence that anything significant even happened last night at all.

If the situation was reversed and Israel was accusing Syria of something and making threats, I bet everyone here would be questioning the authenticity of the claims or yelling "false flag" or something. But I guess since Syria is blaming Israel for something, it's automatically believed.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

Given that israel has routinely invaded the airspace of it`s neighbours - while Syria has not - it`s not an unreasonable conclusion to jump to.

JSR

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

Given that israel has routinely invaded the airspace of it`s neighbours - while Syria has not - it`s not an unreasonable conclusion to jump to.

i know everybody here thinks syria is all innocent and stuff, but, this really does smell like a "false flag" by syria.

ill be waiting to see what happens, but, it just seems to be moving to fast from one side........

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by JSR

i know everybody here thinks syria is all innocent and stuff, but, this really does smell like a "false flag" by syria.

ill be waiting to see what happens, but, it just seems to be moving to fast from one side........

From the front page of the same source as the original story in the thread:

Israel acknowledges flying over Lebanon routinely, but it is unclear how often its aircraft fly over Syria.

Israeli aircraft are believed to fly routine reconnaissance flights over the Golan Heights, in the south of the country, apparently to monitor Syrian army moves.

Based on past performance (for example, occupying the south of Lebanon for 22 years in the face of the UNSC), I`m inclined to think that Israel probably did head into Syrian airspace. I think it`s far more likely than a Syrian false flag - which has no prescedent that I`m aware of. If you have an example, please enighten me.

JSR

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
i understand the conserns about this website, but, it's at least a good explaination of what could have happened.....

DEBKAfile military sources speculate the Syrians may have referred to a possible Israeli surveillance flight which finding itself under fire may have dumped a fuel tank to gain speed; Damascus may be seeking to raise the military temperatures between the two countries for its own purposes, or fabricating a pretext to go on the offensive against Israeli targets on the Golan.

source: www.debka.com...
[\ex]

[edit on 6-9-2007 by JSR] fix quote

[edit on 6-9-2007 by JSR]tried to fix quote again

i give up.....

[edit on 6-9-2007 by JSR]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JSR

That`s reaching.

CNN - about as pro israel as it gets, your link not withstanding, is even including the precedents for the flight - the IDF buzzing Damascus during their invasion of Lebanon in their coverage of the story.

There is no historical reason that I can see to conclude that Israel did not enter into Syrian airspace.

JSR

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

There is no historical reason that I can see to conclude that Israel did not enter into Syrian airspace.

i never said they didnt.....

but, if they do on a regular basis, why would this one be considered an act of war.....and all the "war rhetoric" statments this time and not the other times.

after all, what about this story.....
Syria Threatens Israel on Golan Heights
www.nysun.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JSR

Leaving my personal feeling of the NY Sun aside: I was under the impression that from a standpoint of International law, the Golan did not belong to Israel - IIRC there are a few UNSC resolutions dealing with Israel and the Golan.

Israel claims it from Syria, but has no backing in Law.

Should the unnamed source of unverifiable provenance in your story have chosen his/her/it`s words more carefully? Possibly. Does Syria have a right to be more than a little vexed at Israel`s continued - as in Decades Long - stonewalling of international law on this occupied territory?

JSR

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

look....your missing my point.

i never said syria did or didnt have a right to be mad about the golan heights. i never said israil shouldnt accept the concequences of the actions they have taken. you are reading far too much into what i have posted.

im simply stating, syria might have taken a routin servalence flight ( illegal or not) as a pretext to start a war, and to say "israil made the first move". that would put syria in a position of response, instead of attack.

should they (syria) have the right to respond to a violation of there air space? sure. but why so heavy handed now, and not so all the other times.

furthermore, if it was just a servalence flight, i find it very hard to believe syria is not doing some spying on there own. not to say two wrongs make a right, but, why blow this out of perportion?

top topics

join