It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soul catcher theory. where?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer

John, if I posted something like that, other people might consider it a thinly veiled personal attack.

Thank you for your post and your comments forsakenwayfarer. I try to make my comments as thinly veiled as possible without violating the T&C. Its an artform practiced by many of us here on ATS. But please accept my apologies if it offended you, I can tell that you haven't been here all that long yourself.

Anyone who disagrees with you is just "ignorant" and "young".

I try and avoid the word 'ignorant' as it got me banned once. If I have to use the word I use it very judiciously. The use of word 'young' is only a relative term, similar to the use of 'old age'.

Old age does not justify overtly smug comments.

Instead of 'overtly smug comments' I would prefer you use the word 'sarcasm'. I am considered one of it's masters. I dislike the word 'smug'. It's so je ne sais quoi.

Your status here should place you above this.

I only wish I had status here. In fact my status is like many, on the precarious edge of the ban.

I'm sorry, but validity and/or posting knowingly false information aside - I cannot condone this, and I am complaining to the staff. Your self-righteous rants really do have to stop.

I would take issue with the comment of posting "knowingly false information" as it pertains to the information I have posted but I temper my issue with the fact that I was once in your position floundering around, questioning life, wondering how the heck anybody could belive in a soul.

As far as complaing to the staff I do it all the time. As a matter of fact I am headed there shortly.

And as far as my self righteous rants, well what can I say? Thats why I am a Conspiracy Master.

[quote[As a post script, I HIGHLY suggest members who feel the same way simply click ALERT at the bottom of John's post. No need to fill in anything on the form, just submit it. If the staff begins to realize how many of us actually hold this opinion on Mr Lear, something will eventually be done.

I would respectfully suggest a thread so that everybody can publically post their complaints...something like...'Is John Lear Self Righteous' or maybe 'Are John Lear's Rants Self Righteous?'

In any case forsakenwayfarer please accept my apologies for any insult you may have suffered in my rants. I humbly request your understanding and pardon.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
I try to make my comments as thinly veiled as possible without violating the T&C. Its an artform practiced by many of us here on ATS.

Yes, but its that type of unctuous snottiness that in many places will get your bar-stool kicked out from under ya'.

And, it knocks respect right out of the picture.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Originally posted by MrPenny

I try to make my comments as thinly veiled as possible without violating the T&C. Its an artform practiced by many of us here on ATS.

Yes, but its that type of unctuous snottiness that in many places will get your bar-stool kicked out from under ya'.

And, it knocks respect right out of the picture.

Thanks for your post MrPenny, you are always welcome and always on target.

Although I take personal issue with the term "unctuous snottiness" it is dead smack on. Fortunately my drinking days are long gone so I never have to go into a bar except to find my wife on occasion.

Respect? I had respect? Are you kidding me?

Thanks again for the post MrPenny, you are always welcome.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Fortunately my drinking days are long gone so I never have to go into a bar except to find my wife on occasion.

One hilarity point awarded to Lear.

She'll leave you for dead in the desert if she sees that.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulshock

If you are interested here is a C2C with Joseph McMoneagle for your listening pleasure.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

Last Part

It's a very interesting listen. He speaks about remote viewing very far into space and the his work with the military. I can't recall if he mentions the moon and following someone's soul in this interview or not but I do remember hearing that somewhere else for certain.

He sounds very, very tired. He remote views like all day and I guess it's a lot of work. Physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually taxing.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

The spirit and the soul are the same. That is you. Always was you. And always will be you. That soul/spirit is manufactured at a level far above anything we can imagine. As a matter of fact it is manufactured so far above that we can't even imagine it being manufactured. We think its technologically impossible.

Not according to Kabbalistic practices, which suggest that Spirit is seperate from the soul. In a sense, the spirit is the energy that surrounds you and your soul is the entity that is you...

Correct me if i'm wrong.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
lol @ a "soul catcher." I'm sorry, but it doesn't get any more ridiculous than that. We can't even prove that "souls" exist in the first place. I would ask for some proof of this so-called soul catcher, but I think I already know what the answer to that question will be...

Maybe you should check out the after life experiments conducted by Dr. Gary Schwartz at the University of Arizona. Triple blind and peer reviewed.

veritas.arizona.edu...

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
thanks MERRYXMAN for the weblinks

Soul and spirit are the same thing, just different names.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soulshock
Soul and spirit are the same thing, just different names.

Not according to Kabbala

The Soul and the spirit are different energies. Although some cultures believe they are one and the same... I disagree.

www.mountainman.com.au...

"“Soul” is the vessel that the spirit inhabits."

www.christ-centeredkabbalah.org...

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The body is the vessel.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hi All,
Well I've had a NDE experience of going down a tunnel of white light and I saw no evidence that I was on the moon or anywhere near it. The word "soulcatcher" sounds ominous in that it applies that once this thing has your soul targeted, there's no escaping it. Well during my NDE I only went about three quarters of the way down this tunnel of white light, then fear of the unkown got the better of me. At that moment I simply turned around of my own free will and returned to my body. If this soulcatcher exists I certainly didn't see any evidence of it.

Having also had numerous outter body experiences I personally believe based on my own experiences that when your in spirit your consciousness is basically in the driving seat and your literally creating your own reality on the fly. In that respect everyones reality is different when they die or during an OBE or NDE.

Your Mind is a Quantum Engine—Are You Ready to Fire It Up?
The art of "applied quantum physics" is learning how to harness the power of consciousness as we move through space and time. At the heart of quantum theory lies an astonishing (and scientifically proven) truth: that the very act of observing events in your life can alter their outcome. Our minds may not be just along for the ride in an impersonal universe, suggests Dr. Wolf. Instead, we can define the fabric of reality at a fundamental level with the choices we make, the things we choose to see or not see, and most importantly, our intentions in each moment.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Okay, lets suppose for a minute that each soul did go to the moon when we died. Just imagine the number of souls there already!! - this would include millions of dinosaurs, almost infinite number of cattle, bugs, fish and birds, etc.

I much prefer the theory Steven Greer and David Icke preach, that we are all of one conscious mind divisible. This explains the awareness that we call "the sixth sense" or "psychic mind".

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Originally posted by SwingingMonkey

Okay, lets suppose for a minute that each soul did go to the moon when we died. Just imagine the number of souls there already!! - this would include millions of dinosaurs, almost infinite number of cattle, bugs, fish and birds, etc.

Thanks for the post Swinging Monkey. The souls don't STAY there. They come back to earth almost instantaneously. Unless you have been a bad boy or girl and then you have to be taken out behind the woodshed and told a few things.

Also the other types of earth life you mentioned don't have souls. At least the kind of souls that goes to the moon. All those kinds of souls go to Hollywood.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The question of whether animals - creatures of lower intelligence have "souls" is open to debate. I believe my dog had a soul as much as anyone else.

So if the aliens engineered us this way, what is the reason for our existence on Earth? is it for their own amusement? - who created them?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Some people claim that animals belong to a group-soul, that few animals together are a soul or spirit.
But maybe they have their own souls but are in a early stage of evolution.

The spirit (soul) would go to another plan or you could imagine it as a dimension and after going there they reincarn, that would be the natural course.

[edit on 6-9-2007 by Soulshock]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
According to Robert Monroe, animals do have souls. During one of his OBE episodes he apparently encountered a soul that turned out to be a dog. It basically told him that he choose to become a dog to study human behaviour, so as to prepare him for his next life as a human being.

It's mentioned in his book far journeys.

www.amazon.com...

[edit on 6-9-2007 by kindred]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Alright, just to end the entire previous issue and keep this thread rolling like it has been, I've dealt with John's "sarcasm" comment from earlier so you can all stand down off high alert.

How you may want to know? Since I'm in a sharing mood, I'll tell you.

First I filed Form 26A in the main office and then flagged John with a 3-day sticker. After he pays the fines, fees, and associated costs...he is free to continue on his way. For the record, this is no different then action we'd take against anyone else who's sarcasm was riding too close to the edge. It happens.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeddicusZulZorander

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd ding! Thread's dead.

Hahaha just kidding.

But about animals having souls I absolutely believe they do. If you believe that our natural state is spirit and not body and we're just having a human experience here on Earth then I would say those cats, dogs, lizards etc. all have souls as well and are just having an animal experience here. Part of me sees a bug so small and says "It doesn't have a soul. It's part of a collective hive and it does it's thinking en masse." Then another part of me thinks with the way our society is set up we aren't much different in the way the masses think as a collective getting their dose of groupthink from whichever news outlet and that puts us only incrementally higher on the evolutionary chain above bugs. Then I get to thinking that if there were such a thing as a soulcatcher that life is nothing more than an ant farm and we study the lesser beings in little ant farms and those many times are oblivious to us just as we would be oblivious to a higher order studying us. Almost like the end of Men In Black (forgive the comparison) where the pan out of Earth to the Milky Way to another system to yet another to another untill all you see is thousands of systems so small and are nothing more than marble playthings for gargantuan creatures. Hahahaha. I don't really believe that but it gives you a sense of how small and insignificant we can be and how life could really be just a bizzare ant farm and we're being constantly reintroduced here just to see what we would do this time around.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
There is so little we all know as humans. Our arrogance and pride really is amazing. What the f do we know? Really...

We don't know if we come from monkeys, fish or frogs. (PROOF?) We don't even know how long we have been on this planet, the dating of the Giza pyramids are still being debated.
Big bang? Please...it's a theory. For all I know the Creation theory is more convincing than some mysterious explosion that creates life, that's just so laughable.

How do science explains dreams? Consciousness? Love? Hate?

Science is best at explaining what's already been done and evident and apparent, scientists are at best, the most prudist pragmatists elitists.

It's people like John Lear that steps forward to postulate and provide great insights to the mysteries of LIFE and the universe that deserve the benefit of doubt and our attention.

DO you so called "skeptics" have anything to dream about? Do you ever imagined something other than what's real?

We are put here on this earth to eat live and die, let's not add insult to injury by being a mule and say: "No, I refuse to believe anything unless you have PROOF."

Look at your fingertips, see those swirls we called fingerprints? DO monkeys have those? It's so unique and subtle that to deny the INTELLIGENT DESIGN of human, that is just being in denial about higher purpose of our existence.

So why not be open minded and see beyond your nose?

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hello.

I don’t know if this will revitalize this discussion, but much of what John Lear says regarding the “soul” is accurate. This data is verifiable from other sources, though many people would shy away from those sources as they often seem “out of agreement” with the rest of society. Some of these sources are very well known and popular, but get picked on by those who automatically have an adverse reaction to the subject matter or have ulterior motives. I am not yet willing to state these sources on this thread (Just call me chicken.) as my purpose in this communication is simply to impart some of what I know so it can be looked at, not to start an attack on those sources for whatever reason(s).

Each and every person has all the data stored in their own memory from the moment they entered this universe right up to present time. This is not just one lifetime, but no one has been here for a short time. Scientists are just barely beginning to scratch the surface of time in this universe. The quantitiy and volume of matter and space, and the number of beings in the universe is probably not really conceivable.

This memory cannot be accessed easily by most as it is intentionally and maliciously buried and hidden under electronically charged mental mechanisms which have the purpose of keeping those memories buried as well as additional control mechanisms instilled to control beings. This includes impulses to return to that location, etc... These various mechanisms along with many others help cause a being to stay oblivious to anything outside their present view, though they still have the ability to imagine things or even look at their past memories if they would work at it. It is interesting how when someone looks at life through these enforced agreements (not the being's own), they get stuck in present time trying to explain their condition based on what they see in the environment as an explanation for how they feel or the bad things that occur to them, when much of it is an automatic swtich that throws a particular emotion or idea into play and person feels like crap. Their ideas have become so inverted that they think they are the product and effect of the physical universe instead of the cause of it and the agreement on this around them is enormous.

Earth is a prison planet and has been used as a dumping ground for all types of "undesireables" who would not comform with the various societies which have occupied this sector of the universe. Earth is also used for prisoners of some past wars in these civilizations.

The stations where the mental implants (electronically instilled, not physically into a body) exist on the Moon, on Mars and Venus. There were others on Earth which have been dismantled. Some were in the past operated by opposing groups. I'm not totally sure of who runs what currently, but I think it was all taken over by a particular civilization within the last few hundred thousand years. Many of us wound up being sent to Earth since that point.

The game in this universe is backwards from what most people think. They think they have been evolving, but instead have been accumulating more and more disablilities that have kept them from being able to operate as themselves. We all started out at a state of total cause, then decided to play a game or the game in this universe as it appeared interesting and knowingly landed ourselves in this mess and it's been downhill ever since.

It is possible to get out of this trap. The technology exists to do so, though there is no easy road or a single mechine or pill that will make it all better. There have been many attempts at getting us out of this before in the past, but nothing has done the job and it has wound up in failure repeatedly.

Oops. Out of room. Too much information. I am a little to busy to get on here frequently, but I will try to keep up every couple of days.

Thank

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join