It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O Shit! I have forseen my self forseeing something bad....... the next DEPRESSION!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well, I didn't really forsee myself forseeing anything; that was just to get your attention.

BUT, I have been listening to my shortwave radio lately and on this one show (GNC radio in Ausin, Texas or something like that) there's this guy named alex something who's always talking about the new world order and the other night some guy called in during the show and started talking about how all these foriegn people coming into the US get 7-10 years no taxes in order to get a good business going. And then I find myself listening to them talk about how it is part of a plan to wipe out the middle class inorder to start a depression. And so I'm thinking, 'why the f*ck would the government want a depression?' and in about 10 minutes the answer came to me.

TO BE CONTINUED

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
And the answer is?????????????????????

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
CONCLUSION
And this is what I came up with: the only reason the government would want a depression is so that it would be easier to wipe out the existing government and its supporters and set up a communist government and have complete control of the superpower in order to insure their world domination.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
that is the answer, my friend. the only possible answer that I can come up with.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
You came up with this answer how?

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blitersety
And this is what I came up with: the only reason the government would want a depression is so that it would be easier to wipe out the existing government and its supporters and set up a communist government and have complete control of the superpower in order to insure their world domination.

Well, as much as I would like to make fun of you, what you described might be happening right now and besides I can't change your mind by calling you...you know what.

NO OFFENSE INTENTED. HOPE NONE TAKEN.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
If you are working class or middle class American, you have already begun to live it.

Fellow ATS member jagdflieger used to point out the benefits of creating economic depression to the various major shareholders of the banks who make up the board of the Federal Reserve. The benefits are enormous.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
to h(ell)town (no offense; just joking): I came up with the answer because I used the IQ that I happen to have, which is way higher above average than it should be for my age. Can you come up with a better answer?

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   

to h(ell)town (no offense; just joking): I came up with the answer because I used the IQ that I happen to have, which is way higher above average than it should be for my age. Can you come up with a better answer?

I think jagdflieger was on to something.

Just to avoid your embarrassment, IQ is in no way dependent on age.

[Edited on 18-1-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Look what happened when the economy collapsed in germany in the 20's and 30's the NAZI's rose to power... now if the government were to collapse the economy it would pave the way for a more radical government to take place or possibly as has been discussed various times (in realtion to terror atacks all be it) martial law... which would give the government more control over the country...

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

I disagree, it is dependent to some extent on your age.

Obviously a nine year old IQ is much lower than the IQ of a person of your age, (unless you are less than nine years old and I hope you are not).

But under special cases and very very very very rare cases it is not.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I think jagdflieger was on to something.

[Edited on 18-1-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

OK, first of all, what EXACTLY did jadglflieger say? And second if all, what I meant by that is the fact that I am only 12 years old and there are other people who are 50 years old and have had a lot more time to learn and study than me and yet I am still smarter than them and have a higher IQ than them. ( I was hinting thta I was a pretty smart person).

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Yes, I am with SURFUP on this one. Sorry, MASKEDAVATAR.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   

OK, first of all, what EXACTLY did jadglflieger say? And second if all, what I meant by that is the fact that I am only 12 years old and there are other people who are 50 years old and have had a lot more time to learn and study than me and yet I am still smarter than them and have a higher IQ than them. ( I was hinting thta I was a pretty smart person).

You sure are cocky, aren't you?

Just wondering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Anyone with my IQ. I think an IQ is a really stupid way of measuring someone's intelligence, and it's very inaccurate. One persons IQ may be lower because the subject taken with that IQ is lower... anyway back to the subject. If we don' know what he said then the subject should get dropped.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Obviously a nine year old IQ is much lower than the IQ of a person of your age, (unless you are less than nine years old and I hope you are not).

This is the notion I was trying to get across - an adult's IQ is not higher than a child's at all.

The IQ of a nine year old normed against a population of children on a child centred test will be the same as an adult IQ for an adult of the same ability level normed against adults. It's just how it works. IQ as a measure is not dependent on age at all. Experience and knowledge may be, but not IQ. That's off topic, but there are reasonable IQ topics here.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

This is the notion I was trying to get across - an adult's IQ is not higher than a child's at all.

The IQ of a nine year old normed against a population of children on a child centred test will be the same as an adult IQ for an adult of the same ability level normed against adults. It's just how it works. IQ as a measure is not dependent on age at all. Experience and knowledge may be, but not IQ. That's off topic, but there are reasonable IQ topics here.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

In that case I agree, IQ isn't dependent on age, only when compared with someone equal to their experience and knowledge. Sorry for the misconception and Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I agree as well... but lets get back on topic shall we?

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
Look what happened when the economy collapsed in germany in the 20's and 30's the NAZI's rose to power... now if the government were to collapse the economy it would pave the way for a more radical government to take place or possibly as has been discussed various times (in realtion to terror atacks all be it) martial law... which would give the government more control over the country...

Yes but not only depression gave rise of NAZi's, the feeling of been defeated in WW I played the one of the major, if not the major part in giving rise of NAZI, they owed to bring back the superiority that they had lost.

Not only that in those days the entire world was in depression, not just Germany. But now only U.S. is in only a part depression and it is getting better.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join