It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O Shit! I have forseen my self forseeing something bad....... the next DEPRESSION!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Although Nazis came to power in Germany during the depression, that doesn't mean anything. America got one of its best Presidents - Roosevelt - then.

However, depression means bankruptcy, means lots of assets being claimed by banks and governemts. Farms, businesses etc. Means lots of power into fewer hands. The old rich were STILL rich during the depression, and some even got wealthier off cheap labour and cheap land.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Although Nazis came to power in Germany during the depression, that doesn't mean anything. America got one of its best Presidents - Roosevelt - then.

You think Roosevelt is one of the best U.S. presidents, most of the people I have talked to disagree. Most say that Roosevelt was just an average person who was given an exhausting task on running a nation during an extraordinary war.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Now that's all very nice about IQ and Roosevelt but I do honestly think that we've been drifting way off topic. So back to the beginning. I don't suppose anyone can come up with a better reason as to why the government would want a depression in the first place unless it were to be so that they could turn the US into a communism and insure their world domination. Right? Or no? no one could figure out what I did..........
Stay tuned......

TO BE CONCLUDED........ soon.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Oh, and by the way, if anyone has any questions about the new world order, then feel free to ask me and I will get back to you ASAP.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
You think our current president would still be in charge if the economy would fail? I doubt it, without cops and the infrastructure, some poor people who shoot his butt and eat him for dinner.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
You think our current president would still be in charge if the economy would fail? I doubt it, without cops and the infrastructure, some poor people who shoot his butt and eat him for dinner.

Are you talking from personal experience, because I don't think even poor people would resort to eating such a low class creature.

I don't think the U.S. wants depression, it just came by because of bad administration.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The current president inherited corruption in corporations from the last regime. The president doesn't want this economy to completely fail, if it does, people will be doing whatever it takes to survive and even being bill gates won't help you.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This is all true and that is why the US must exist no matter the cost due to it having the largest middle class population in the world.

No one else can be expected to fight in the end like those people even though most of them are still burying their heads in the sand.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Ok: This is my alternate solution as to why the government would want a depression. Perhaps they need a depression to distract the world from seeing that they are making secret dealing with aliens who want to use the energy that humans produce or something like in the MATRIX .
But I'm not so sure about this one.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
This is all true and that is why the US must exist no matter the cost due to it having the largest middle class population in the world.

No one else can be expected to fight in the end like those people even though most of them are still burying their heads in the sand.

My point exactly. You see, if the middle class were wiped out because of a depression, then what would stop the government from taking complete control and turning this contry into a communism and take over the world in one swift strike. it is inevitable.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The New Deal for America.

You are wrong about communism...they are all the same.
In history , no political system is correct in its ideals especially when they are controlled from the beginning.

And yes. Depression is coming with hyper inflation.
The solution in the end will become another controlled ideal.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Netchicken. Roosevelt is of the highest order from the oldest family within the select.

History needs a revision. We should all be revision historians to seek the truth and understand our destiny.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blitersety
My point exactly. You see, if the middle class were wiped out because of a depression, then what would stop the government from taking complete control and turning this contry into a communism and take over the world in one swift strike. it is inevitable.

That wouldn't work because it takes a long time for the middle class to be destroyed, it doesn't happen in four or eight years, it takes decades.

Even if the gov't right now is trying to get rid of the middle class, it definitely won't succed, because in the next election the middle class will vote for someone who is in favor of them, therfore they will regain their lost ground.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join