It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why women get mad!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Last night, my husband and I had to eradicate a yellowjackets nest 6 feet from our door. To set this up, we had an old hottub that broke down this spring, sitting outside on a simple clapboard base that we built. Well the yellowjackets were going in and out between the tub and the boards. The exact location of the nest was unknown.
So my husband flipped up the tub to find out that the nest was under the boards.
So I learned that dish soap and water is an effective and safe treatment to kill nests. But the boards are tight and we need to get to it.
So my husband gets the bright idea to see where the nest is. So I held his cigarette,standing closer to the door, while he takes a shovel and lifts the platform. I hear and eerie sound of ripping paper, and then one of the grissly sounds of nature of an angry swarm. This is one of the more horrifying sounds of nature like stumbling upon a rattlesnake.
So, my instinct is to dive into the door.
My husband stands there.
He says what? I yelled to get into the house. He says what? I yelled again to get into the house. At this point I am panicking because I was worried he was going to get killed. I am yelling and waving like a crazy woman for him to get into the house.
He then asks:where is my cigarette??(which I sacrificed by throwing onto the ground)
I am like forget the
cigarette, get into the house.
This is when a hornet flies down my shirt, stings me on the neck, and four times on my bosom. That hornet was not very gracious.
So I gave up on the big boob outside and did the slapping dance on my chest inside.
So with a sore and throbbing bosom, the big boob comes and asks what?
I said didn't you see the swarm?
What swarm?
:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

Meanwhile, hornets were pinging off the doors and windows like hail.

"I didn't see any bees"

I said, didn't the wife yelling at you to come in clue you in? Your an idiot.

Idiot: well, I am not the one who got stung.:bash::bash::bash::bash:
You were the one who was screaming and flailing your arms attracting their attention.
(real reason was because I was the one who was in the light, bees can't see in the dark, this is useful information)

I asked another guy that if his wife yelled at him to get into the house, would he stand around and ask questions?
His reply, well, he wasn't the one who got stung was he?:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

I asked husband this question again today. He said, you just started yelling, you didn't say it was a swarm. I said, we were in the process of raiding a yellowjacket nest, I thought it would be obvious.
He proceeded the next time that I should articulate that it was a swarm.
I told him that you can't articulate when being chased by an angry swarm of yellowjackets, and next time I am leaving his arse outside.

His reply: I wasn't the one who got stung was I!!

AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

[edit on 5-9-2007 by nixie_nox]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
damn that was hatefull

yes we can be very stupid sometimes

but we are good and naive u are evil so u always get it^^
still im sorry for the accident its just bad luck

[edit on 5/9/07 by Unisol]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
LOL, I don't think trying to get my husband inside so he doesn't get stung was hateful.
If I were evil, I would have never had said anything in the first place.
The wasps around here are hateful though.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
nono i didnt mean that im sorry
i meant hatefull as getting angry about u being the victim becouse of him

but yea i would be too angry,what can i say we just some time like to play stupid

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
good read i enjoyed it and yeah we can be hella dense sometimes and hella stupid too. but were always thinking in good nature hopefully.

at least i wasnt stung.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
LOL ghostrider.

I can look at it now and laugh, though I still itch from the stings.

But I think it is my DH way of getting out of looking stupid and being responsible for my stings.

BTW, we won. lol

There are a few rogue yellowjackets swarming around trying to figure out what happened.
Me being the sap that I am, feel sorry for them. I don't like killing things but after my tot being stung 4 times in his 20 months.It is war.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
KILL them all i dont like bugs>_<
its ur house and they tresspassed

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Glad you can laugh about it now. Its always good to find the humor in everything. Plus those “insects on me” dances always look great, especially on video afterwards. I’m currently fighting spiders at my place. My sons allergic to them and they have decided to make the porch their home when it rains, but fail to move out when its sunny.

Totally unrelated but funny story I want to share:

Last weekend my wife started a water war inside the house and we moved it outside and our son joined in. well while were outside he decides to use the bathroom and thus causes a chain reaction that everyone needs the bathroom. So my wife collects all the waterballons (so there are no sneak attacks when they come back out) and goes inside with him to use the bathroom. While their inside I take 2 pitchers from under the sink and 2 jugs of water from the fridge (we buy our water bc the tap tastes funky) and proceed to pour them in the pitchers. Long story short the sneaky devils planned a sneak attack on me while in the bathroom and came outside balloons loaded and firing. That is until they got showered by ice-cold water from the pitchers and froze. We all had a good laugh.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
thank you nixie_nox
sorry to say but you brought a smile to my face after a long day

but

we men know panic attracts them, we are smarter there (honestly)
now, lets be honest here
would you have been angry if your husband got stung instead of you
or would you have been laughing your head off and telling him how stupid he is

and making sure he knew that you didnt get stung with a big smile on your face.

i am glad you were both OK apart from your stings and yes i do know how bad they hurt.

next time, just close the damn door and watch the fun (joking)

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
but this is the thing spliffy, he didn't know there was a swarm. He still claims that he didn't see or hear it.
Though I do have acute hearing and he can't see in the dark.
It wasn't as if he knew what he was doing. If he did, then that would be a different story.

But irregardless, if he was screaming for me to run into the house for whatever reason, I am not going to stand there and ask questions.

And yes, bee dances are quite funny. Especially when there is chest thumping. LOL

My husband had a bee land on him today and he did the dance. But managed to swipe it off before getting stung. Life isn't fair. lol

But I guess this is why the males in the animal kingdom end up being the defenders of the pride, because they don't know any better.

ghostryder:
those are the moments that make life grand.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
i am so sorry you got stung i know it doesnt tickle, but damn what a funny story i was rolling just because i can see many of the couples i know do the exact same thing. Sometimes we are just slow that way. I know for one if my girlfriend just started yelling at me i would likely be trying to find out why myself lol.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
It wasn't as if he knew what he was doing. If he did, then that would be a different story.

My husband had a bee land on him today and he did the dance. But managed to swipe it off before getting stung. Life isn't fair. lol

But I guess this is why the males in the animal kingdom end up being the defenders of the pride, because they don't know any better.

we only act stupid so we look good

the bee landing on him today and not stinging him, well, ROFL

as for the last statement
yeah
it boggles my mind as well

thx for the story

btw
i hope you DO NOT get stung again
but let us know if you do

spliffy

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing this humorous story.

In reading it I could ABSOLUTELY relate to the type situation you described. IT HAS TO BE A GUY THING I GUESS.

I hope the irritation from your stings subside. (Personally, I'd have called an exterminator and left him out of the decision making process, but that's just me.)

Best wishes,

Vix

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
i though u find us cute when we act like retarded?
omg i just hit my self in some wall before minutes.....damit coordination

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about the stinging but you did make me chuckle.

Its just typical that you got stung and your fella didnt.That sounds like the luck that i have.

The other week i punched myself in the face whilst trying to move something, lost my grip and wham straight in the mouth .Had a thick lip as a result.

I still dont know how i did it but it isnt the first time either lol.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Nixie Nox i read your story and giggled, then realized it could've been my husband in that story. Stay strong hehehehe and treat yourself to something nice to make up for the stings.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Oh thats classic. Totally something my Dh would do.

It's on a day to day basis here, dumb stuff like that.

Tell him to take the white car to the wash, he takes the blue car.

Ask him to pick up 2 tomatoes at the store and comes back with everything but tomatoes. Then goes back out to get the tomatoes and returns with 6!

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
LMAO nixie nox i had a good laugh

do you think your husband might have just been playing games with you? trying to get a reaction out of you?

sounds like something i would do

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Just listening to that creeps me out. I HATE flying bugs.
But as I tell my soon to be mother-in-law a lot "We are guys, we do dumb stuff. It's our nature!"

I get glared at a lot.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Phantom
LMAO nixie nox i had a good laugh

do you think your husband might have just been playing games with you? trying to get a reaction out of you?

sounds like something i would do

That is very possible and it certainly has crossed me mind.
Or he thinks he is cool or something.

So we finally got rid of the bees. Yes, we should of called an exterminator, but we thought it was a ground nest, not a paper nest under the boards.

This place is riddled with wasps and hornets. We would be broke if we called an exterminator everytime.

But, I did call one when we were not sure the extent of the nest. Everybody was busy, so we had to do it ourselves anyways.

If you got a good chuckle, then my job is done.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join