It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefox Users : must have list

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I have got to put my vote on stubleupon add-on. Often on the internet I find myself bored thinking I have already visited all the webpages I could have ever wanted. Until I found stumbleupon add-on for FF.

It lets you key in some topics you are interested in and you press the "Stumble" button and it brings you to a random website that other stuble users have submitted.

The great thing is the more you use it the better it gets, it lets you vote thumbs up or thumbs down on a website and it learns exactly what you are into and what you are not.

I highly recommend Stumbleupon add-on for FF.

Here is the link.

Stumbleupon for firefox

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
I have got to put my vote on stubleupon add-on. Often on the internet I find myself bored thinking I have already visited all the webpages I could have ever wanted. Until I found stumbleupon add-on for FF.

It lets you key in some topics you are interested in and you press the "Stumble" button and it brings you to a random website that other stuble users have submitted.

The great thing is the more you use it the better it gets, it lets you vote thumbs up or thumbs down on a website and it learns exactly what you are into and what you are not.

I highly recommend Stumbleupon add-on for FF.

Here is the link.

Stumbleupon for firefox

i like the idea of this addon but isn't it data mining since i have to register with my email and date of birth.

looks suspicious.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
NowDownloadAll is a good add on for firefox.
Download Helper is also good, that what collections are for.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Nice

As a Firefox user I have just 2 addons I use all the time.

1st is good old "[snipped]. I never see adverts and as someone who worked (past tense) in advertising and design for years, it's nice not to have to see the worthless spam that I never asked for. Luckily, although ATS has much advertising I don't have [snipped] set to block this site because I earned the no advert perk with posts, flags and threads. My ATS bookmark takes me past the homepage and straight to the MyATS page. Coool. I often stop and wonder what annoying offensive vision I could be looking at where there is only space.

2nd, I use "ForecastFox" for extended weather. The "radar" function is cool and it has just been updated to the latest version.

I wish someone would create an addon that replaces blank spaces from unseen Adblocked ads with pretty pictures and useful facts. Things to inspire instead of sell. Could call it "Firefox Topcoat" or something.
edit on Sun Sep 30 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

Just discovered a 3D tabs add-on called FoxTab. Totally cool but a bit redundant.

I Also like the Youtube to Mp3 Converter add-on.

edit on 22-9-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I like a couple addons that have many uses.

EXIF Viewer
addons.mozilla.org...

Tineye
addons.mozilla.org...

How many time have you wondered if someone posted there real photo on FaceBook or other social network sites.???

Did that photo of the giant fish someone sent you come from where the story claimed it came from.???

Do your kids have Internet friends, Are the photos they have posted really them or are they a 45 year old pedophile that has used a photo he found on the Internet.???

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacFanGrrl
Cool thread, I love Firefox - Greasemonkey
is a very useful add-on too.

yes GREASEMONKEY is great.

get GM, then go to Userscripts.org then search for your most frequented sites.

as far as add-ons go-

Skipscreen automatically clicks 'next' after the timer counts down for fileshare sites, combined with auto-fill captcha and all you have to do to download from megaupload for e.g is click the link once, wait for the scripts to do there thing and then it auto pops up the save file box when it ready.

You don't need to sit there watching the timer and waiting for it yourself, nor type anything

-B.M

edit on 28/12/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
To block various ads, thus making browsing more painless, I'm using following add-ons:
[SNIPPED]
Flashblock
NoScript

To automate some of my activities when browsing:
Greasemonkey
iMacros for Firefox

and some other
Shooter - to take screenshot of web page
Video Downloadhelper - to download videos from YouTube, DailyMotion, etc.
Firebug

edit on 28-1-2011 by jovanoti because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2011 by jovanoti because: (no reason given)

NOTE:
20b) Ad Blockers: As the Websites are provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the Websites.

edit on Sat Jan 29 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: ad blocker notice added

edit on Sun Sep 30 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
NICE ! THANKS VERY MUCH !
edit on Mon Mar 28 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
RequestPolicy is what i use,

and for a nice read and some paranoia how about a cool pdf into intrusions across the world www.mcafee.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I had FF 3.20 installed on my computer and on another thread I started I was having a problem with it specifically not being able to view YouTube videos which are prevalent here on ATS.

YouTube has started using HTML5 which is supported only on FF4 and up.

So I started looking at the other versions of FF and there are more than just FF3 &FF4!

There is FF5,FF6,FF7 and FF8.

I tried FF4 and I did not like it.FF5 wouldn't give me the correct spelling of a word.

But FF6.01 is great!

Almost all the important addons work on FF6.01.

You don't need the dictionary addon it is built in!

The screen sizer add on I use to use to be able to type in this little box to post here is built in too.

\There are so many enhancements in FF 6.01 that I am sold on it.

The one add on I use and use a lot is the Craigslist image prefetcher add on.

It is a must for searching ads on Craigslist

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Thanks you for the compilation! I love the [snipped], I'm using it all the time!
edit on Sun Sep 30 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
top 4 I am using:
IE tab
ABP
download status bar
open image in new tab

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
DNT+ is a great plug-in for blocking cookies. It gives a short description of who's tracking what.

Also Collusion is great for showing a map of which sites pass on your information. I was surprised to see ATS did this too. Being a 'top secret' site after all.
edit on 14-9-2012 by masontaft because: Spelt Collusion - cullision... dont want people getting lost.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This is great. Well I am not a huge Firefox fan but recently I have had shift from Chrome to Firefox. The reason was chrome did not support for my work it always got crashed. Anyway I am really enjoying with Firefox now. And I like how it works. I should add these add-ons.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
yeoldefalseflag.com...

Here is link to an add on for firefox that will tell you if the site your going to is monitored!!!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

With FF, when I open a tab I want it to automatically open with google. Right now I get a blank page. Anyone know how I can fix this?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Showing a page on a new tab in firefox is a bit annoying, you have to go into the complicated config page.

Type about:config into the address bar, you will get a warning about invalidating your warranty

Then find the entry that says browser.newtab.url, double click on it and put google.com into there (it probably says about:newtab or something at the moment)

edit on 16/6/13 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join