It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefox Users : must have list

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Have you seen this site....?

Somebody has gone to the trouble of compiling a list of at least 200 of the most useful Firefox extensions:

www.econsultant.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Old Man

Excellent resource old man, thanks for contributing to this thread.

brill

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Since others had listed their favorite FF addons, I'd like to add some I've found useful:

Speed Dial
addons.mozilla.org...

FEBE
addons.mozilla.org...
back up your bookmarks and FF extensions

COOLIRIS
addons.mozilla.org...
one of my most used addons!!!

Cooliris Previews gives you the power to browse and share Web links and rich media faster. Just mouse over any link, and the Cooliris preview window immediately appears to show you the content.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This list is generated by MR Tech Local Install available in any mozilla.org near you.
Extensions such as MR Tech and Greasemonkey are not recommended for novice users.

Generated: Thu Mar 27 2008 11:39:18 GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time)

Enabled Extensions:

- Alexa Sparky - Alexa Internet Statusbar Sparkline

- All-in-One Gestures - This extension allows you to execute common commands using mouse gestures, rocker navigation, scroll wheel navigation and page scrolling.

- Answers - Alt+Click on any word or term for quick info (definitions, up-to-the-minute reference, and more). No selection is necessary!

- ColorfulTabs - Colorful Tabs colors every tab in a different color and makes them easy to distinguish while beautifying the overall appeal of the interface.

- deskCut - Create desktop shortcuts from the context-menu. Windows and Linux (KDE/GNOME) supported.

- Extended Cookie Manager - Change the cookie status for websites on demand.

- Extended Statusbar - A Statusbar with Speed, Percentage, Time and loaded size (like Opera's one)

- GooglePreview - Inserts web site previews in Google and Yahoo search results.

- IE View Lite - Cut down version of IE View by Paul Roub.

- Image Zoom - Adds zoom functionality for images

- MetaProducts Integration - Integrate MetaProducts software with Mozilla browsers.

- MR Tech Local Install - Local Install power tools for all users. (en-US)

- ScrapBook - Helps you to save Web pages and organize the collection.

- Session Manager - Saves and restores the state of all windows.

- View Cookies - View cookies of the current web page.

- Work Offline - Adds an icon to indicate and switch online/offline mode on the status bar.

Now you get to peek inside my Superfox (a souped up firefox portable), I feel embarassed.

You can use the Alexa toolbar to check the page ranking of ATS, BTS, and PTS from time to time.
Although I have a lot of firefox extensions, there is no performance degradation whatsoever, not in my case at least.

edit: edit the list to make it tidier and add warning

[edit on Thu, 27 Mar 08 by Jazzyguy]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Here are a few of My Picks:

NoScript - allows you to select who runs scripts. This is very good for safe browsing. It also features some protection against cross scripting attacks.
addons.mozilla.org...

BugMeNot
Allows you to use pooled user names and passwords for certain sites to avoid having to sign up. Doesn't work for everything, of course, but it does safe you from having to use a 10 minute email address.
www.bugmenot.com...

Better Gmail 2
Adds a few more useful features and allows you to change the appearance of Gmail
addons.mozilla.org...

Hope this is useful to anyone.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

This is really helpful to me! Great thread. Just got "3" and am getting used to it. Now I'm off to get some of the things you listed. Thanks again!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
My fav addon for firefox 3 is Cooliris (piclens). Transform your browser into a full-screen, 3D experience for online photos and videos. It's so cool.

addons.mozilla.org...
www.cooliris.com...

Video Download helper is another excellent addon that allows you to download videos from youtube, google and other video websites.

addons.mozilla.org...

Download manager
addons.mozilla.org...

With Save Session, you can choose to save the current session and close Firefox for the next startup...

addons.mozilla.org...

Minimize to tray

addons.mozilla.org...

Firefox is cool but I tend to use avant browser for general surfing.

www.avantbrowser.com...

Maxthon isn't bad either.

www.maxthon.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This one is handy as well. Its a password manager. I've tried many any really like this one. Obviously one should not put critical data in this (ie. banking) but its good for generic websites and all the account one has to remember.

Lastpass

brill

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Cool thread, I love Firefox - Greasemonkey
is a very useful add-on too.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
“Zotero: The Next-Generation Research Tool.” 27 Oct 2008 .
Zotero is a great way to easily keep track of your citations around the web. It can keep track off multiple lists of citations, take snapshots of websites, and export the data back out in hundreds of different formats. Zotero is an addon for Firefox making it convenient but out of the way when not needed. Zotero, being free, really has no drawbacks.

My Web 2.0 class' favorite!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

You forgot the best one to help stop spyware and viruses.

NoScript. It stops all java based scripts unless you specifically tell it it's ok to load.

noscript.net...

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I just downloaded this cool Add-On. It's called Photobucket Uploader. You just right-click an image and it gives you the option to upload it to your Photobucket account. It's nice.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
how about KeyScrambler.
It's one of my faorites:
addons.mozilla.org...

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The only one I have that isn't already listed is RetailMeNot. It gives you a little bar that pops up at the top of your screen if there are any online coupons/discount codes for the page you are on. It comes in pretty handy when shopping online. Clicking the bar opens a new tab with a list of coupon/discount codes as well as a rating showing whether they are working for people or not. Saving money is always a good thing!

[edit on 26-2-2009 by Jenna]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
This is my first week playing with Firefox. I'm liking it, esp. how fast it loads pages. It is much faster than IE.
Some of these add-ons are great, like the dictionary.

Absolutely not true. I downloaded Firefox 3 and it's more than obvious that the browser doesn't perform well under adverse conditions, like handling the ATS server. Just try to make the browser not to open a new tab when ATS server shoots a pop up at it. But the browser is great for computer nerds -- it let's you to tailor it the way you like it the best. IE is hard-working mommy and daddy: just listen what your dad says.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
In case these haven't been mentioned:

TabMixPlus
addons.mozilla.org...

eQuake
addons.mozilla.org...

addons to increase font size
addons.mozilla.org...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
you need
ghostery
TACO
ADblock
betterprivacy
and theyr not going to configure them selfs you know
and a "daum firefox" skin

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Thanks very much for this! I love firefox but I never know which add-ons to get. I will be trying some of these.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
"tweak network"
it speeds up your connection like USEFULL

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I love the choice of Firefox themes - I use Curacao.
One of my favs (especially for translating overseas source material for conspiracy discussions!) is Foxlingo. It comes with other useful tools - check it out.
Plus Trackmenot - can't remember if this was mentioned.
Plus I use Webmailnotifier - which works with Firefox.
Also Favicon Picker 2 - to change bookmark icons

[edit on 5-12-2009 by unicorn1]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join