It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ELECTRIC SHOCK: Punishing Children Like the Dogs they Are...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   

the boy looks like a forigner.he does not look american to me...

Well considering that America is made up of people whose descendants are...

Irish
African
Italian
Spanish
Chinese
Korean
Japanese
Etc...

Can you please explain to me what an American should look like??

Back on Topic... whatever country is responsible for this... it is disgusting!

I thought this sort of treatment was a thing of the past... something left in the "one flew over the cuckoos nest" era...

Very sad

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
ok so basically what we have is a place where kids who are deemed "behavioraly inept" are put through rigorous torture devices until they conform? anybody else seeing a Clockwork Orange connection?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Yeah, it definitely evokes the memory of "A Clockwork Orange."

No doubt about it...

This place was recently in the news again. There's a thread about it here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Apparently, the staff are so stupid and poorly-trained, that they administered shocks on the word of a voice over the telephone. Too bad it turned out to be a prank call.

:shk:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
All I can say is that this is a damned shame. What the hell is wrong with people? Everytime I hear a story like this, I become even more convinced of my conviction that this earth needs to be cleansed of the filth which resides upon it.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

lol...you think America is free and just.......ignorance truly is bliss..

What a world you must live in…….

Anyway………this stuff is truly f’d up…….we’re talking about children bloody hell………..CHILDREN….

[edit on 23-12-2007 by andre18]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I can't even argue against the results, but clearly there's a lot more to the issue than just results. If all we need is results, with no consideration given to the methods..well, let's just not go there.

I can argue the results. Results, methods, and intention. Intention is/was the key here.

Unfortunately, you can't substantiate intention as a third party.....

My father 'jokingly' threatened me with a hot iron when I was ~9 years old....and then burned my left arm. He actually blamed it on my lack of 'evasion'. He stated that his intention was in jest....but who holds a hot iron to their child as a joke?

In the same vein, who shocks a child, or anyone for that matter, with the intention of being a friend, or a personal associate?

To control the means by which to physically impact someone on such a painful level is to not be interested in the personal opinion of said 'someone'; rather the interest is solely on the reaction(immediate and sustained), or 'results'.

Therapy...or misinterpreted symptoms conveniently applied to a discarded child(or misinformed+frustrated family) to justify an extreme form of physical imposition so as to create more empiracal data in one of our most subjective(as well as one of the most economically relevant) sciences....behavioral psychology/psychiatry?

The human condition is such that stress SHOULD be incurred. So why are we, as a society, attempting to eliminate the physical reaction to stress?

Because we allow others to assert themselves as authority...as expert, when we have the capacity to read the same books....I can't imagine ever allowing anyone with no personal experience tell me the hows and whys regarding the personality of someone I love(d) and have spent time with.....especially to the extent of administering a physical pain that does not occur naturally in our society/environment....

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by earthchild

Yes, they have reason to do ECT. The roots of psychiatry go to the racial and genetic hygiene theories. The solution psychiatrists had in last century was simply to kill or sterilize mentally ill people, criminals, gays, prostitutes and their children and anyone they could point to. They were actually doing it in Germany, Switzerland, Sweden and other countries BEFORE and during WW2. Psychiatrists were those who made decisions who’d be sterilized or gassed. They can’t do it today but suddenly their drugs are causing sexual dysfunctions and make people commit suicides as side effects. ECT is just another primitive method and many people died during or soon after that.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Am I the only one that thinks those pics look suspiciously staged?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
So it is ok to shock children with autism but its not ok to spank your children that don't have disabilities to dicipline them?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join