It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ignorant Flaggers and Star Givers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Actually this very thread provides numerous examples of how frivolously that stars and flags are given. I think I seen a five word one-line post here that has three stars or more, that's just one example of how much thought people put into starring posts.

The thread/post rating system on ATS is 100% completely lame, the option needs to be incorporated to vote in disfavor of something, not just IN favor. Until a change is made, any amount of flags and stars is completely irrelevant because it only represents one-sided bias and partiality in favor of the thread or post.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by fweshcawfee
I think I seen a five word one-line post here that has three stars or more, that's just one example of how much thought people put into starring posts.

I've a feeling they were given by a single person who thought he or she was being real cute.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
And the freakin titles are what sucker me in, and that really irritates me because I end up missing some really well thought out or researched information because i went for the title that sounded interesting. Poo.:w:

Yeah I'm tired of seeing titles along the lines of '100 percent proof' or 'alien blah blah confirmed.' Seeing a title like that is usually a sure way to finding a thread that goes no where.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I would love to see a UFO or something I could not explain away. But believers and others that more dream of the sci fi version of ufology can get carried away with their own prejudges (sp) I also see too much of the debunker scenerio in the UFO threads, where everything is a fake and nothing is real. There seems to be no middle ground as far as the UFO threads go.

To flag something obviously faked is preposterous to me. As much as to debunk something offhand without researching into it.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
What are the stars all about? How do you get them? Who gave me two stars and why?

[edit on 7-3-2008 by space cadet]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join