It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration Nightmare

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I tryed to bring this to light some time ago and was scaffed at ridiculed and I believe called ignoranit.Come to my home town any time and drive from one end to the other (8 mins) I'll give you a $20 for every American we see, if you give me $10 for every non American we see.No I don't have a solution

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Godruigez

No one on this thread has even inferred that we hate Mexicans. We do however hate that the legitimate issue of illegal immigration and all of the problems it has brought to our country. We don't hate the players - we hate the game.

I feel that Mexicans tend to be hardworking and industrious people. As such, I think they should stay and invest in building their own country unless they need to immigrant for the legitimate reasons of family or political asylum. A stronger Mexico would be better for Mexico and America.

I don't see how Mexicans fail to realize they are being used by Corporate America and the PTB as a service and labor class.

Who works at the fast food restaurants, hotels, landscaping, construction and factory jobs? Mexicans - for very low wages and few if any benefits and the cost to Corporate America is nothing. This reduction of wages does not bring the price of goods and services down, prices always go up steadily. Where does the savings on labor go? It pumps billions into CEO pay packages and corporate profits for the PTB.

As long as wages are artifically suppressed by the glut of practically free labor, many skilled American workers are either out of work or find they have to work two jobs to make ends meet.

Homes keep getting churned out by cheap Mexican labor and the housing market starts to slump because there are too many empty houses. The housing slump forces down the value of the average home and homeowners suddenly find their biggest investment is in the toilet.

Issues like education and health care only add fuel to the fire. View this problem economically and socially, not emotionally.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
WOW
I missed a few days, and look!!! Thanks for the replies. It looks like I have some catching up to do.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Jemison, I have said that from the beginning. I honestly thought that Bush would have done that. However, he didn't. That just furthers my suspicions that he is not the one really calling the shots.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Godruigez
Welcome to Aztlan you xenophobes.

No, welcome to the coming civil war. You have a good day now. Bye-Bye..

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
For those of you who seem to think that America has this unlimited ability to sustain the influx of illegal immigrants in this country, I would really like to know what you base your ASSUMPTION on. Honestly, you must think that the money to support these people is going to be grown on trees in the future or something.

We have almost 400 million people in this country, and of that near 400 million, 150 million of them are here ILLEGALLY... How do you rectify that? What, just legalize them all and say that the problem doesn't exist? I'm sorry, but that's just borderline retarded. No offense to anyone.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by Godruigez
Welcome to Aztlan you xenophobes.

No, welcome to the coming civil war. You have a good day now. Bye-Bye..

War with Chicanos? It's happened before. Are Chicanos afraid? No. This is our home. Where do you intend to put us? Work camps, ovens? There is an awful lot of us. A lot of beans to cook. haha

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

("Homes keep getting churned out by cheap Mexican labor and the housing market starts to slump because there are too many empty houses. The housing slump forces down the value of the average home and homeowners suddenly find their biggest investment is in the toilet.")

And my property tax keeps going up,my water bill is going up.Local government claim it is becouse of the single family homes ,that pay taxes as such,owned by landlords who let 3-4 familys live there.Enrollment in local schools are up,thats good,but when they are going to raise my property taxes even more to cover the ones that are not paying property tax at all.(no I have no point to this,just fed up)
at this rate my tax bill will be more than my house pmt

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Godriguez, I get the feeling that you say a lot of the things you say "tongue in cheek." However, guess what they call what you are doing. TROLLING!! You are baiting people to get into an argument with you. As you can tell, most of the posters here are not going to engage you. So, why not just give it up?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I haven't had the chance to read all the posts so forgive me if I repeat anything.

but think how society works, what would happen if 100m immigrants came here ? that would put our society at 400m. we are running out of space now.
not to mention, where would they work?

It is kinda silly assumming that 100M immigrants are going to come here. Then who is going to work in Mexico and other places?

The fact is, our economy couldn't nearly sustain half that, leaving no reason for the rest of the immigrants to come here. They are people, not bees.

It is already getting to competitive for the immigrants here in the now. So many have come that their wages keep dropping in order to compete for jobs. There is no point in risking life and limb to come here for 7$ an hour. That is what is happening. It is going to slow down. There are only so many jobs. When the first generation got here, they could get like 13-14$ an hour at least. Now it is down to 10$. The more that come, the more it will go down. It is balancing out. The pot of gold is only so big and not worth the trip to divide it up among so many people. Much less under the pressure of local municipalities that are trying to make it harder to stay.

Take away all the free education, medical expenses, and start dishing out money for civil services, it makes it even harder to stay.

My solution is simple: take away any free benefits if you are not a legal citizen. Or here legally. No ER, no medicaid or WIC, if you are caught here, you can pay the backtaxes, SS, and the cost on the city, and you can be deported humanely. If you don't have the money, you can go to Iraq to work it off. If you go to Iraq for a minimum of 2 years, you can stay.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
In most areas they are not alowed to ask if they are US citizens or not ,Thank our government for that

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Personally I think its time to implement one of two things:

1) Declare a 10 year moratorium on ALL immigration and an end to birthright citizenship, after that it be permanently capped at 50,000 per year and they must have the equivalent of a high school diploma and be able to pass a test that measures their English skills and knowledge of the US, its culture, laws, etc. The capped number of 50,000 would only be changed by a 75% Yea vote by both the House and the Senate followed by presidential approval.

or

2) Declare a 10 year moratorium on ALL immigration and an end to birthright citizenship, after that every immigrant will be required to serve a 4 year tour of duty in a specially created US Army infantry brigade that would basically be used as cannon fodder and if my some miracle they survive their 4 years then THEY and just THEY (not their whole village) get citizenship ... exactly the way it was with the the original French Foreign Legion that fought in Spain and Algeria in the 1830s.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Godriguez, I get the feeling that you say a lot of the things you say "tongue in cheek." However, guess what they call what you are doing. TROLLING!! You are baiting people to get into an argument with you. As you can tell, most of the posters here are not going to engage you. So, why not just give it up?

The gringo always wants the Chicano to shut up or give up. Call me a troll or whatever. I have opinions and will continue voicing them. I am an American with protected free speech.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Ya know...your attitude and complete lack of a coherent argument is sure not helping to make your case. In fact, keep it up and you might just make our case for us. Besides, I think its hilarious that you are the one using racially derrogative characterizations but you are calling us xenophobes. You say you are American but you keep squawking about about Aztlan. Keep it up - you are really entertaining everyone.

Hey, don't cry to me...I tried to play nice in my previous post.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Whatever is going on with this immigration ordeal is being done on purpose. The US government is blatantly letting it go. Why, though? Are they attempting to piss people off? Are they attempting to combine the races into one?

Why are they doing this?

[edit on 5-9-2007 by Sytima]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sytima

Quick answer:

The PTB want a servant class to work for practically free and jack up corporate profits so that they can pad their own pockets, have bi-lingual nannies and someone to mow their lawns. Its all bueno.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Comforter
Our first united action should be to create an auto manufacturing facility in Mexico before China does.

Daimler-Chrysler vehicles and some Fords are already made in mexico. As was the cummins engine in my Dodge.

As much as I hate Godgriguez's cheeky posts, I think he might be right about a couple things. Namely that once his people have created a wasteland in the US, and the US government has let them, the Mexicans will be the only ones left standing; everyone else will have starved or emigrated somewhere cleaner and with more opportunity.

The long term solution to this problem is that Mexicans need to just stop having so many kids. If their population hadn't burgeoned out of control decades ago (as ours is about to), maybe everyone wouldn't be starving and living in festering corrugated iron shanties. WHEN WILL HINDSIGHT BECOME FORESIGHT?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Ya know...your attitude and complete lack of a coherent argument is sure not helping to make your case. In fact, keep it up and you might just make our case for us. Besides, I think its hilarious that you are the one using racially derrogative characterizations but you are calling us xenophobes. You say you are American but you keep squawking about about Aztlan. Keep it up - you are really entertaining everyone.

Hey, don't cry to me...I tried to play nice in my previous post.

Play nice? I don't need you to be nice. My attitude is one of anger because Chicanos are being blamed for everything these days. We are the scapegoat for all things bad in America. I don't care if you get mad at my attitude. I don't fear what will happen when the gringo decides to march us into camps. You fear our culture and it is obvious. I don't fear yours. As a matter of fact, I have assimilated quite well. If you haven't noticed, I am posting in English.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Why don't you quit with the greasy comments and speak to the very well laid out issues raised in this post. What exactly do you have to say about illegal immigration. What exactly do you have to say about its negative effects on our economy, educational system, healthcare system, etc. I mean besides the fact that we're all Gringos. Speak now or forever be labeled a troll.

If you are so assimilated then surely you must recognize the effects of this issue in your own community. Or are you just an opportunist, come to bleed us dry and don't really care what remains?

I really don't see Aztlan being too big of a concern for you or your La Raza Unidos friends...how can you reclaim something that never existed? Besides, evidently you all can't take care of the country you've got now.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I am fine with Mexican migration. More wetbacks today = more Chicanos tomorrow. Thats how I became an American. Some of my family has been north of the Rio Grande for hundreds of years. The other half of my familia is from south of the Rio Grande. This IS my home and my cousins will keep coming no matter what. It has been happening this way long before it became fashionable to bash Mexicans. Just cuz you don't like my point of view, doesn't mean I'm a troll.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join