It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration Nightmare

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Just hacks me off.
Look up the Mexican laws.
I have a good time in southern Mexico, but never would I buy a piece of property, and fly an American flag there, get a job on a false identity there, or demonstrate for my rights there.
All are very illegal, prosecuted with predjudice, and if you cross illegally, it can be very bad. If you try to cross from Guatamala, you might just get shot on sight.
I would have no problem if both sides of the fence agreed to open borders. I would be there in a heartbeat buying up beachfront land.
If not, we should adopt the Mexican laws reguarding citizenship and visitors rights.
The Liberal minded wouldn't allow it, as so many human rights are violated.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollmonster
I think the best solution for curbing immigration, would be to give amnesty to all the illegals now residing in the country. Once documented and paying income tax, they would have a verifiable income, and therefore no longer automatically eligible for the social services reputed to lure them into the country.

I believe amnesty for illegals would help resolve much of the resentment and exploitation on both sides. I say the sooner the better!

The amnesty ploy has been done at least twice before. All it did was result in more illegal invaders coming over and stealing more jobs and American wealth.

Amnesty is a slap in the face to all law biding citizens and all of those who immigrated via legal processes.

All of those in favor of amnesty should be forced to compensate all those who have been victimized by these illegals. They steal jobs, identities, and wreck havoc on innocent citizens. They don't have the right to be here period.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
The EVIL Mexican has come here to ruin all of your lives. Haha. It's amazing how all the propaganda against Mexicans is working. We are apparently going to be the downfall of this nation. You forget about all the buildings and infrastructure that has been built on our backs. We care for your kids, cook your meals and build your roads but we are evil, right? I suggest you learn some Spanish and accept that we are not going anywhere. This is our home. Welcome to Aztlan you xenophobes.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karl7772000
reply to post by kosmicjack

Are you serious?! If they do anything they should be labeled terrorists and exterminated or deported whichever is easier. ( Yes i realize that is horribly ignorant but idc at the moment)

Exterminated? Just remember Mr. Nazi. We aren't as nice as the Jews. And there is a lot more of us. Start loading us in trains and putting us in camps and see who comes out ahead. Aztlan is a myth come to life.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I found some additional disturbing information in one of the Frosty Wooldridge articles and a message board discussion of the article. It describes how the illegal immigrants who come here to work on the farms have no personal hygiene or health habits, spreading disease to the plant foods.

20 million illegal aliens crossed into America in the past 20 years without any kind of health screening. They work picking our food, washing our dishes in restaurants and, as is the norm in Third World countries, rarely if ever wash their hands after using the toilet. Additionally, most of them suffer functional illiteracy. They do not practice personal hygiene or health habits most Americans assume as a normal aspect of living.

While on my 21st Century Paul Revere Ride this summer through 48 states, I saw thousands of illegal aliens working in fields the length of California. I rode through Salinas Valley where illegals cultivated crops. I noticed porta-potties sometimes and none at other times. I never saw hand washing facilities. Pause for a moment, and consider cleanliness habits of Third World people with a fifth grade education. Why does disease affect millions in the Third World? What happens when millions migrate illegally to our country? Might dozens or more do their morning constitutional amongst the crops for lack of a porta-potty? Might the contamination be spread across the fields by the common practice of “flood irrigation?” Would flooding spread the contamination further?

You never ‘hear’ the major TV networks address or experts talk about this aspect of the contamination of our foods. It’s a cover-up, plain and simple. They only report it when it breaks out beyond their ability to squelch it.

The second paragraph in this section of the article is very disturbing, which describes illegals working in restaurants putting their used toilet paper into the hand towel box.

As millions of illegals import themselves into the United States, they bring diseases. They rarely change their sanitation habits or lack thereof. They work in our meat and chicken processing plants at $6.00 an hour. Do you think they bring any responsibility and pride to their work? As more corrupt CEOs bribe health inspectors and OSHA officials, our food sources suffer degraded standards.

Illegal aliens by the millions work in our restaurants. Last spring, a reader of this column from New York City reported, “Our manager last night ran cursing out the back door of the restaurant with a hand towel box in his hand…illegals had been using the toilet and threw their used toilet paper into the box because that’s what they do in Mexico because sewage systems can’t take tissue paper. The illegals had been throwing their used toilet paper into the hand towel box!” I traveled through Mexico and saw it myself. This story represents the tip of an ugly disease epidemic growing in America.

Source: SPINACH SALAD ANYONE?

This same article was being discussed on the ALIPAC message board and I found this post made by one of the members:

I worked in a small farm field in my hometown in the mid 1960's.

I seen first hand what workers did with plant leaves, they WIPED THERE BUTT then buried it where they stood, never did they wash there hands.

I can picture them these days picking those Spinach leaves and
WIPING THERE BUTTS then dropped it in there baskets.

I'm really surprised (I shouldn't be tho) that our Government has yet to figure this out.

Embarassing!

Source: www.alipac.us... (scroll to bottom of page).

To me, this would be the last straw. It's one thing to overburden the communities but when they are spreading disease, that's where the line needs to be drawn. But I'm sure our government is already aware of these issues and they don't seem to care. So what are their REAL intentions?

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Wow, just wow.

So this article as well as the people here think we should close the borders to all immigrants? Whether they be legal or not?

And just where did you all come from? Are any of you indigenous to North America? Where are your ancestors from? Do you even know? Why can people not start a new life somewhere else?

Sure, I have got a huge problem with illegals but the article stated both are a problem. I find it odd that most people want to stop this considering what this country was founded upon. Should we take down the torch and put up a .50 cal? How dare you try and bring in your weary!

So intead of immigrating my Canadian fiance and her 3 children, I best move there instead? Even though I have a great paying job with great benefits to support them?

Makes me proud to be a part of this melting pot. Maybe there is no pot. Maybe it melted long ago.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This is one of the reasons why I feel we will have some sort of armed confrontation in this country not to different from what happened in the former Yugoslavia sometime within the next decade.

We the People are PISSED.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Mexicans have cooties too. Don't get near us, you might catch something horrible. Don't eat in any restaurants either because if you look in the kitchen, you will see us there too. Don't send your kids to school because they might make a Mexican friend. You know, kids tend not to be racist. If your child brings this little scoundrel to your home, you could all be infected. The "Aliens" have landed. Run for the hills.haha Or grab your guns. Either way, it's too late. You will all die a horrible death and the Mexican, like a cockroach, will be left standing in the wasteland.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
This is one of the reasons why I feel we will have some sort of armed confrontation in this country not to different from what happened in the former Yugoslavia sometime within the next decade.

We the People are PISSED.

Yes and I think this is what the government is planning on. When the chaos begins, martial law will be implemented and the New World Order will be in place.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bobafett1972

Best wishes and good luck to you and and your fiance'. Im quite sure its all very happy and legal.

But what this thread is concerned with is illegal immigration by people who do not wish to assimilate into American culture, at least not to any large degree. People who come here to exploit our economy, low-ball our wages and send the money they make back to Mexico or wherever. People who don't participate in our tax system but enjoy the use of our schools and the benefits of our welfare system. People who would rather transplant their own language and culture into our society rather than adapt as did generations of immigrants before them, legal or non-legal. People who have flagrant disregard for our laws but seek to use them against us under the guise of "civil rights". Well, "civil rights" are reserved legal U.S. citizens

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Thank you for your well wishes.
But, I posted because the original poster and the article posted names both legal and illegal immigrants. As if both types of immigration were of the same magnitude and problem.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
"Legal", "illegal". Just be honest. You see a bunch of Mexicans all around you and you feel threatened. That , by definition is xenophobia. Fear your government before you fear your immigrant neighbors.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Actually both of them are a big problem because the U.S. doesn't have the resources to accommodate the massive amount of immigrants coming in... legal or not.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972
Wow, just wow.

So this article as well as the people here think we should close the borders to all immigrants? Whether they be legal or not?

And just where did you all come from? Are any of you indigenous to North America? Where are your ancestors from? Do you even know? Why can people not start a new life somewhere else?

Wow did you think of this argument all by yourself? This is the first time I have ever heard it!! So because immigration was good for the US in the 1930's it must be good for the US in the 00's right?

That must mean all things that were good for us in the 30's are good for us now. Let's start to disband Unions and bring back forced segregation too then right?

People can start a new life for themselves if they contribute to society, the problem is the stunningly vast majority of them won't. Only to add on top ofthat when a country has an open immigration policy, crime rates always go up. Of the the most strict countries in terms of immigration policy, Japan, has recently started to let people come there for the first time. Guess what, the crime rate shot way up. The supposed "benefits" of immigration are totally negated by quantifiably statistics and facts proving to the contary.

Oh and the indigenous people you based your argument around, well, they came here from Asia.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by Truman_was_a_Dalek]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I think great examples of immigration gone wrong are the UK and France. I'm sure there are ATS members that can speak to this personally.

It is my impression that immigrants from middle-eastern (asian) countries relocated to the UK in huge numbers but not all of them assimilated or were well trained and the numbers were too large to be absorbed comfortably into such a small population and limited space. In France it was North and East African immigrants. France has had race riots and of course the UK has had 7/7.

There are reports of men of Middle Eastern origins traveling or immigrating to Mexico, legally changing their names to something more Latin and crossing the border illegally. I have read about this and I will try to post a link. What do you suppose they are up to? I hope we don't find out on 9/11. We need to secure the border now and sharply curtail all legal immigration.

We need to learn from these examples and take steps now, if it is not already too late.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Truman_was_a_Dalek

Thanks for the attack. Completely unnecessary. But I expect nothing less when someone reads into another words and making assumptions.

Have a great day! You are awsome!

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Thanks for the attack. Completely unnecessary. But I expect nothing less when someone reads into another words and making assumptions.

Have a great day! You are awsome!

I didn't make any assumptions. I challenged what you said and you got annoyed that reality is on my side. Thanks for telling me I'm awesome though, it makes my tummy feel all warm and fuzzy

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Yeah, thats it! No I got annoyed that your comment comes off as a slam. Not a different view point. Since my point was different than most on this thread I expect it but not the "Wow, did you come up with that all on your own" garbage.

Next time I will insert a [sarcasm]Your Awesome![/sarcasm]

[edit on 9/3/2007 by bobafett1972]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Yeah, thats it! No I got annoyed that your comment comes off as a slam. Not a different view point. Since my point was different than most on this thread I expect it but not the "Wow, did you come up with that all on your own" garbage.

Next time I will insert a [sarcasm]Your Awesome![/sarcasm]

[edit on 9/3/2007 by bobafett1972]

Yeah sorry, I get annoyed hearing the same catchphrases over and over again. If you are going to defend the antiquated notion that multiculturalism works, provide a valid argument please.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by Truman_was_a_Dalek]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Our first united action should be to create an auto manufacturing facility in Mexico before China does. The US should null and void all debt to China. The Chinese have done the same to US corporations. If we were spending the money we are spending on building China on building Mexico there would be far fewer coming over the boarder.

All immigrants coming into the US should be completely checked for disease and contagions.

The most important aspect of boarder control by far is to look beyond our national denial of that one aspect we are not to discuss at ATS. I would rather see that legalized, controlled and taxed than the continued influx of trade by Government “approved vendors”. I’ve fought in that war and as the song says “too many people have died”. Time for a head stone and a change of direction – nuff said.

We must include shutting down and auctioning off illegal business in the US that pay and harbor illegal aliens.

Labor internment camps would go a lot further at curtailment than revolving doors at the boarder. The camps could actually give these people a trade to take home with them and enough sore muscles never to return.

I guess my point is this: We are at war people and the first action, the longest lived action that will make a war the shortest and least bloody is economics (Spinoza 101).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join