It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Will Freak You Out: The SA In America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Are you referring to the Federal Police that are always parked at the federal building on Tulane Avenue? I've seen those, and yes, the do exist. The cars are marked "federal police" though, not "national."

So no, I don't think this is a hoax.

Thats the Federal Protective Service ... they guard federal buildings and property such as federal courthouses, office buildings, etc.

upload.wikimedia.org...
Is this what the vehicle looks like?

The issue with national police is that since Americans are uneducated we immediately think Gestapo and SS instead of the Gendarmerie Nationale, Guardia Civil, Carabineri, etc ... the US is one of the very few nations that does not have a national police force and IMO there are positives and negatives to that.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by ChrisF231]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ullnevernoe
reply to post by niteboy82

ya thats it....thx for getting that straight, and i dunno if theyre on tulane avenue or not, but they are sure as hell alot of other places, so I'm sure they're the same officers.

well ladida, lookeheere...it is nothing but the federal police cars parked at the federal building. and it says "FEDERAL" not national.huuuge difference hu?,...sir?
HOAXER

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Actually no, I see those pretty often, and pretty often not around the federal building. These have a yellowish red "federal police" on the trunk. I'm familiar with the DHS ones though, so I recognized that picture quickly.

Oh and for the record, I made a small mistake. The federal building is on Poydras, not Tulane.

I'll start carrying my camera around again and get a snap or two of one.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The Federal Government has no "policing authority" as per the U.S. Constitution, thus Federal agents and officers only have full "jurisdiction" within any and all "Federal Buildings" as well as within the borders and boundaries of: American Samoa, Common Wealth Of Puerto Rico, District of Columbia, Guam, and Virgin Islands.

[edit on 9-10-2007 by RexxCrow]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Why did you not come forward this previously?
It would have been a lot more believable if there had not been a similar fear mongering event last week involving a LA security company.
Looks to me like someone read that thread and decided to play off it...

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Maybe he couldent find the thread.

That being said I would love to see a picture of these vehicles he is speaking of. So I will hold off on the hoax/not hoax until then.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ullnevernoe
..... he told me that he could drive to California, Alaska, Hawaii, New York, and anywhere else in the United States, and patrol any one on any road, any highway, alley, street corner, and arrest someone under unlimited jurisdiction.

I would like to see him drive to Hawaii.

On another similar 'note', ever since I found out about the Nazi SS growing up, I thought it was that the Secret Service has the same initials and has a similar role here in the US.
Maybe I am a bit off...

DocMoreau

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

Thats like apples and oranges. They are both fruit but they are different.

Same with the USSS and Hitler's SS.

USSS:

- civilian police force.
- equipped as a civilian police force (despite popular belief they dont have normal access to military level weapons other then rifles, submachine guns, etc). The military weapons are manned by US Army soldiers and US Marines on special assignment to the White House.
- also handle counterfeit investigations.
- numbers only about 5,000.

Hiter's SS:
- military force with some police/paramilitary functions (ex. occupation and concentration camp duties).
- equipped as a military force
- I dont have the exact # but I believe it numbered in the hundreds of thousands by 1945.

The only similarity between the two is the head of state protection function. And even at that was only a regimental sized assignment in Hitler's SS.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

ChrisF, I agree... It is like Apples and Oranges, but we are still comparing fruit.

What attracted me to this thread in a way, was that I had recently posted a thread comparing the American Flag Pins to Nazi Party Pins, Barack, Don't Forget Your Nazi Party Pin.... Once again apples to oranges in many ways, but still easily compared and contrasted.

Maybe we are seeing Nazi-esque fascist actions and policies by our leaders because we are deluded, or perhaps we describe the actions and policies we see as Nazi-esque because that is 'our' best point of reference. If you look around ATS enough you should find truthful information that our current President's grandfather got caught giving the Nazi's money. To many, the current President is fulfilling his Grandfather's wishes.

But Yes, it is Apples and Oranges. Instead of fanatic fascists leading Germans blindly, there are fanatic fascists leading Americans blindly. Where Hitler thought of Germany as the third incarnation of the Holy Roman Empire, Bush envisions America as greater than the Roman Empire.

I have to say, it fascinates me (hmmm, I bet fascinate and fascism come from the same root) to see all the 'Nazi-esque' propaganda that is in use today. It fascinates me at how blatant some of it is, but how most Americans are blinded to it. Nothing would break your own Grandparents hearts more than for them to think that they had 'stopped the Nazis', only to have the fascist 'movement' emigrate to the United States, and take over power.

Perhaps the National Police are not modern SA in America, but the parallels can be seen by many. Much of what I see happening in the United States today sickens me, that much is for sure.

DocMoreau

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
So? No go on those pictures I guess?

Seriously whats the big deal. You already have an FBI and ATF and the Customs Service. All of which operate basically as police agencies. The only difference is, they do it in unmarked cars so you dont see it. You also have Border Patrol. A federal agency with marked vehicles. Im sure there are others, such as your park rangers and such (I've never understood why a park ranger would need to be armed).

CT

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Just curious but you all do know we are RIGHT NOW in a national emergency, Bush just extended it until after his term. Hmm, I wonder what is says about elections in a state of national emergency.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This type of stuff really makes me believe sep 11th was done by our government, because look at all the new laws they have made now that they wouldnt have been able to do pre 911. I tell ya man the s**t is falling on us.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join