It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Death Toll Tops 500

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
TAJI, Iraq (CNN) -- The number of U.S. troops killed in the Iraq war passed 500 on Saturday when three American soldiers died in a roadside bombing north of Baghdad.
This needs to stop!!! When will it???? Will it ever????

CNN

[Edited on 17-1-2004 by TheCatalyst]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It is a shame that we have lost 500 troops, but final victory will be ours.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

What victories are left for us in Iraq?

We have defeated Saddam along with virtually all his cronies, and the WMD was all a big lie.

What is left to gain?

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
How about handing the country over to the people who own it? FREE of tyranny and oppression. So they can, for the first time in a LONG time, determine their OWN destiny by majority rule.

Fairly OBVIOUS to me...

P...
m...

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

What victories are left for us in Iraq?

We have defeated Saddam along with virtually all his cronies, and the WMD was all a big lie.

What is left to gain?

We still have to overwhelm rouge Iraqi resistance; terrorists in this region. It will take time. In order for total victory, Iraq needs to be secure.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
We still have to overwhelm rouge Iraqi resistance; terrorists in this region. It will take time. In order for total victory, Iraq needs to be secure.

The people attacking our troops are not terrorists. I do not like what they are doing, nor do I support what they are doing, but I am not so ignorant to understand what I myself might do if my nation were invaded, and occupied.

The resistance will end when we leave. We cannot find more terrorists than we create.

There is nothing left to gain. It is past time for a vote. A legitimate government should be established, followed by a quick withdraw.

And maybe an appology.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

The people attacking our troops are not terrorists. I do not like what they are doing, nor do I support what they are doing, but I am not so ignorant to understand what I myself might do if my nation were invaded, and occupied.

The resistance will end when we leave. We cannot find more terrorists than we create.

There is nothing left to gain. It is past time for a vote. A legitimate government should be established, followed by a quick withdraw.

And maybe an appology.

I agree with you ArchAngel, that the fighting will only stop until all forces have left.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
"What victories are left for us in Iraq?

What is left to gain?"

*SLAPS FOREHEAD*

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
How about handing the country over to the people who own it? FREE of tyranny and oppression. So they can, for the first time in a LONG time, determine their OWN destiny by majority rule.

That would be liberation. Those who use liberation as their personal justification for being in Iraq fail to understand that they cannot have liberation as long as we remain.

Liberating the Iraqi people is not complete until we leave. Until then it is an occupation, and no delays are justified.

There is zero reason for us to not have held elections yet.

I agree with you ArchAngel, that the fighting will only stop until all forces have left.

Glad to know that I am not the only one who understands this.

tz

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I feel for our troops that are dieing each day to ensure world peace, but what about the innocent 3000+ Iraqi civilians who have died since the war began.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The Iraqi death toll is much higher here:

www.iraqbodycount.net...

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Yes, the good ole' "Iraqi Body Count".....

Please, please, tell or name for anyone here a war or conflict that has not claimed numerous to unspecified amounts of "innocent" civilian lives....please.
Because, if you can't, the "Iraqi Body Count" is tragic, but moot/pointless.....it amounts to nothing but a anti-war propaganda tool.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 17-1-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Please, please, tell or name for anyone here a war or conflict that has not claimed numerous to unspecified amounts of "innocent" civilian lives....please.

Please name a war that was started with less justification. Those people are dead because of lies and half-truths told by Bush, and the media.

That people die in war does not excuse their deaths. This war was all avoidable.

I believe we owe Iraq an apology.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I feel sorry for both side. Iraqis and USA soldiers

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well, I'll be...Looks like the death toll is trying to match that of Chicago's anual murder toll...But then, Chicago's not a war zone...

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Well, I'll be...Looks like the death toll is trying to match that of Chicago's anual murder toll...But then, Chicago's not a war zone...

Or Oakland. I actually live over the hills from Oakland. But I doubt anyone cares

[Edited on 17-1-2004 by TheCatalyst]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
hmmm 500 deaths to our 140,000+ plus troops in iraq.

that is great statistics

unfortunate for the 500 but the media influence people like this is sooooooooooooooo bad

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I think I know what you were saying...Were you saying "Unfortunate for the 500 but the media influences people. This SUCKS sooooooooooo bad!"?

Originally posted by oONemesisOo
hmmm 500 deaths to our 140,000+ plus troops in iraq.

that is great statistics

unfortunate for the 500 but the media influence people like this is sooooooooooooooo bad

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
hmmm i typed too fast hehe.

i mean to say that the media jumps on a story that involves an american casualty. Since the public is sooooo easily influenced by the media. they think of it omg 1 guy died. send them back home.

meanwhile in this case there are 500 out of 140,000 people.

Our military is doing the job and doing it well.

im glad that i enlisted in the armed forces, to do my part at least

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I doubt the fighting will stop when US troops leave.US troops will stop dying that's all.

500 is alot.I didn't think it was half that.Maybe I'm not paying attention or maybe these deaths are being under reported.

When you start getting into those kind of figures you start to forget they are individuals.500 leaves alot of widows and fatherless children.

How many of those were after Bush declared peace?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join