It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Grail found, used wrong way by Popes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hello people, tonight in a documentary I saw the Holy Grail.
Ha!, you say, we heard that one before.

SPOILER WARNING!

Anyone making it his life's task seeking the Holy Grail,
or seeking the Philospher's Stone should stop reading now!

Recently an overlooked inscription on the base of the "Holy Grail of Valencia" has been found: they are arabic letters, which have been translated as "Lapis Exilis".

That means that the simple stone base cup of the vessel is the Philosopher's stone, or Holy Grail. I could now write a book about this Earth shattering discovery, but I'm too busy otherwise.

The age and provenance of the stone vessel has the right credentials.
The Holy Grail is not recognized by the Vatican as having mystical powers, although the first popes celebrated mass with it.

What is interesting, is that the base of the vessel is identified as being the vessel of the last supper, bearing the Arabic inscription. The simple stone vessel can be traced to the year 250, when it was given to the church. The vessel is identified as coming from between 50 BC to 50 AD.

This image I have rotated, so that the real "Holy Grail" is on the top. You must imagine this without the gold-encrusted embellishments. Carpenters had no money for them.

The church then incorporated the "Grail" into the chalice of Valencia, and the popes sipped their wine from the wrong end. It is like (unwittingly) turning a cross upside down and kissing it.

Therefore: here are a few links (I have not found a picture of the difficult to find and decipher Arabic lettering, which are the clincher in this story:

Rosslyn Templars Org.

Wolfram von Eschenbach, The stone from the stars

The Holy Grail in the Cathedral of Valencia

All other claims worldwide have been dispelled so far, with the exception of this one. And, for the Indiana Jones fans - it's not meant to be wooden, it's meant to be made of stone.

Spanish academic revives speculation about authenticity of the Holy Grail

Even more peculiar things get when we know that the Holy Cup ('Santo Cáliz') from the cathedral of Valencia has an Arabic inscription that is read as 'alabsit sillîs' which comes close to our 'lapsit exillis'."

edit for a commata

[edit on 26-8-2007 by osaitax]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Matt 21:42-43 Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures: `The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone. This was the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes'? "Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Nice post

It's a good relic to have been found, but I really fail to see any significance other than..."Hey, that's cool".

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Yes, iceofspades, I think it's cool.

It appears only the agnostics and people that left the church have any interest in the Holy Grail...

Possibly the "believers" are caught up too much in their particular beliefs, to make any comments.

Believing in something unreal excludes the believing in reality, which makes them blind.

The myth is always more exciting than the reality.
But the reality can also be mythterious.

For example, drinking from the Holy Grail is supposed to give eternal life.
As mentioned, the Popes have supped from it their wine, the most recent occurence was in the 1960's.

If the base is the actual grail, then it would take a lot of persuasion to have the custodians turn the cup around, and fill it with wine to drink from it.

Nobody in recent history, like the last 2000 years, has managed to do that.

Wouldn't that make a nice story.

edit for stuff

[edit on 27-8-2007 by osaitax]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I know that in the In the"Indiana Jones"movie""Quest for the holy grail"drinking from the grail was to give eternal life.BUT ive not heard this was an actual legend.And if so Someone must have tried it.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Only problem i have with the links you provided was that they have some bias in presenting this view.
But it does seem after some further digging that most scholars agree that the Holy Chalice residing in the Saint Mary of Valencia Cathedral has the best credentials.
Has it had further testing since 1960 as to its age for verification. If not we are relying on a nearly 50year old inspection.

Holy Chalice

After an inspection in 1960, the Spanish archaeologist Antonio Beltrán asserted that the cup was produced in a Palestinian or Egyptian workshop between the 4th century BC and the 1st century AD. The surface has not been dated by microscopic scanning to assess recrystallization.

I thought that the comparison of the Grail legend to the Celtic myth of the Cauldron of Dagda made a lot of sense when i read it a few years ago (writing this from memory so i think thats correct, i'll try to find some links).
Most of the grail legends seem to appear after about the 7th century AD which is why i personally think it is just that, a legend and not an actual artifact.

Nice post though.

mojo.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Its a good story, and seems quite plausible.

IMO, I don't think there would be any way to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is the actual 'Holy Grail'. To have the exact cup that Jesus drank from during the last supper, is impossible to prove.

Incedently, how does the 'Philosophers Stone' play into this?

Was that just for similarity sake or do you believe that the Grail and the Stone are one in the same??

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Grailkeeper asks about the connection between the Holy Grail and the Philosophers Stone.

Both are the same, as the Holy Grail is said to have the words "Lapis Exilis" ie. Philosophers Stone inscribed on it.

The inscription on the "Holy Cup" of Valencia has been there for thousands of years, but was supposedly only discovered a few years ago.

In the age of the Internet we can now immediately read the inscription, instead of going on a long pilgrimage, as in the age of horse and cart.

It's a spoiled sport, seeking grails.

I suppose I will have to check the facts myself, sometime.

I'm now seeking a wife, which appears as hard as finding the Holy Grail, though it is more sociable.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It seems like God really does have a sense of humor.. They've had it all these years and been drinking out of the wrong end.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
i dont dispute what it says on the bottom, and that may be the grail, but im pretty sure i've read that the philosophers stone isn't actually a stone in this sense or more correctly form

[edit on 28/11/07 by Randomdam]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
one question comes to mind. why would the inscription be in arabic? wouldnt it be in aramaic or latin or something?

honestly, i dont know enough about the history of arabic, where it was common and when. a quick wiki check does me little good, so i thought id put the question out there.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by osaitax

The Philosophers Stone is a material or something to that effect, that causes the transmutation of common metal to gold. If you have some philosophers stone you can use it to trigger the transmutation.

This is alchemy, not religion (unless you wish to mix the two, which would also be appropriate given that Christianity became what it is today by making concessions to the traditions of the pagan cultures, including sorcery, or alchemy....the magic of the ancient world).

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
id go on and explain what I think the holy grail really is, and I'm still convinced of it... but unfortunately, it is a topic that is not allowed to be discussed on this site

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by osaitax

The Philosophers Stone is a material or something to that effect, that causes the transmutation of common metal to gold.

I have read that the alchemists' concept of "lead to gold" was never intended to be taken literally. That it was a metaphor for using 'sorcery' to get rich and powerful. I can't remember where I read it but it was suggesting that all along it was some kind of formula for a fiat economy - money from nothing, and that this was perfected and set in motion with the institution of the Federal Reserve. It went on to talk about the whole thing being based on the American dollar, and how every single one dollar bill is actually a worthless talisman, giving the bearer or receiver the 'illusion' that he has "money".

Sorry to go off-topic but it's not too many degrees removed, depending on how tedious you want to be.

Hey Scientist, you wanna pass that "grail" this way?

WHAT? we're just having communion with the Lord!

[edit on 11/28/2007 by Teratoma]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
id go on and explain what I think the holy grail really is, and I'm still convinced of it... but unfortunately, it is a topic that is not allowed to be discussed on this site

what subject/topic isn't allowed on this site? i need to know if something near this topic isn't allowed, i cant imagine what you mean right now, please explain.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Randomdam

Originally posted by scientist

what subject/topic isn't allowed on this site? i need to know if something near this topic isn't allowed, i cant imagine what you mean right now, please explain.

PM sent.

The subject not allowed is anything regarding psychoactive substances, psychedelics or any other type of controlled substance that isn't approved by the FDA and DEA (despite the conspiratorial nature of ATS). It is a shame, since so many conspiracy involve such things. Even bigger shame, because it would have been a good contribution to this topic, in my humble opinion.

top topics

join