It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my wife is gone for 5 days/4 nights......it sucks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

you'd think i would be exctited that my wife is gone but i hate it. i'm so bored. we have been together for 5 years, married 4 and we've never been apart but for 1 night.
she is in kentucky with her parents visiting family...
i am sitting here watching the clock.

i really miss her....everything feels different.
not used to her not being here.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Boondock,Why didn't you go with her? Or just not into the inlaws....
Thank god for ATS.At least you have all this to help alleviate some of the boredom and loneliness.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
C'mon BD, a little absence is good for the relationship.

Buck up, man, I'd be willing to bet there are things she doesn't like you doing when she's around, like maybe eating dinner stark naked and belching loudly without "excuse me's" at the dinner table.

Do all the man stuff that a wife tends to curb and enjoy yourself while she's gone. Then, when she's about to arrive home, have some romantic girly thing ready for her to show her how much you missed her, like some rose petals strewn from the front door as a path to a bubble bath surrounded by candles or some other romantic stuff that I wouldn't have an inkling feels like to receive.

Sublimate that bored and lonely energy into an exciting man project. The time will pass quicker.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
access, multiple reasons...not really into the family thing...it's a hard trip on my back and i didn't want to board my dog.....

major, i don't really do anything.....i'm just used to not doing it with her is all.
i watched a couple movies last night....

i could have gone but it is all her aunts/uncles that she hardly knows...plus, her and her mother was going to go visit her grandmothers grave....
i'm just not into all that and i wanted her to do this with her family...
her and her parents used to go to kentucky together every year but they have not been together in 12 years.....
even though i was invited, i didn't want to be a third wheel.

i'm going to go get a tattoo tomorrow...thats always nice

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Boondock you gotta be the only guy I know that would see a tattoo as theraputic.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Actually I can understand why someone would describe it as being therapeutic.

I have only one tat that I got however many years ago, but it was nice. I don't think anyone really took me seriously when I said it was actually a kind of relaxing experience, but it was in a way.

You know how getting a haircut and having someone messing with your head is kind of relaxing? Getting a tat is kind of like that, just add in a little sting here and there.

Edit: Hang in there OP!

[edit on 25-8-2007 by fweshcawfee]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by fweshcawfee

Here Iam worried about the pain of getting one and you guys are creeping me out.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'm not married but it does get borin' when ya not with the person ya love for a period of time, when my girl goes places without me I tend to miss her even if it's not for along time, it gets more worse when school comes around since we don't get to see each other more frequently which gets me alittle sad and just wantin' to see her face and hear her voice, so I feel for ya not bein' able to be around ya woman for a while tends to make ya bored, that's why I found ATS , which led to me meetin' great friends and bein' able to chat when ya by yourself, see ya !!

[edit on 25-8-2007 by steve-o]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The pain of getting a tat is seriously over rated, believe me. I'm a complete self-confessed, total wimp when it comes to pain and I'm telling you straight, a tat is not a big deal.

Some areas of the body are more sensitive than others, still though if you go in to get a tat and are expecting it to be a painful, miserable experience... you'll be disappointed.

Aside from that, my advice is don't get one at all unless you're hardcore dead set on having it. Tats aren't for everybody and what may seem like a powerful personal statement now, may be a "wtf did I get this thing for" later down the road.

Edit: Give it a lotttttttttt of thought first, then think on it some more. haha

[edit on 25-8-2007 by fweshcawfee]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by fweshcawfee

Thanks.But we are getting slightly off topic here.I know Boondock is an ink junkie and this will probably be theraputic for him. Just don't get anything that's going to tick the wife off!!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Perfect time to get the boy's around for a card night, it's what i do every time my better half goes away. Getting more ink done sounds like a good plan too.

Here's what i would be doing.
:w: :bnghd:
:w:
:w:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Mojo you are a bad bad monkey.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Bad monkey's are Good.

After 20 years we both need to "get away" from each other occasionally, the secret to a good relationship imo.

As long as i dont lose the house or the kids in a hand of poker i'm OK.

[edit on 25/8/07 by mojo4sale]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mojo4sale

Watch what you bet there Mojo.HAHA funny!

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This is a great time to shut off the tv and get all those things done that you need too. Whatever needs to be fixed, organized, cleaned, etc.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Boondock you gotta be the only guy I know that would see a tattoo as theraputic.

part of the reason i have so many....i get in these moods and when i do, getting a tattoo is the only thing that makes me feel better.
it hurts but it feels good.

i don't know how to explain it

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
access, yeah, i am an ink junkie.....i no longer need to worry about the "do i want this forever"....

mojo, i don't have any friends....no egaggeration(sp) either....literally NO friends.
my wife is my best friend and the lady that does my ink is kinda, sorta my friend but we only hang at the shop.
so, there is nobody to call even if i wanted too.

i did paint the door handles on my wifes car. gave the dog a bath.
didn't do too much of anything else.

played some guitar and drew some stencils...

my wife and i talked for like 2 hours last night.....she is bored too.
she is looking forward to coming home...

as far as not getting anything that will make her made.....i'm tryng very hard...

she does not want me to get the inside of my bottom lip done but i think i can get away with it now....i was thinking about getting the date we got married tattooed onto the inside of the bottom lip...

watched a couple good movies...took some naps....just watching the time pass

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Buddy that makes 2 of us.NO friends except ATS/BTS.And that is how I like it.No one around my area I would want to talk to.I think it is so sweet that you guys are so much in love.As for the tattoo on the inside of your lip...Damn buddy...if the knucks hurt....that is torturous.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

No I get it. Sometimes there is pleasure in Pain.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
My husband went away for two weeks once and I am trying to remember what I did. I think a lot of video games. trips to the pool

We also had long phone conversations. For some reason, it connected us. I guess we were nervous being separated by 2500 miles.

Though I remember it being a relaxing and lazy time. And I didn't have to do as much housework.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join