It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting and Chase

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
One summer evening a few yrs. ago my grown daughter and I were walking from my house to visit my parents next door. As we stepped off the porch we saw what we first thought was a blimp. After a few seconds we realized it was no blimp. It was hovering directly directly over my parents house and very close to the roof. It was metalic and had flashing lights and a slight humming sound. I was raised 10 mile from Glynco Navy base where blimps were kept in giant hangers so i was absolutely sure it was not a blimp. I screamed, grabbed my daughters hand and ran as fast as I could back to my porch. Looking back we saw the craft take off at an angle at a speed that seemed impossible. I ran in the house, grabbed the grandchildren and car keys and took off in the direction we had seen the craft go. I called my parents and they said it must have been a blimp. They had not seen or heard anything. We proceeded in a south westerly direction and drove down state road 303 where we saw 2 Ga. State Patrol cars stopped on the side of the highway with the officers standing by their cars looking upward. We stopped also and watched as the craft stood totally still for several minutes then take off out of site. I waited for a while after we got home and called the county police. The dispatcher assured me if was not a UFO but she didn't know exactly what it was. And yes she had had other calls. Some time later my daughter was ssitting on her back porch one evening and saw , what she described to me, to be a gray. He/She was standing behind a tree peeking out at my daughter. She lives next door to my parents home and ran quickly past their house to mine.We live in a heavily wooded area and have no other neighbors except my parents and brother.
The night we saw the UFO I felt a fear that I had never experienced.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
More.

More more more.

I'm gonna tell you right now, there are people here that will grill you and interogate you and doubt every letter that you type...unless you have more.

More info on Location.
More detail to the story.
Did you talk to the two State Troopers?
Do you own a camera?

You have to bring more than that which you bring.
Don't freak out when all this and more is asked of you.

This is going to be hard. Be prepared. At this point in time, there are people who will scream hoax, bunk and B.S. Just bring more. If you are bringing this here for us to help you with, PLEASE say so.

To the rest of my fellow members: This post is a statement. A description of a supposed encounter. There are no questions asking for help. It's either a telling or a re-telling. A telling screams fiction, a re-telling says it MAY of happened. We don't know which without more.

Post with a modicum of class and dignity, please?

Good luck poster.
Cuhail

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Please Keep This In Mind When Responding To This Thread

When someone comes to ATS with an experience or a "story" to tell they WILL RECEIVE THE COURTESY AND THE ABILITY TO SHARE THEIR EXPERIENCE WITHOUT BEING ACCUSED OF HOAXING, CALLED A LIAR, RUDELY INTERROGATED, BADGERED OR ILL TREATED IN ANY WAY. -Springer 8-22-07

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
that's a crazy story as Cuhail said what exactly is your location besides a heavily wooded area

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by coryblood

Their mini-profile indicates S.E. and Georgia swamps. I'd have to assume Georgia. Somewhere near State Route 303.

The poster said the county dispatcher recieved other calls, so there HAS to be MUFON reports or something. There are quite a few clues in the post.
The two Troopers that were there. That's a clue.

I dunno. We do need more.
Cuhail

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Originally posted by dizziedame

The night we saw the UFO I felt a fear that I had never experienced.

And yet :

I ran in the house, grabbed the grandchildren and car keys and took off in the direction we had seen the craft go.

Not only did you chase it, while experiencing
unequiviocal fear, you brought your grand-
children ?

Sorry, doesn't add up in my book.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I have a strange feeling of having read the beginning of this text somewhere.

Did you posted a part of it before, in a different thread, or am I just confusing things?

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

It was hovering directly directly over my parents house and very close to the roof.

Sounds like you got an exceptionally close look at it, please describe it more thoroughly in as much detail as you can.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I have a strange feeling of having read the beginning of this text somewhere.

Did you posted a part of it before, in a different thread, or am I just confusing things?

Yes, here :
www.abovetopsecret.com...
The story is interesting. (Its good that there are no photos
)
I wish the other witnesses also join the discussion, especially the cops.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

drove down state road 303 where we saw 2 Ga. State Patrol cars stopped on the side of the highway

and...

en.wikipedia.org...

She (?) does appear to be in Georgia.

RR

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
ATS members thank you for your kindness. I did expect much worse. I told noone about this sighting untill I joined ATS. As for location I did not want to pinpoint where I live. I am in Brunswick, Ga which is within 60 miles of Kings Bay Nuclear Submarine base, 40 miles from Ft. Stewart Army base. There are 5 Airforce bases south of me in Florida. They are Elgin, Hurlburt, Macdill. Patrick and Tyndall . There are also 6 Navy bases due south of my home. They are Jacksonville NAS, Key West NAS, Panama City Surface Warfare Center, Pensacola NAS, and Whitting Field NAS. Less than 10 mile from me is the Glynco Federal Law Enforcement Training Center and Homeland Security. Glynco FLETC is the largest training center and largest law enforcement training in the United States. There are 2 more FLETC's in the US. Artesia FLETC located near Roswell, New Mexico and and another located in South Carolina.

The Glynco FLETC was at one time Glynco NAS which has the longest runway in the US. It was also home to two blimps used during WW2.

My home is located on a 182 acre family owned compound with approx. 72 acres being marshland.

Yes Armap you did read this as I replyed to Texas Longhorns thread concerning his sons encounter with a UFO and an Alien. I received a C2C from ATS member pieman suggesting I tell my story in a thread.

Lexion I grabbed my grandchildren and took them with my daughter and I as we were capable of protecting them as we both carry concealed weapons and definately are proficent in their use. I would never leave small children alone in times of danger or no danger.

Yes the fear was mighty within me. Fear of the unknown drives me to find answers. I thrive on adventure and hope I have instilled that spirit into my children and their children. And.........I said I was afraid....I did not say I was a coward.

No we did not talk with the State Troopers as they left ahead of us and also I have learned to not to question law enforcement officers in south Georgia.

I did not relate this story to my brother who also lives on the compound as he would have laughed in my face as would most others I might tell.

I cannot prove what I saw. If anyone has a creditable explaination of what I saw please help.

I have seen many air shows and other military actions including many visits to see the blimps when they were located at Glynco NAS. I have no reason to seek attention as I get more that I want as it is. Nor am I a liar or am I prone to hysterics. I am a seeker of knowledge and despise ignorance.

It's breakfast time....see ya'll later.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Uhmm... dizziedame did you see my comment and what I asked?

Or maybe "no comment" is your comment haha.

Cheers .

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
At the risk of starting another thing for folks to argue about, can you draw/make a picture of what you saw? Others may have seen something similar and bring up points which may jog your memory.
RR

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
There are two sightings previously listed in Brunswick on NUFOC. They are more recent then your story but it may help to know you are not the only one in the area that has witnessed such events:

11/5/05 05:25 Brunswick GA Cylinder 5 Minutes Cylinder shape in the sky. It continued to change shape

2/11/05 06:28 Brunswick GA Sphere 25sec Sphere/oval lighted object traveling slow making no sound to the south no lights on object.

Source: NUFOC Georgia

If you don't mind, can you provide at least the month and year of your sighting? MUFON only returns a maxium of 50 hits so more information would help in searching that database. They tend to have more details at MUFON. There may be other witness's to your sighting who have come forward.

Cheers,

Leibolmai

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Leibolmai

The craft was cylindrical with rounded ends. It was a dull light gray in color with lights around the middle to bottom of the cylinder. It was approx. 60 feet long. It is strange to me that neither my daughter nor I ever spoke of the sighting again untill a few days ago when my memory of that night seemed to unfold as I was reading the Thread by Texas-Longhorn about his son's sighting. I have no memory of the month or year but know it was before October 2002 as my mom was still alive at that time. It also seems odd that my parents noticed nothing strange. Mom was doing a crossword puzzle and Dad was reading. Neither seemed to be at all interested in my account of the sighting. They were normally attentive to my every word but not this night. I remember feeling a speedy exit was in order. They never spoke of the incident again. It was like the memory vanished that night only to return a few days ago.

new topics

top topics

join