It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Teresa was an Atheist?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Sun, judging by about 99.99999999999999999% of your posts, you have absolutely no room to speak about anyone being "lost." Remove the log from your eye before you try to remove the splinter from mine. That, my "friend," I guarante you is in the bible. Look it up sometime and apply it to yourself. Thank ya.

[edit on 26-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

How can the blind man see?

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
In response to the actual topic title, I think the OP knew very well that questioning your beliefs and being an athiest are 2 entirely different things. I think the title was simple made to get people's attention & to get views, so I will not address whether or not I think she's an athiest, because I know most of you do know what it is, including the topic starter.

As for Mother Teresa...if what I'm learning about her is true...SHE SUCKS!

And I disagree with the statement that a man...or woman in this case, should be judged by his or her actions. I do not believe this, I believe someone's true character is defined by why they do what they do...not by what they do!

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Well if Mother Teresa did what she did out of her own heart and soul why does she 'SUCK' ?
Dont get me wrong Im not defending nobody. I dont know enough about her.. all I know is loads of crap comes to light when people die and they are no longer here to defend themselves and all we ever have is here'say.. He said she said bla said. (yawn) zzzz......

[edit on 29-8-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I cannot view the video which appears to be shocking some of the posters. If it is that horrible it must be filled with lies and errors about Mother Theresa of Calcutta. The reason that I cannot view the video is that my internet service is dial up. I guess now I am glad that I do not have to watch it.

If anyone does care about seeing the truth about Mother, please check out her biography on the following site.

Mother's biography

It does address her dryness and the dark night of her soul. But, you will see how it led her more completely to God from the following quotation.

The “painful night” of her soul, which began around the time she started her work for the poor and continued to the end of her life, led Mother Teresa to an ever more profound union with God. Through the darkness she mystically participated in the thirst of Jesus, in His painful and burning longing for love, and she shared in the interior desolation of the poor.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
One thing that people forget is that she was human.

humans make errors!

And who am I to judge her? Im an in no way close to the way she did help people hidden agenda or not.

What about bankers or loan sharks? they help you get a house or loan in time of need don't they? But nothing comes free in fact it is because of their high interest rates and ATM fees that they become rich from one morning to the next.

And to the people who get offended about a question remember it is just a question not an statement.

Her last wish was for the letters to be destroyed so my next questions are:

Why did they not respect the last wish of a dying women?
For what reason?
Why reveal the contents of the letters?
Is this whole article true or not?

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Here is the basic problem, why Mother Teresa never felt close to God or a true sense of peace. The Bible says this,

1 Tim 4

16Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

She was stuck in a catholic church that teaches justification (salvation ) through works, rather than trusting christ's work on the cross. Works are for sanctification not salvation.

Christians were created to do good works, but no good work can save you.
Eph. 2.

8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Unfortunately catholic doctrine lays a burden upon the sinner to do many works to obtain salvation. Even worse it is burdened with idolatry and witchcraft in the form of Mary worship, saint veneration and statue worship.

Poor Mother Theresa sought fellowship with God but could not find it because of her doctrine. Her sins were not forgiven if she did not trust Jesus for forgiveness instead of her works, thus her sin separated her from God. With salvation in Jesus, comes the comforter, God's Holy spirit. It's just a terrible shame, and even worse that many continue to follow in this error.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
cancelled post.. back soon..

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I wish more pious people at times reconsidered their faith. I really don't see the point in this story, if I were so inclined I might think this was Catholic bashing.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
omg..

Did I really say that, 'out of the goodness of her heart'.

I hadnt watched the video I take that back. I never knew any of it.. tho I do need to see more video.

People had to suffer so SHE got enlightenment? They have to suffer to 'identify' with Christ? Why didnt she just go nail them to a cross! or 'hang them on a christ'mass tree' and get it over with.

As for the reasons why they didn't respect her dying wish to burn the letters..

I think its simple. They are manipulating the masses because they are dismantling mainstream religion and they will upgrade and 'new age it'.. AGAIN.

( Catholic/ism - cat-''holistic''... look at the word games they play )

Whether stories are 100 percent true certainly shouldn't matter too much to you guys who already know full well whats what with religion - Whatever side of the fence you are on.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
the video was unfair, and many people here, predictably, are taking it as the final word.

the catholic guy is the one who said "she wanted people to suffer so she" could find "enlightenment". well, he and the fatter one of Penn and Teller.

yet everyone has taken that as fact. has M. Theresa, in her life, said this? was it in her diary? shes not here to refute it or to affirm it.

also-- all the money going to nunneries-- sorry. chances are, it was the Vatican City that decided where all those bill went. M. Theresa is a woman - i believe women arent given a lot of "sway" in the hallowed halls of the Vatican.

i might be wrong, though. but just maybe im right-- and if MT COULD have had control of all those millions, then maybe the poor at her flagship place in India might have had better beds, better plumbing, etc.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Mother Teresa is not a saint. She did a lot more harm then good for those poor people she claimed to help. Not to mention her strange and quite dangerous views on abortion, poverty and AIDS.

Let me just type out some of her words just for you.

"Abortion is the greatest enemy to peace."
Poverty: "It is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot. The world is much helped by the suffering of poor people."
AIDS: "The retribution for "improper sexual misconduct."

Source: The Missionary Position

Yeah...I'm actually not surprised that she had doubts about God. Through her suffering (not to mention a LOT of other people's suffering as well) she didn't get any closer to her God or the answers she was after.

Note: I'm not dragging her name through the mud. I just don't see the relevence on her doubts. Book deal perhaps?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I like this topic alot. I'm not pointing fingers at Mother Theresa. Honestly, I don't really give two hoots what she did or what she stood, or appeared to stood for. If she was as true as most people believe, then great...if some of the other truths about her are true...then...well...I hope people learnt hat people are simply people. I don't know what she did, I don't know how she did, whether good or bad...I only have accounts of what poeple claim she did, some good, some bad.

If any of the said things about her are true(the negative things I mean), we should really dig deeper into who we put on a pedestal in the future...
like they say...most powerful people only allow you to know what they wish you to know. History doesn't write itself...the powerful write history!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
that doesn't even make sense.....she loved God til the end either way she was human and was aging.....she had a sense that God was real....and she loved God period my friends regardless of what she may have said because she is a women of faith and all would prefer her to be the anti darwin....he truly did realize his errors but she til the end believed and loved God

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Theresa was Iconic in her selflessness

That she, despite the claim that perhaps she lost touch with God toward the end of her life, Continued on because it was the right thing to do.

She was everyones friend and her love showed it

Let us not belittle her for we all suffer moments of doubt...

Even Christ had a moment

How would the hole world be if everyone was like Mother Theresa?

Something to ponder...

Peace

[edit on 31-8-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
deleted post Im not watching this one anymore.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by Sekhemet]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join