It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Wiltshire Article -- Crop circle creation on film

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Here's the link to the news article...

www.bbc.co.uk... 2007/08/14/wilts_crop_circles_2007_feature.shtml

... which would be more interesting if there was some real time-lapse footage.

[edit on 8/24/2007 by uv777bk]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
OK... since I can't get the link to work here's the text...

Crop circle creation on film
It's 23 acres big and according to UFO hunters took less then 2 hours to form plus it's all on film...

As early as the middle of April, this year, crop circles have been cropping up (or crops down) all over Wiltshire.

[Mod Edit - removed large quote]

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24-8-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
any other links/... this one is dead

Forbidden.
Sorry, the server is not able to provide the page you requested at this time:
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Bummer, I can't get the link to work. It comes up as 403 forbidden??
On a side note my husband wants to kidnap the guitar in your avatar...

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthchild
Bummer, I can't get the link to work. It comes up as 403 forbidden??
On a side note my husband wants to kidnap the guitar in your avatar...

It's mind and he can't have it! Yes I own one and I'm getting a JEM7VWH on Monday, too

Try using the link below...

www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/content/articles/2007/08/14/wilts_crop_circles_2007_feature.shtml

with http:// at the begining.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
External link
This should work
Ther's an odd gif there...

Nice find, IMHO...

Video

Edit: added a link to a "maybe" related video with some pics.

[edit on 24/8/2007 by internos]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Nice find, i thought it was gonna be that one that was debunked ages ago as a hoax, but its not.
Shame the video is so poor.

I wonder if it was ET, did they know they were being filmed?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
WOW thats sensational!
Both the crop circle AND the guitar!! (my husband said especially the guitar)
They are probably keeping all the film footage for a documentary money making type thingy if they really do have the whole thing on film.
Seems that little tidbit is just a teaser.
Can't wait to hear more.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Looks like the circle was already there before the flash. (which looks not very different than common lightening)

Thanks for the link anyway... I was hoping for something cool since the day this event occurred.

Here is the old thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 24/8/2007 by rocksolidbrain]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
They are created via satellite by the government. They are having a blast while they are at it too. They are showing off the extreme control of their laser, and the pin point accuracy. It's scary if you ask me, because they could pin point people with this laser.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
Here is the old thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hmm...the video never worked for me but I did catch this link above. Is this the same crop circle in the video?

I believe the one in the link is the same one I saw a thread on here that stated that the shapes (Om) indicated that the end of the world was August 18th.

I don't know really what to make of them but if they are extra terrestrial in origin an contain an important message then all can say is I hope eventually they get to the bloody point.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11 11
They are created via satellite by the government. They are having a blast while they are at it too. They are showing off the extreme control of their laser, and the pin point accuracy. It's scary if you ask me, because they could pin point people with this laser.

I could see that happening but are crop circles real old in origin or just a new thing?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
Hmm...the video never worked for me but I did catch this link above. Is this the same crop circle in the video?

IMHO, you're right, it is.

Originally posted by lee anoma
I believe the one in the link is the same one I saw a thread on here that stated that the shapes (Om) indicated that the end of the world was August 18th.

No idea, but THIS indicated a possible earthquake for August 18 and has been reported on reported on August 12

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The plow lines are a good indicator. Watch for them as the time lapse photos cycle by. The plow lines appear along with the the crop circles. It looks as if the crop circles could have already been there, just like the plow lines and appear as the contrast and lighting improve from frame to frame. The circles were already there.

Could be wrong, but that is what my first impression is.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
sorry i can't add anthing to this but the like said that the video was forbidden

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The link seems to be working.
HERE it is.

A couple of things struck me about the article. First, the banner paragraph;

It's 23 acres big and according to UFO hunters took less then 2 hours to form plus it's all on film...

Then, later in the article, it states:

"This is the most spectacular formation to have occurred in Wiltshire for many years. It's flattened area is over 95,000 sq ft or roughly 2,25 acres.

(emphasis added)

As for the "video" on the site, a one frame per minute grainy animated gif can't really tell us much.

"But what is most remarkable is that it is absolutely known to have been formed within 1 hour 45 minutes and that it was filmed forming by five separate cameras (including infra red CCTV) and in the presence of three witnesses which is unprecedented.

Seeing any of that unedited footage would be a start. I mean, any one of the FIVE cameras would be good, especially the infra red. What are the chances of seeing those? Anybody?

It strikes me as more of a tourism piece, as it's on a page for that region, on the BBC website. Is it for the regional tourist bucks?

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Seeing any of that unedited footage would be a start. I mean, any one of the FIVE cameras would be good, especially the infra red. What are the chances of seeing those? Anybody?

It strikes me as more of a tourism piece, as it's on a page for that region, on the BBC website. Is it for the regional tourist bucks?

I also would like to see the other videos.

As for the torism thing, it could be, but I don't see how anything from earth could create something so perfect, these crop circles are flawless as far as I can see.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
i don't see any thing in the " video" it's too dark

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by coryblood

The gif is composed of seven frames.
I splitted it in still images, hoping that it will be helpful.

Original
Link 1

Brightened
Link 2

IMHO, maybe something happens between frames #3 and #4, but, honestly, i could be wrong.

[edit on 25/8/2007 by internos]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I can't tell if the crop circle is being made or already has been in the movie, could the hunters have made it?

is there better footage out there?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join