It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fascinating ‘Sounds’ From Space!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Fascinating sounds

I remember watching a show that mentioned how the sounds we hear out there are left over from the big bang.

The experiments provide the most detailed images to date of the universe when it was only about 300,000 years old, says Turner. Before that, the universe was so hot that atoms and electrons were separate. Matter and photons were tightly coupled because the photons, relentlessly bouncing back and forth between electrons, couldn't travel freely.

It's in this bizarre environment that the cosmos' primal sounds were generated and left their imprints on the matter-bound photons. Whenever gravity caused matter to compress, the pressure exerted by the trapped photons offered resistance. The tug-of-war between gravity and radiation pressure generated acoustic oscillations, which are regions of higher and lower pressure that have the same form as sound waves. Inflation theory predicts that these sound waves would be generated at a variety of wavelengths.

Source

[edit on 24-8-2007 by quintar]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
i just registered minutes ago-- and wanted the name "Tiny". that username is too few characters, hence "Tynee". this adjective is excactly how i feel when i read the fascinating topics of discussion on this board.

especially the one about the "nothingness" and the Big Bounce theory. holy cow.

id only echo what other people have said-- these sounds are scary, but so pacifying.

this stuff makes me feel ALIVE.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I am completely in love with the sounds from space. My particular fav is Saturn's sounds while Jupiter is my actual favorite planet.

I find it sounds lonely as if it's singing to itself for company but also hypnotically beautiful.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
it sounds like stuff that Sonic Boom (ex member from the 80's / 90's band Spacemen 3) has been making for he past decade+. he has a band called EAR (experimental audio research) where he uses moogs and delays (like a roland space echo or echoplex).

if you like those sounds. check out E.A.R. and buy it.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
sounds from the solar system:

Space Sounds (check out Ganymede. moon of Jupiter, listen to the whole thing)
www.spacesounds.com...

OMG - that sounds like actual voice transmissions looped. I wonder if it was slowed down what it would produce.

[edit on 24-8-2007 by DDay]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by quintar
Fascinating sounds

I remember watching a show that mentioned how the sounds we hear out there are left over from the big bang.

It's in this bizarre environment that the cosmos' primal sounds were generated. The tug-of-war between gravity and radiation pressure generated acoustic oscillations, which are regions of higher and lower pressure that have the same form as sound waves. Inflation theory predicts that these sound waves would be generated at a variety of wavelengths.

Source

quintar, that's an excellent find!

Sound waves generated by 'inflation' and left over from the Big Bang in a variety of wavelengths! Wow! That's incredible. Seems the universe is ALIVE! It makes one feel small, real small! There's a huge, gigantic, may be an endless, universe out there to explore. How many more surprises does it have in store for us?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Outstanding post! Flagged.

There is something very familiar to me about this.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
"The Sounds Of Space"

Well actualy it isn't sound. It's radiation. We convert it to sound because we can't hear static radiation.

BUT!, if we can convert it to sound, then why can't we convert it to IMAGE?

Like a 3-D map of space? Sounds plausible to me!

Break your heads over that one!!!

-PureET

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This is simply BEAUTIFUL!

This almost feels like there are harmonies and synthetised instruments...

Greatest music to listen to when going to sleep... should make you have celestial dreams!

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Scientists from the Ulysses mission have proven that sounds generated deep inside the Sun cause the Earth to shake and vibrate in sympathy. They have found that Earth’s magnetic field, atmosphere and terrestrial systems, all take part in this cosmic sing-along.

source

On a similar note, what they're talking about here is simply resonance within the EM field, It's strange to think that we would also be taking part in this cosmic song as well, perhaps even at the level of our DNA.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
@squiz

That is interesting.... a space symphony

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Perhaps the Universe itself is alive in a sense, a living membrane spread out over an immense distance... that would explain why all these sounds, frequency fiddled around with or not, sound so harmonious, because the Universe is a massive environment that is in perfect balance...

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
I am completely in love with the sounds from space. My particular fav is Saturn's sounds while Jupiter is my actual favorite planet.

I find it sounds lonely as if it's singing to itself for company but also hypnotically beautiful.

That's exactly how I was thinking too!! It's almost sad at the same time as it's scary and beautiful!!

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
That spacesounds link is INCREDIBLE. I'm listening to the sounds of a black hole right now, it's insane.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
These sound are really cool
. It sounds like alien machinery.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
After listening to those sounds last night, I didn't feel very peaceful, but more afraid and threatened. It was weird to say the least.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It reminded me of the the divine OHM.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Great post. I've been popping around to all the related sites I can find. I never knew this existed. It's mind boggling to me but fascinating.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Really nice, I honestly feel at peace. It´s very interesting to hear what "space" sounds like.

On another note, it also reminds me of "Drone Zone" on the Ambient section on iTunes Radio. (Check it out, if you like this, you´ll like the dronezone station.)

Starred and flagged!

FK

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Yes, Drone Zone beams you into another universe.... do not listen it for to long though

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join