It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Messiah -- His Spaceships

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
A nice roundup of Biblical images and UFOs. I particularly like photo 10 where it looks like they're holding a satellite.

www.ufodigest.com...

Chaz.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Chaz

I just can't help but hear Jackson Browne singing "Lawyers in Love" with the lyrics:

God sends his spaceships to America
the beautiful...

and those provocative lines: "The Russians escaped/while we weren't watching them/like Russians will."

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
hehehe i guess number ten is fake

the people who paited wanted to give out a message in secret. i think back then there was also a ufo cover up!! the message was hiden in the most popular thing back then: religion

[edit on 22-8-2007 by Drzava]

[edit on 22-8-2007 by Drzava]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
its good to know that the catholic church recognizes the et reality

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Drzava

The photo number 10 is not a fake. It's a paint of Ventura Salimbeni in the Chiesa di San Pietro di Montalcino in Toscana, Italy. The painting was made in 1600. This is an unsolved mistery. the four objects in the low part of the painting are: S. Ambrogio (Bishop of Milan), S. Agostino (a theologist), S. Girolamo (with the lion) and S. Grogorio Magno. In the high part there is God, Jesus and the dove (i mean the bird...i think "dove" is the right translation of "colomba" in english...sorry but i'm italian
) that is the symbol of the Saint Spirit. But nobody know what is the round object. The real mistery is that the object it's very similar to the Sputnik Satellite launch in space in the 1957 from Russia.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ImShrike

well thank u, very informative, at first i tough was fake because that really looked like sputnik, now i know is not a modern painting, thx

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
History repeats. They been here a while sure hope the world one day will realize the truth. The big question is what we will learn from them about universe and all. Hopefully it will be in my lifetime :-)

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
this is a quote from the above link

"The Catholic Church is more opened today to the UFO phenomena and the extraterrestrial life only because it is very much aware that the Planet of Gods is heading towards our solar system."

this is a new one "the Planet of Gods is heading towards our solar system", anyone have any photos or video?

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drzava

well thank u, very informative, at first i tough was fake because that really looked like sputnik, now i know is not a modern painting, thx

Now do you see why people shouldn't be soo quick to call something fake?

A rule that can go for any forum. If you read something and you think it's fake, before making any comment about it you should go research it first. If you find any information that backs your belief that it's fake, by all means post a comment on it. Same thing goes for finding information that proves it's not a fake.

I'm not calling you a troll, but when anyone is real quick to call out fake on something that they clearly don't know anything about, they come off as a troll. At least you came back to thank the person for showing proof that it is indeed a real painting showing a mysterious object that looks like Sputnik that was painted hundreds of years ago. Not many people who shout out fake do that. usually they just come back and ignore what's been proven and still shout fake.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   

yes picture #10 looks like some type of metalic device, maybe its a secret u.s. drone? oh wait a minute this painting was made in the year 1600 so that means the u.s. doesnt exist at that time hmm

it looks like the soviets designed the sputnik probe after the likeness of the device in the painting

as for the image of "god and jesus", as far as i know god is an invisable presence therefore no one knows what he looks like, and jesus is of middle east decent so probably has dark features, therefore the painting is the painters opinion of what he thinks god and jesus looks like in his mind

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
What has always puzzled me about these pictures is this. Although most are from the 16th, 17th and 18th Century they depict something which occured +1500 years earlier. Are we then to assume that the UFO objects are from 16th, 17th etc century folklore or are from Biblical times. Surely if i painted a picture of Jesus and added a UFO it should be just as amazing as a picture done in 1700s bearing in mind that both pictures will have been done 1500-2000 years since christ.

I do believe in UFOs but wonder why all these artists decided to depict UFOs in their paintings of a event that happened 1500 years earlier. Either they had more proof than we do today of UFOs being present around the time of Jesus or that there was a huge trend in UFOs in the 16th, 17th, 18th century.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
i think its a little of both, i think mysterious flying objects were happening during their life times as well as biblical times and they included it in their paintings, if anyone actually reads the bible it has a few references to flying clouds and flying wheels and even a prophet gets abducted which is interesting

its interesting to me how you need faith for biblical things and faith for et things, i mean do you see what you see and do you know what you know or not, is it what it is or is it a mirage or a figment of your imagination?

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The "sputnik" is no mystery.

The images that have the OMGWTFITSALIEN!!1! caption are LOW RES and LOW QUALITY.

If you look at a high res version of the original painting, its quite obvious its a depiction of EARTH and the "antennas" are two pens/markers held by the two guys.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
If you look at a high res version of the original painting, its quite obvious its a depiction of EARTH and the "antennas" are two pens/markers held by the two guys.

This shot shows it quite clearly:

It certainly appears to be two people [God and Jesus?] painting the globe.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The whole "ancient astronaut" theory is certainly interesting, and one that continues to fascinate. The paintings under discussion, supplied by chaz in his link, bring to mind an idea; perhaps the artists included certain phenomena that they, and maybe others, were extremely familiar with. Maybe sightings of these "heavenly objects", if that's what they are, were thought to be just that; heavenly.

In ages that that centered around the Church, surely any ariel object that was simply not a bird was deemed to be either a messenger, or a sign from above? How else to explain them when no other viable alternative existed in your world? And what better way to relay these "signs", what must have been viewed as visible, divine personification, to others than in religious imagery?

If these objects had actually been seen by the relevant artists, would they have taken them as a physical connection with God? A heavenly acknowledgement of the worthiness of their work? For those creative souls, to whom Church was a guiding light, there could have been no better justification for their subject matter.

Just an idea...

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
In ages that that centered around the Church, surely any ariel object that was simply not a bird was deemed to be either a messenger, or a sign from above? How else to explain them when no other viable alternative existed in your world? And what better way to relay these "signs", what must have been viewed as visible, divine personification, to others than in religious imagery?

What ages? This still happens today, obviously :/

Its the simple explanation really. It has nothing to do with the church: all it requires is the belief of SOMETHING more powerfull than you. Which probably like 99% of us believe in deep in our hearts, whether it be pagan magic, buddhist mysticism or christian divinity... Or of course, super advanced intelligent beings that's so far beyond us they are by all definition, Gods.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
yes photo #10 is not a metalic device that looks like sputnik, i mean it looks like it from a distance but its not, thanks for the clarification

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Au nom de Dieu!!!! "Je vous aime"??? mais que diable alloit il faire dans cette galere. Well "Il faut que vous sachiez que c´est une femme".
"Mais, ma bonne amie", "vous devriez au contraire m´etre re connaissante de ce que j´explique.
Dont be angry with me for exercising a young man's privilege to have a bad sense of humor (however i apologies for it).......

top topics

join