It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I were an Atheist, I would..

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I have never said anyone was ignorant or superstitious personally, that I recall, though AOL may have pushed my buttons one time too many and I came close with that person.

There is a difference between saying that religion is superstition and telling you that comments you are making are ignorant. I surely hope you can see the difference.

Personally I think you have a personal problem with me because I'm not being swayed by people's religious arguments -- why? Because I'm past that meme, I've been inoculated against it.

I find it utterly amusing that you can come here and bash me to my face while telling me I cannot say my piece anywhere on the board I like and then say that I am the one causing pissing matches.

I rarely start them. I make a statement about how I feel about a point, then I get bashed, and then I usually return force with force to a degree. I don't start pissing matches, but I certainly am not above joining in on one when the situation warrants. I am not a pushover and am not about to allow myself to be walked on because someone's feelings are hurt because I think religion is a delusion and superstition.

Now that I've got that off MY chest, I feel better. Thanks for the venting opportunity.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn

And dude, for Logic's sake get an avatar. Do it for me, so I can better ID your posts at a quick glance.

i had one, just ended up poofing away one day... don't know what happened to it... guess i'll get on that

update: fixed.

[edit on 8/24/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
MMF...I value your opinions with the UTMOST respect.

I want to ask you a few things:

As you know from me, I like to flex my 'spirtual muscles' from time to time, and want to ask YOU, your opinions on the 'lesser life-forms' that we presently co-habitate with.

It is with my present understanding, and from your past endevours - "Scientific basis" - that we both can 'some-what conclude' a basis for "Lesser artificiall life".

Is it scientifically POSSIBLE for 'lesser life' - that whiich we conceive to be of lesser cellular merit, to contrive thinking., and thus exhibit human - like potentiality?

How do we 'address' these beings?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Thanks, Ducks, I appreciate the post.

I'd like to clarify, what you mean by lesser life. Do you mean animals, or plants, or bacteria? Or did your use of the word "artificial" mean something other?

I want to make sure we're on the same page before I give an answer. So there won't be misunderstandings.

And maybe we should move this elsewhere, because I think we're hijacking the post again.

Shall I copy & paste your question and my answer so far to the Belief vs. Unbelief Slugfest! thread? I doubt we're going to do any slugging, but it's sort of the catchall thread I made to take off-topic discussions. They seem to follow me around for some reason.

[edit to add:

I've copied and pasted the relevant parts of our two posts to the other thread. Don't want to be a bully AND a hijacker!
]

[edit on 24-8-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join