It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does knowing the truth make you an outcast?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Taliesin, I really don't discuss my views on 9/11 or UFOs much either.

My opinion about 9/11 is relatively simple. Was there something shady going on? It seems so. However, regardless of who or what is responsible for 9/11, it drug people who genuinely hate us from out of the woodwork. So, perhaps it was a "blessing" in disguise. I don't know.

In regards to UFOs, I have no doubt as to their existence. I have seen so many in my life, that I'd have to be totally aloof to even try to disbelieve in them.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
First, it depends on whether what you believe is true or not. You may or may not be correct in your thought process. I have read many threads here regarding 9/11 and ufo's and a number of posts have utilized VERY faulty logic processes.

First, it's important to understand whether you are expressing an opinion or whether you are trying to hammer your truth into their heads.

Many people express their opinions as fact and that simply doesn't work.

Now assuming you are correct with your knowledge and they are wrong, most people can be reasoned with using very precise logical discourse.

I don't know how you are presenting your ideas or even what your ideas are, so I can't really give you an opinion other then when you are presenting information, make sure you can prove what you're saying with FACT. Speculation always causes arguments when to opposing sides are discussing a subject.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Do what I do, keep your mouth shut. Let out a bit of truth here and there but not very often. And don't ever say NWO, Aliens, Antichrist, End of the world, etc. I have lots of friends, and a life. One believes 911 was a false flag operation, but has no idea what the NWO is. Some others would consider that there could be a NWO, but you don't say it all at once. Go with the flow, and whenever some conspiracy happens and the news covers it up, tell them the truth. Never ever persist to change their mind at one time. You allow them to retain their own beliefs.

Whenever I talk about the NWO, I back up my statements with facts. What I usually do is catch something the news lies about and the tell my friends what really happened. Also I make it sound like as I don't fully believe in this stuff. That way they won't think your crazy.

Here's what I say

"do you know there's supposely a mass conspiracy for an artificial alien attack?"

That is exactly what you do. I am sure that will happen and if you bring that up a couple times, when that happens, they will believe you.

It's possible to talk about this stuff without sounding like a nut, you just can't say it all at once.

[edit on 25-8-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
One of the great mysteries in life is to know exactly how to compromise with the outside pressures of society while at the same time zealously clinging to your unusual beliefs. Those with unusual beliefs have to find a way of explaining those beliefs to others and maintaining their beliefs with integrity while at the same time coexisting with others who do not share those beliefs. Since it is often difficult to maintain or discover the right formula, people with unusual beliefs often become outcasts or they simply give up and abandon their beliefs or drastically alter them.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
My pet conspiracy is the one that involves the government poisoning the public with chemicals. I've found that when I tell people about the plethera of medical problems that stem from processed food (and the vast amount of information online to support it), they usually will listen with interest, and especially when I tell them how I cured my own long-term depression simply by changing to organic foods, they really do start to believe that what they hear and see in the media about nutrition and health is not the truth. That usually opens their minds to other possible coverups that could be out there.

Honestly, if you suddenly realize that the government is really NOT concerned about your health and even promoting products that cause you to be sick, what else are they doing to us that we aren't aware of?

For me, it's a good starting point to get people to open their eyes and see what is really going on.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Theories are still theories. The OP believes in his theories that even on this website conflict with other theories. When theories are debated as truths then unless you can show solid empirical data it is still a theory. This is the point that people might start looking at you funny in a group setting that is not familiar with any part of your subject.

As an example if you believe the aliens are real and all around us then you need to show the best data you have and let them make their own decision about it, and unless you can plop alive or dead one up on the table be ready for some weird looks.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Ya know, in the end it just makes you more prepared for things. They will all call you crazy until 1% of what you said hits them in the face and they cant avoid it anymore. Be weird my friend, be very weird.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
It all depends on 'HOW' you explain these views to them. I don't know how old you are but I know when I was younger I was more apt to say things loudly and if they didn't agree, I would get angry. Now that I'm a bit older, I CALMLY tell them my views and most importantly, back up my assertions with facts. Facts will get them every time, Just say them nicely and I think that's the best way to convey how you feel. Just an opinion. Take care, Shaman

top topics

<< 1   >>

join