It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran president: Israel flies Satan's flag

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast
the Iranian people share alot of the same values that we here in america do. They are just under the control of extremism. I think Eventually the people of Iran topple there government.

Don't you think that other countries say that about the USA?

e.g. "Those Americans are alright, they're just under the control of their government and media. I think they could do with a different government."

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
If Iran said "shaitan," it is translated as "Satan" in English, but unlike the English meaning, it doesn't only mean a evil entity, but also "deceit" or "lies." To call someone in Arabic or Persian a "shaitan" means that they're a lair or not trust worthy.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
A few "primitive" nuclear missiles could be easily shot down by the joint U.S./Israeli missile defenses in the region. These defenses are Patriot missiles, newer versions of the Patriot, and an entirely different missile that shoots down other missiles who's name I do not have. Plus Israel has their own, too.

So anyway, considering how easily the SCUDs came down in the Gulf War of the early 90's, I'd expect any small barrage of a "couple of low yield nukes" or primitive nukes in their design and delivery to be shot out of the sky, anything less than Russian Intercontinental quality is just going to be not good enough.

Maybe. And any maybe in this situation is a big risk to take, I think. Maybe Iran is using their nukes as a strategy of deterrence. During the Cold War that's what the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. did. What's a low yield nuke? What was used on Hiroshima and Nagasaki did plenty of damage. If Iran has anything it's likely at least as powerful as the one's used on Japan.

So maybe Iran doesn't have the capability of delivering a nuclear strike to Israel, the Middle East is a logistical nightmare, but there are other potential targets between it and Israel. Intercontinental capability is not essential. And Israeli forces won't have a cakewalk dealing with Iran either, so it is really a messy situation. Given the geographic position of Iraq, well, again, it's a messy affair in the Middle East at the moment. If Iran is using the strategy of deterrence then that's all we really need to know, I think.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by Areal51]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Iran's President representing the Muslim brass there can't keep his mouth shut. It's always something usually regarding the USA or Israel.
I'm not sure what's longer his tongue or nose.

Though it has not as yet materialized after talking about it here for years, I still feel Israel will act against Iran's nuc ambitions, though I have not a a suitable reason as to what the hold up is in delaying a preemptive strike against Iranian Nuclear Sites. Perhap's it's Russia and Russian - military sales to Iran?

Dallas

Edit: "Time Running Out for Iran Strike" Article
www.jpost.com...

"... Brig.-Gen. (res.) Yossi Kuperwasser, former head of Military Intelligence's Research Division, told The Jerusalem Post on Monday that time to launch an effective military strike against Iran's nuclear installations was running out...".

[edit on 19-8-2007 by Dallas]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
...nevermind

[edit on 19-8-2007 by seeingevil]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

Originally posted by talon
what has iran got that the US want?

a new front and land to propagate western doctrine and democracy, a next step in conquering the world?

This is true. I think Iran would be a better model democracy for the middle east then Iraq.

the Iranian people share alot of the same values that we here in america do. They are just under the control of extremism. I think Eventually the people of Iran topple there government.

Yes i recon. How long will it take beforte they and the Mulahs get fed up with him..Iran has a broad student population, they're well educated and sophisticated people. I know two students from my study, they both fled because of the revolution AND the SHah 's secret service.. And they're really not the only one..S the question is also how much Iran has suffered from brain drainage so far..

Originally posted by bodrul

What assurance can Iran give that nuclear weapons will not end up in the hands of terrorists, to be used on primarily civilian targets in either or both the USA and Israel?

Iran is suppose to have Bio and chemical weapons
which it never used even when the Iraqis used them On iranians

kind of funny if it was Iraq using Bio weapons against the US it would have prob been turned to glass.

anyhow thats a diffrent topic

Iran already have WMDs which they could have easily given to Liberation fighters/terrorists what ever you want to call them. since these weapons attack flesh and blood and not buildings, if Iran Really wanted israel destroyed they would use that to keep the area ontact and inhabitable. and not a nuclear waste land.

so on your question how can they prove that. simple show their track record when it comes to such weapons

Iran used chemical weapons againts sufi Sacred shrine in 2006

I am not sure they had this weapons in the Iran/Iraq war, i doubt it..They even used school children to sweep minefields, they wouldnt hesitate using ABC weapons if they had it in their disposal.
I wonder how much the US and Israel deliberate about this matter about doing this together or whether they leave this to the "other".
If the US attacks, you can be sure a 125.000 army or even a potential of 11 million volunteers pasdaran army will invade Iraq and hit two flies with the same stone, the Sunni and the exhausted US army.
Same thing will even more likely happen when the US invades Iran..You can be sure draft will be a reality again and your dull lives will be over..
The sixties' and the Nam war would look like a walk in the park...

Like i said before, lets Israel deal with this, its their threat.. and i bet with those 30 billion dollar of military aid they can get them selves some nice bunkerbuster and do the job..I think they still owe the US after what the latter has done for them in Iraq..

[edit on 19-8-2007 by Foppezao]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao
Iran used chemical weapons againts sufi Sacred shrine in 2006

(EN) The Commission is aware of the incident occurred in February 2006, when the Iranian authorities stormed and razed a building housing a Sufi shrine, and arrested over a thousand Sufi followers. The issue is closely monitored by the EU, on the ground and through appropriate diplomatic channels.

The Commission agrees with the Honorable Member that this action constitutes excessive use of force. However, it is not aware of any use by Iran of chemical weapons.

you have any source that says the used chemical weapons?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Foppezao, according some info I'm reading Iran did use chemical weapons during the war with Iraq, eg:

Iran's Chemical Weapons, article
www.globalsecurity.org...

Seems Iran has a pile of CWMD hidden around town and have used such outlawed terror weapons too. If true and this report of its use can be substantiated then I suppose nuclear wmd in their hands can become the mid-east nightmare in their hands too.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Is the Iranian leader begging for conflict and war?

I proposed the same basic question in my thread found here. But while your thread attained three flags and inspired actual discussion, mine is simply attracting Iranian sympathizers and those who insist Ahmadinejad is a mere figurehead...

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51

So maybe Iran doesn't have the capability of delivering a nuclear strike to Israel, the Middle East is a logistical nightmare, but there are other potential targets between it and Israel. Intercontinental capability is not essential. And Israeli forces won't have a cakewalk dealing with Iran either, so it is really a messy situation. Given the geographic position of Iraq, well, again, it's a messy affair in the Middle East at the moment. If Iran is using the strategy of deterrence then that's all we really need to know, I think.

You're right about that! And I know just the spot for Iran to drop their bombs.

Ready? It's a 4 letter word, just like Iran except .. Iraq! Yes! Where U.S. Forces have entire bases, training centres, HQs, as well as weapons depos, and over 100,000 soldiers there. Lets count raw citizens. 300,000 US citizens there? Yeah, thats an easy population to gun for. Theyre so damn close to Iran being on the Eastern "Shiite" friendly (lol) part of the land, so we would barely have time to shoot em down -- we'd have to already have air superiority over Iran and be flying above them, shooting them as they take off into the sky.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by UM_Gazz

or how about the threat of nuclear unilateral destruction that Israel keep threatening weekly.

Playing devil's advocate here.

From an Israeli perspective, if you lived in Israel, all of your family and friends as well, having seen terrorism with your own eyes, knowing the ties that many of these terrorists have to the Iranian regime, would you not be worried about Iran amassing nuclear weapons, especially given the many things the Iranian leaders have said about your country, and the destruction of the Jewish state?

Would you then not want to take action to prevent Iran from obtaining the ability to strike at you with nuclear weapons, or worse providing either nuclear weapons, or radiological bombs to the terrorists who would think nothing of using them on civilian targets in Israel?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Consider this:

to control a mass population, freedom of movement needs to be impeded or stopped completely. Availability of affordable energy provides the means for mass mobility.

Perhaps what is happening is a systematic and deliberate interruption of energy supplies (mainly oil but also suppression of alternative enrgy sources) in order to create an energy crisis -> immobilising global populations, making them easier to control.

Look at the development in the Middle East, Venezuala, Nigeria etc from this perspective and a lot of the current activities take on a completely different meaning

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
i have read the quran, & in islam the whole world are infidels wich means scum of the earth. the usa is rich. when other countrys become rich iran will also call them satan too. the quran states that unless you want to live in the dark ages then you should be dead. if iran doesnt realise that if israel is attacked as in wiped off the map, there will be a very large hole in the ground where iran used to be. i also point out that many followers of islam also see hitler as a hero. these followers that use the quran as nothing more than a poor excuse to mislead & abuse other people will not be happy untill this whole planet is islamic !!.
i point out that mohamed sais that muslims can have 4 wives, whilst mohamed had 11 wives, this means do as i say & not as i do.
also mohameds youngest wife was just 6 years old. & that speaks for its self.
i very much hope some one destroys irans attempt at being a nuclear nation or will iran use its weapons to enforce that so called western satans to get on its knees to alleh.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Would you then not want to take action to prevent Iran from obtaining the ability to strike at you with nuclear weapons, or worse providing either nuclear weapons, or radiological bombs to the terrorists who would think nothing of using them on civilian targets in Israel?

A country (or countries) with an active nuclear weapons program, attempting to prevent another sovereign nation from obtaining the same or similar capability is a seriously arrogant display of hypocrisy.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by RogerT]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I was watching an intresting show a few minutes ago. They said if the report in September was good, they'd invade Iran. Oddly enough, you should pray for the report to be bad

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT
A country (or countries) with an active nuclear weapons program, attempting to prevent another sovereign nation from obtaining the same or similar capability is a seriously arrogant display of hypocrisy.

When that sovereign nation openly threatens you, your country and uses religious rhetoric to call for the destruction of your homeland, is it hypocrisy, or logical self defense?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_GazzWhen that sovereign nation openly threatens you, your country and uses religious rhetoric to call for the destruction of your homeland, is it hypocrisy, or logical self defense?

It's hypocrisy.

This is not a one line post

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   

When that sovereign nation openly threatens you, your country and uses religious rhetoric to call for the destruction of your homeland, is it hypocrisy, or logical self defense?

I guess you would also say that the illegal and unilateral invasion and occupation of a sovereign land is also self defence?

Am I referring to the US or Israel? - you decide

[edit on 19-8-2007 by RogerT]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by the animator
i have read the quran, & in islam the whole world are infidels wich means scum of the earth. the usa is rich. when other countrys become rich iran will also call them satan too. the quran states that unless you want to live in the dark ages then you should be dead. if iran doesnt realise that if israel is attacked as in wiped off the map, there will be a very large hole in the ground where iran used to be. i also point out that many followers of islam also see hitler as a hero. these followers that use the quran as nothing more than a poor excuse to mislead & abuse other people will not be happy untill this whole planet is islamic !!.
i point out that mohamed sais that muslims can have 4 wives, whilst mohamed had 11 wives, this means do as i say & not as i do.
also mohameds youngest wife was just 6 years old. & that speaks for its self.
i very much hope some one destroys irans attempt at being a nuclear nation or will iran use its weapons to enforce that so called western satans to get on its knees to alleh.

Sure you read the Qu'ran with spelling like that. For someone who has supposedly read the book, you should have atleast spelled "alleh" right (it's Allah by the way)... Please stop your propaganda, it bad for the cause.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Am I the only one that sees the correlation between the timing of Ahmadinejad outrageous statement and the selling off of oil futures in America?

Economists were talking of a good-sized reduced oil prices coming after this summer, even going as far as saying that there may be a larger than normal "fall swoon" drop in oil and gas prices after the end of the busy season of summer. I mean Ahmadinejad always seems to be saying these crazy war-mongering statements right when the oil markets need a nudge. Iran's chief export moneymaker is oil, too. After all unrest in the Middle East is the number one way to make oil prices go up.

Am I the only one seeing the correlation?

Is this less about war and more about making money to buy implementations for war?

I mean war with Iran is a real possibility, but last time I checked Russia doesn't take payment for weapons in the form of dates or goats.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join