It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s Official! Documents/Procedures For Encountering UFOs!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Well, if the government trashes UFOs as nothing but swamp gas, the planet Venus, hallucinations, fire flies and so on, why is it that they have Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for actions to be taken on encounters with UFOs? Take a look at some of them…

34TH AIR DEFENSE DIVISION REGULATION No. 200-1
REPORTING OF INFORMATION ON UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS

Unit commanders are responsible for the submission of required reports when an unidentified flying object is sighted either visually or by means of radar. Each individual member of the command is responsible for initiating reports if and when he comes into the possession of information on unusual airborne sightings. The 34th ADD Director of Intelligence is responsible for the rendering of reports in accordance with the provisions of Air Force Letter 200-5, dated 29 April 1952 and ADCR 200-5, dated 20 October 1952.

AIR FORCE REGULATION 80-17 (AFR 80-17, 19 September 1966)

The investigations and analyses prescribed are related directly to the Air Force's responsibility for the air defense of the United States. The UFO Program requires prompt reporting and rapid evaluation of data for successful identification. Strict compliance with this regulation is mandatory.

AIR FORCE REGULATION 200-2

This is the famous Air Force Regulation 200-2 (AFR 200-2). This version, dated 12 August 1954, is after the 4602 Air Intelligence Service Squadron (4602d AISS) was brought in to assist the USAF Air Technical Intelligence Center with preliminary and field UFO investigations.

This Regulation establishes procedures for information and evidence material pertaining to unidentified flying objects and sets forth the responsibility of Air Force activities in this regard. It applies to all Air Force Activities.

The Inspector General Brief

Unidentified flying objects - sometimes treated lightly by the press and referred to as "flying saucers" –must be rapidly and accurately identified as serious USAF business. Responsibility for handling UFO's should rest with either intelligence, operations, the Provost Marshal or the Information Officer - in that order of preference, dictated by limits of the base organization.

The Inspector General Brief Number 11, Volume XVI

Flying objects reported in the past have posed no threat to the security of the U.S. However, since the possibility exists that a UFO reported may be hostile, it is imperative to report sightings rapidly, factually, and as completely as possible.

Commanders should insure that their training programs for crew members, pilots and other personnel include current information on the UFO Program

JOHN F. KENNEDY SPACE CENTER, NASA: MANAGEMENT INSTRUCTION

The purpose of this Instruction is to establish procedures for handling reports of sightings of objects such as fragments or component parts of space vehicles…Included are reports of sightings of objects not related to space vehicles.

And what about the INTERPLANETARY PHENOMENON UNIT? The name is suggestive. More Here…

So it seems the government OFFICIALLY recognizes the existence of UFOs, otherwise why has it been included in official documents AS A MATTER OF COURSE?

But they can't come clean as according to them, they fear world wide panic, a global financial melt down, an adverse impact on religious beliefs etc. In other words, a culture shock of enormous proportions. So as per the 'rulers', we aren't ready yet! They will decide when we are!

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Sorry to be cynical, Mike, but do you have any links that show actual scans of the real paperwork or where they came from?

I mean, not that they would, but in theory what's to stop someone making something up and putting it as 'verified' on their website as html or pdf texts?

Interesting though.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
the govoernemnt begun slowly do tell about ufos to the public,this is just another step forward cheers

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I really wish I believed that it was a big step forward. However, I just don't see anything here that makes convinced.

As far as anything official is concerned, I will only be satisfied with primary evidence - that is to say - the actual document.

There is just so much rubbish on the Internet, you gotta be careful.

Ok, CUFON say they are verified documents, but how? when? and by whom?

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by more_serotonin_pls
Sorry to be cynical, Mike, but do you have any links that show actual scans of the real paperwork or where they came from?

I mean, not that they would, but in theory what's to stop someone making something up and putting it as 'verified' on their website as html or pdf texts?

Interesting though.

OK. Here's something that may interest you! This FBI document isn't too clear, but legible if you try!

Famous 1949 FBI Memorandum stating that UFOs were Top Secret.
Courtesy: Richard Dolan

www.keyholepublishing.com...

Cheers!

[edit on 18-8-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Crud.

Looks like a scan of swampgas to me.

On a more OT note, swampgas smells a bit like...swampgas.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Thanks for that Mike, it's appreciated.

I'd love to get my hands on really recent stuff though. I've got some stuff on Rendlesham and the like, but it's all in the public domain. I'm sure that someone, somewhere has something mindblowing lurking around.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
you do realize that ufo doesnt automatically mean alien in a flying car. im just sayin. you know what it stands for. i didnt read any of that stuff to be honest, because i dont care that much right now, and im tired, but im sure that no where in those documents does it say anyting about aliens. the ufo term is used, but that doesnt mean much to me. but still interesting to say the most. maybe ill look at it later

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'm sure that we are all quite aware of the fact that UFO does not automatically mean an 'alien in a flying car.' Please point out where somebody makes a statement to that effect.

If you didn't read any of the stuff, because you don't care, why bother posting in the first place? Save it until you have read it.

If you've got something to add - like a view point, please do so - because to me it simply reads like a veilled insult, which in my book, ain't really on bro.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
UFO can mean flying objects that arent like check in with the us government too can't they? such as spy plans from other countries or whatever? I mean yeah I do believe in Alien UFOs, but they're talking more in general such as objects not recognized to be registered in the US or whatever arent they?

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmy1200
you do realize that ufo doesnt automatically mean alien in a flying car. im just sayin. you know what it stands for, but im sure that no where in those documents does it say anyting about aliens. the ufo term is used, but that doesnt mean much to me. but still interesting to say the most. maybe ill look at it later

The UFO phenomenon consists of reports of unusual flying objects that remain unidentified after scientific inquiry.

The most publicized collection agency was the U.S. Air Force through its Projects Sign (1948), Grudge (1948–1951), and Blue Book (1951–1969). The Air Force also sponsored research by the Battelle Memorial Institute in 1955 and the University of Colorado in the late 1960s. The Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Central Intelligence Agency, and other U.S. government agencies also looked into the phenomenon. Congressional hearings were held on the subject in 1966 and 1968.
www.answers.com...

In spite of all this, is it possible that these organizations, projects and most importantly the government, knew nothing about these ‘objects’ if they were man-made? Why spend billions of tax payers dollars for analyzing these ‘man-made’ objects? Some are and were made by black projects like Lockheed’s Skunk Works. There are other objects out there that defy an explanation. Apparently, these are the ones that are being referred to as ‘UFOs’ in these air force and other official documents.

new topics

top topics

join