It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a theory about John Lear

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
John Lear has always been articulate, respectful and intelligent when presenting his experiences and theories here on ATS. He has been an ATS member for several years and has just recently been "promoted" to his new position here on ATS. To infer that he is lying because he is being paid (if you can call it that) is preposterous. John is an extremely intellectual, talented individual whose views are a little out there to most. Please do not discount him just because he is bringing in some milk and cookie money. Throughout history those that had beliefs that could not be proven have been ridiculed. Just because you cannot see it or touch it does not mean it doen not exist!

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
lol, John you crack me up.

First off John usually says he is just sharing and doesn't have proof or something to that effect.

People who have experiences try to share with you (like myself) and we say we are sharing our knowledge. Each of you have to have your own experience to understand how it works.

I believe John has good knowledge on this subject and is being kind to come here and share it with you. I also think he has given you more then $60.00 worth of information.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelofmercy
Please do not discount him just because he is bringing in some milk and cookie money.

Nobody has a problem w/ him making a buck. Not that I can see. That isn't the point, go re-read my post on the last page. It has more to do with an inequity in how staff judges members. Not even that much actually, I think its that people realize it and just want to hear it affirmed.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Reality Hurts said it.

I can only agree (not a one line post
)

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

....................OK, OK. Here is the deal. I get a commission or whatever on when anybody clicks on something. I don't know exactly how it works.........

.............Maybe I'll just shoot myself. How about that for a conspiracy?......

first of all, i would like to thank you for taking the time to post in this thread, and for trying to explain the profit you gain for being a part of AboveTopSectret.com

having said that, i don't trust you. i believe that you make a lot more money than the 60 dollars you said you made. i cant exactly prove it, so its really not important, and i do not want to discuss it further.

but im bothered by the fact that, on this forum, you are part of the "machine" ,you get paid, one way or the other, and that stands against all the concepts this community is known for, and i hope you, and everyone, else can understand my concern...

in discussions like the ones that happen on ATS, its important that all parties involved are, more or less, neutral, that they have nothing to gain by participating in this, so called, "search for the truth"...

when somebody gets paid for saying certain things, that automatically reminds me of PR, or worse, a spokesperson that works for some politician...

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nightsider2007

dude...the man is the heir to the lear fortune...do you think he gives a rats arse how much he makes from google?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightsider2007
having said that, i don't trust you. i believe that you make a lot more money than the 60 dollars you said you made. i cant exactly prove it, so its really not important,

That being said, why are you posting in this thread then?

and i do not want to discuss it further.

Thank god for little blessings.

but im bothered by the fact that, on this forum, you are part of the "machine" ,you get paid, one way or the other, and that stands against all the concepts this community is known for, and i hope you, and everyone, else can understand my concern...

No, I don't see your concern. I'm a long standing staff member and I haven't made a cent. I've gotten a helluva lot of knowledge though. That's a good trade imo.

in discussions like the ones that happen on ATS, its important that all parties involved are, more or less, neutral, that they have nothing to gain by participating in this, so called, "search for the truth"...

If one has nothing to gain, why bother? You DO know that not everything beneficial is monetary?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

having said that, i don't trust you. i believe that you make a lot more money than the 60 dollars you said you made. i cant exactly prove it, so its really not important, and i do not want to discuss it further.

Nightsider if there is anything I want in this life it is people to trust me. Trust me.

Therefore I have logged into my google account and here is the printout below.

Please accept my sincerest and humblest apologies. I am making twice as much as I told you! Believe me is there ever red on my face! I am truly embarrassed that I misled you and everybody else reading this thread.

I have, in fact, over $136 in this account. WHHHOOOAAAA! I am rolling in dough! Drinks are on me everybody! I started the account at the end of February so thats over $27 per month or about a buck a day. Do I think I am worth it? Hardly.

Personally I don't think my posts are worth over fifty cents per day!

And as you will note on the left hand side in the red rectangle is a note that my payments are on hold because I can't figure out (or am too lazy to figure out) how to get the money out of Google.

But look Nightsider you were correct. I did in fact misrespresent the money I make as a tool posting on ATS.

But you can be sure that I am now on the straight and narrow. I will never misrepresent my earnings again. I am sure that everybody at ATS joins me in thanking you for exposing this unintentional fraud on my part.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
hey john,
how about i give you my paypal info and you can just send me the money????

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   

but im bothered by the fact that, on this forum, you are part of the "machine"

Huh? What machine?

you get paid, one way or the other, and that stands against all the concepts this community is known for

It does? Why? Why is it wrong for people to derive income from personal efforts to spread interesting information?

and i hope you, and everyone, else can understand my concern...

I don't. Not at all.

How about gaining... the truth?

But really... let's be real. None of us are living in a communal shared-assets community where we're revered for our intellectual contributions to the "great good" and allowed to veg in front of a computer monitor all day while cherubs bring succulent meals of the fatted calf and finest fruits (well, maybe Simon is). We're all living in the real world where it costs cold-hard-cash to keep a roof over our family, stock the frig, and send the kids to college.

when somebody gets paid for saying certain things, that automatically reminds me of PR

Well damn, we have a PR Agency who is getting paid to help more people become aware of what's on ATS.

I think your priorities are somewhat misaligned.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
whoa
I thought it was a logical question and nothing to fuss about. Isn't it a standard today in determining disinformation by looking at the motives? In this case the possible motive is money and I don't see the problem in questioning it. When people look up to you for information and they find out any money is involved it's only natural to look at credibility. You hear that Lear? People look up to you... or else they wouldn't care.

Now, nightsider is a member and we're suppose to be a team

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
John, you seem a little unfamiliar with Google Adsense so just in case this is of benefit... before mailing you your check, they require you to validate your phone number through an automated service they have, and they require you also to validate your address which is done via them mailing you a postcard with a pin-number on it that you'll need to input on their site. It takes two or three weeks to receive the postcard from them after the point you request it.

Edit:
Also the minimum amount you must earn in order to be paid is $125.00...

[edit on 20-8-2007 by seeingevil]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   

so how can i take seriously anything he says, since i know he gets paid for saying it, and he has to write and post SOMETHING, anything, in order to get paid. i hope my logic makes sense.

On that basis presumably you don't believe anything written or said by newspaper journalists, TV presenters, columnists or authors either? If we're only going to give credence to information provided by those who never receive a penny we're not going to have a lot to go on are we?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Just could not resist posting here. While OP's question makes some sense - afterall one does tend to question motives - John's post

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

But really... let's be real. None of us are living in a communal shared-assets community where we're revered for our intellectual contributions to the "great good" and allowed to veg in front of a computer monitor all day while cherubs bring succulent meals of the fatted calf and finest fruits (well, maybe Simon is). We're all living in the real world where it costs cold-hard-cash to keep a roof over our family, stock the frig, and send the kids to college.

yeah, thats all true, but what about this:

Hoagland, Icke, Greer, Sereda...

Hoagland made money from his claims, turns out he was wrong. (ok, probably wrong, this is a conspiracy site after all)

Icke made money from his theories, which just cant be proven, but ok...

Greer formed a cult after the disclosure project, charges a few hundred dollars for his little field trips...

Sereda, well, i dont know how much money he made, since the rod thing didnt quite work out, and his new film is ridiculous, but he earned a few bucks...

so, you see the connection here, and why i dont trust people like these anymore.

i dont know exactly how much money John Lear makes, but the fact that he does puts him the same category with the people i mentioned. at least in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
edit: looks like triple post....

[edit on 20-8-2007 by nightsider2007]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
edit: double post, sorry.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by nightsider2007]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by darkheartrising

Look's like someone else wants to be paid by ATS.

Honestly i see nothing wrong with the question the OP asked. He asked it and was given an answer that was the truth, have a nice day and try not to micro manage.

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 20-8-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test
On that basis presumably you don't believe anything written or said by newspaper journalists, TV presenters, columnists or authors either? If we're only going to give credence to information provided by those who never receive a penny we're not going to have a lot to go on are we?

they have to provide evidence

otherwise they cease to be reporters

as in, they get fired.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by Mirrorshade]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
originally posted by timeless test

mirrorshade:
they have to provide evidence

otherwise they cease to be reporters.

as in, they get fired.

right. of course thats true when they are working for a respectable, non-big profit newspaper.

and NOT for Fox.

[edit on 21-8-2007 by anti72]

[edit on 21-8-2007 by anti72]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join