It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia, China Hold Joint War Games

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Russia, China Hold Joint War Games

www.jg-tc.com

CHEBARKUL TESTING RANGE, Russia - Fighter jets streaked through the air as Russian and Chinese forces held their first joint maneuvers on Russian land Friday in a demonstration of their growing military ties and a shared desire to counter U.S. global clout.

The war games in the southern Ural Mountains involved some 6,000 troops from Russia and China along with a handful of soldiers from four ex-Soviet Central Asian nations that are part of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, a regional...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ca.today.reuters.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Russia, China Host Ahmadinejad at Anti-U.S. Security Summit

Mod Edit: Removed excessive copy/paste over the 500 character limit.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This exercise comes after the SCO summit and also came with some warnings to the US about staying away from the mineral rich central Asia area.

Will the final war be waged over oil?

The joint effort by the Chinese and Russian military was conducted on the premise of waging war on terrorists.

www.jg-tc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2007/8/17 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

Will the final war be waged over oil?

[edit on 2007/8/17 by JacKatMtn]

If you take a look at what is presently happening, I would say that the final war may already have started. And say what you may but it did start over oil in my opinion. The mideast is an open powder keg sitting next to a sparking bonfire. Iraq is a mess - frankly the war was won in less than a month. The regime was toppled. Now our, and allied, brave men and women are nothing more than hall monitors trying to calm down a region which NEVER will calm down. Religion based fanatics can't be combated against, especially when they are WANTING to die for their cause.
Now throw the impending Iranian situation in, along with the wildcard which is Israel. Man not good. Now many think that Momar Khadafy in Libya is being an honor student. My gut still thinks he is someone who will come back to haunt.
Now we have the news that you broke here with Russia and China joining forces in war games. Not the best of signs. Don't forget our friend Chavez down south. He's no friend of the US, and yes he's sitting on alot of oil. China owns both ends of the Panama Canal. China has the biggest cargo facility on the planet in the bahamas. I'm not sure, but I have to assume that the biggest cargo facility on the planet can be converted to a military base rather easily. I mean who knows what's being transported already in those great big cargo bins?
To answer your question, yes, I do believe that the final war will be started over oil.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by lombozo]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Just saw on bbc news 24 that Putin has just annonced that Russia is to resume strategic bomber flights well outside of their own airspace. This was likened to the situation in the cold war when The soviet Union had similar practices.

wonder what America will make of it?
What would be an appropriate response?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chonx
Just saw on bbc news 24 that Putin has just annonced that Russia is to resume strategic bomber flights well outside of their own airspace. This was likened to the situation in the cold war when The soviet Union had similar practices.

wonder what America will make of it?
What would be an appropriate response?

Time for the saucers to come out....

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

who knows what's being transported already in those great big cargo bins?

hmm maybe a full blown chines invasion
talk about your trojan horse

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Do you alos know

1) russian has stopped bbc broadcasting on russian fm.
2) russia wants a navy port in syria.

Everything seems to be moving faster. What do you guys think on these two things.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
The war games in the southern Ural Mountains involved some 6,000 troops from Russia and China along with a handful of soldiers from four ex-Soviet Central Asian nations

Only 6,000 Troops? Hardly anything to be concerned with.
Darn, I see this kinda crowd down at the local on Friday nights, although a lot of the time I'm seeing tripple.

edit:- grammer

[edit on 17-8-2007 by SmokeyJo]

top topics

join