It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

XH558 First Flight Date Announced (Almost)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Sorry Mate, i just realised - if you click the play button, it doesnt play, but if you click the "youtube link" button - it does. My bad - sorry again mate!

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Rather too much talking and not enough flying here, but at least the man from the BBC has a tripod

BBC.co.uk

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I admit to not knowing anything about the vulcans stats, but we had one at the castle afb museum in california. Awesome aircraft, they had bigger, faster, and newer aircraft, on display all around it. But your eyes allways wandered back to the most powerful looking bird on the lot

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by timeless test

Doesnt watching that clip bring tears to your eyes. To think that that beauty was destined to be scrapped 15 years ago, bringing her back and seeing her flying again is just awesome! As that woman said "british owned, british made" we should be bloody proud of that!

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I know this aircraft was subsonic, mainly due to the thickness of the wings etc, but is there any way that supersonic flight could be achieved nonetheless?

Westpoint, if your out there, an awnser on this would be greatly appreciated!

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by shaolin_dragon

Oh it sure does bring a lump to the throat.

I remember seeing, (and hearing), these beauties at airshows as a kid along with Victors, (I know it's heresy but that's still my favourite "V"). I shall be wearing my "Vulcan To The Sky" tie with pride tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
In reference to my last post, i meant "Waynos" not Westy, sorry!

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by veritas 7

If your looking for an explination the compression infront of shuch a high camber or thick wing that the air is not able to flow quick enough over the wing and it gets compressed infront of the leading edge ruining lift. Even the P-38 ran into these problems in WW2 due to its thick wings as well. Layman explinations

top topics

<< 1   >>

join