It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor's Time Machine Identified?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Heres something that intrigues me. I can understand the Time Travel theory, VPS etc etc, but how in fex name is his name pronounced ?

Teet or, Tit or (I bet that one won't get past the censors
) Tite or ... how ?

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScienceGuyQ

Anyways, anyone have anything? I can't come up with anything obviously wrong with his info, no matter how much a time traveling Corrvette makes me want to laugh.

Here ya go, ScienceGuyQ. Mathematics puches holes throughout this Poser's claims of fact.

"If the Titor Saga is true there are a couple (dozen or more) physics issues that require one to suspend reality.

Here's an example.

We know from Titor's posts that the total mass of his gadget (the box, components and two micro black holes) is approximately 225 kg (500 lbs.).

If we allow 25 kg for the box and components we are left with two black holes with a mass of 100 kg each.

We can directly calculate the radius of the event horizon for each black hole.

R_s = (2 * G*M)/c^2

For a 100 kg mass the Schwarzschild Radius is approximately:

1.5*10^-25 meters. The diamter is 3*10^-25 meters..

Titor stated that he spun up the angular velocity and electric charge of his black holes by injecting electrons.

The "diameter" of an electron (based on the diffusion of the charge) is approximately:

2.8*10^-15 meters.(Linus Pauling's estimate)

He's suggesting that he spins up the black hole by injecting an object (an electron) that has a diameter 9.3 billion times greater than the diameter of the black hole itself.

He next suggests that enough mass, angular momentum and charge are absorbed by the black holes so that the event horizon expands to a size sufficient to engulf the 1967 Corvette or Chevy Suburban. Use the shorter vehicle - ~4.5 meters for the Corvette (175").

He proposes to expand the event horizon 1.5*10^25 times (15 septillion times).

Another big number. Let's go back to the Earth comparison. How big is that number? A Light Year is 10^15 meters.

If his black hole was Earth sized and he needed to expand it to engulf an object 1.5*10^25 times larger than it's original size the radius the new event horizon would be...10 billion Light Years. That happens to be the lower estimate for the radius of the entire Universe.

This set of examples is just a taste of his bad physics."

Posted by E. W. "Darby" Darbyshire on Anomolies.net
--------------------
Being an amatuer of physics, this simple proof appears correct. And your conclusion, S.G.Q.?

This post is also in hopes that the users here get on with their lives and do something productive to help the world become a better place filled with less farce, self interest, and prejudice and more compassion and human understanding. John Titor, simply put, was a LIAR, a false witness, a thief of truth from the WIDE-EYED for the sake of what?...who knows but to give weight to this anymore is ludicrous and anti-productive. Somebody turn the grey matter switch back on! Pretty please? Good days to all!

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
A smart guy with too much time on his hands would have a blast doing a hoax like this on a lark. Some theories have him using it as a profit center but his political views don't support that.

The johntitor web site gets lots of hits from government servers. If some people decide to lighten up on foreign policy (just to be on the safe side) then John has already affected our timeline and the civil war might not ramp up until after 2005.

His discussion of microsingularities would have changed our timeline too, of course. Probably what he intended. As Scotty said in one of the Star Trek movies, "How do we know they didn't invent the stuff?"

So do I believe? I'm at about a 40% confidence factor. It sounds like hooey but it confirms things I already knew about from a prophetess I know:

It will be hard to get water without talking to somebody with a gun.

Society will be more community-based, much like John described.

War is coming to the US, bigger than sh*t. Courtesy of Russia and China.

However, I find a lot of hope in John's version of the future. Growth is not easy, but it will happen and things will come back into balance.

apc

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Why I am 100% certain Titor was a hoax (besides the math above
):

1: His Time Machine wouldn't work. Singularity based timetravel would dictate travel to and from the singularity itself, existing at every point in time simultaneously for the length of its existance. That's the catch, the length of its existance. If one were to use a singularity to travel through time, the earliest you could go would be the creation of the singularity (Al, what does Ziggy say?).

2: His Time Machine wouldn't work. Speculation (hah) I know but think about it... two microsingularities... in an oversized suitcase... just how much power do you think it would take to contain, stabilize, and manipulate these two little galaxy crushers? A lot. Cold Fusion in a Can or ZPE devices in a post-apocalyptic 2020's... yeah... right.

3: Nitpicking I know, but he screwed up his story. quote from memory but "I can never return to my original worldline... ... ... I will travel from A to B, B to C, C back to B, allowing my return to A." hmmmmm

I came across Titor's junk a cpl years ago and I found many other contradictory statements in his stories, most of which Im sure have already been pointed out in this thread (which I must admit I have not read in its entirety).

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I think I might finally be able to debunk it all pretty easily...

I guess I should come clean. Yes I am TimeTravel_0. I was hoping to put this mystery to rest and stop all this madness you people have gone through to try to prove or disprove my existence. My real name is Samson Rodriguez. It all started as an elaborate hoax that me and my friends thought up. I am only in college and would like to apoligize to all of you who have defended me as a real person. My "time machine" was nothing more then a few junk items we found in a trash dump where we found all our supplies for the hoax. Again I apoligize for all the work you have put into this and thank you again.

TimeTravel_0's Posts

Check the most recent one, 3/30/04.

Then again, IP addresses aren't stored in the old messages, so there's nothing to match to. I guess this could be a hoax on top of a hoax.

How frustrating.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
press.web.cern.ch...

This is the new particle accelerator that CERN is firing up this summer 08. They figure it will produce a mini blackhole. I believe this is the event that john was talking about that would lead us to time travel.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

This is a link to alleged terrorist attacks to the Chinese Olympics in 08. Could this be the start of it, that could postpone the olympics as john stated?

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
yay for the thread necro!

lol

so now that it is 2008, what are your thoughts about Mr. Titor?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Heck I know this thread is old but man... I have been thinking about this and what Titor said about 2008. I think he might be right. I dunno we have to see we're half way through 2008 and I see the gas prices scaling and I think something will happen. Full scale civil war I doubt it, but maybe something else will tick us all off...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Wow!

Old thread, but not the oldest i've seen. Quite cool though, it's 2008 now....how much of what he said came true..ooOOooh

Interestingly
I was searching GOOGLE for John Titor's Post and came across this VERY well composed Archive by none other than a few diligent members of ATS

Quoted from intro...

This material is the result of the hard work of several ATS members who contributed to the "John Titor Research Project" with additional help from Valhall and Springer. AboveTopSecret.com does not make any claim as to the authenticity or possible accuracy of the claims made by this person, John Titor, instead, this material is offered for an intellectual analysis and discussion of the information contained.

The ATS John Titor Project

So i s'pose, if yer wanna know anything about the subject, go there.

CREDIT and KUDOS to ATS. as per usual helping to deny the ignorence and all that!

Cheers

AoN

[edit on 3-6-2008 by Anomic of Nihilism] edited for spelling

[edit on 3-6-2008 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Since I was one of the ones in on this whole thing early, I'll comment...

Originally posted by ScienceGuyQ
I'd like to start by saying i do not think John Titor was a time traveler.

Quite true. We traced him to his mom's house and at one point posted the satellite picture of it.

While he was very open with pictures

...taken from public sources and things that were NOT what he was saying they were.

and information

...lifted from a science fiction novel (someone identified it; it wasn't one that was terribly memorable.)

and well versed on obscure computer knowledge and physics,

Speaking as someone who was in the computer field for over 30 years, who designed circuitry, programmed, and did network and router stuff, his "computer knowledge" was laughable. He knew as much about computers as YOU do (in fact, the biggest holes in his story are those revolving around the operating systems and computers.) His knowledge of physics was that of a college freshman.

he did not offer any real proof and thus lived up to the fact that he didn't expect anyone to believe him.

That's because he was hoaxing. He really "got into it" when people started believing him and treating his messages as real. This is where he goes off into the science fiction novel stuff and makes a number of outrageously funny mistakes.

People wanted to believe, so they would say "we've gone down a different timeline."

His machine is theoreticaly functional. At first glance it looked ridiculously low tech though i'm sure a modern computer would look like just wires and chips of silicon to a 1940's computer engineer. Basicly, i couldn't find anything like his time machine nor anyone who had identified it or its parts.

It was pieces of old military equipment (forgive me... I'm in a hurry and don't have time to look all this up. However, it is in one of the many huge threads here on ATS.) While it looked spooky and convincing to anyone who hadn't been in the military, military folks just rolled their eyes and said, "used military junk."

His physics had no flaws.

If you were taking high school physics, you could believe this. If you'd had any encounters with physics in college, it was terribly obvious that he had sorta read a physical science book and googled a few things and that was the end of it.

In fact, he was posting about some things that he obviously didn't understand.

But... rather than whacking through every point, do check out the ATS threads on it. You'll see point by point discussions and you can come back and ask about the physics or math or computer science and we'll explain and give you references.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Its pretty obvious that since there was an official 2006 & 2008 olympics, its all bs. Yet, George Noory brought it up tonight...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I am referring to the last post on the first page. If time travel was traveling to different world line or universes and say such would bring you to a universe where earth never formed.... would u just be floating in space?. So Im in my time machine and I type in the year " whatever " and I end up flowing in space because Im traveling to a universe where earth was never formed?? Come on really

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CarrierAnomaly
I saw it. That is a big mistake that a time traveler can make. If someone (probably a scientist) saw that and built a time machine based on it, then that would create a paradox type deal.
You see, if someone from our time writes a piece of music ,and then in the future a time traveler brings it back to that person before he writes it, and he uses it to write his song, then who wrote the song?

It wouldn't be on the same worldline based on the string theory, so it wouldn't have any effect whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Killuminati
if Bush gets elected things our going to drop even further downhill
Were talking about an group of people that have
* Stole an election
* Staged a terrorist attack killing 3000 of their own citizens
* Waged 2 false wars
* Killed thousands of citizens abroad
* Created Terrorism for years to come

We haven�t seen nothing yet���if they have the balls to pull these off then nothing is out of range

wow... 2004!

flash forward in the ATS time machine to the present almost a decade, that is, days away from 2013...

how far have we come?

have the preemptive wars on afghanistan, iraq, syria, libya ended? are our troops back home? is our economy recovering, are stated unififed in both sovereignty & solidarity..

or, is there greater civil unrest once you remove the veil of lingering desensitization to death disease & corruption?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join