It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Unit to Be Labeled 'Terrorist'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

US to designate Iranian revoloutionary guard as terrorists

www.washingtonpost.com

The United States has decided to designate Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps, the country's 125,000-strong elite military branch, as a "specially designated global terrorist," according to U.S. officials, a move that allows Washington to target the group's business operations and finances.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 8/15/2007 by Gools]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Here we go. This is step one in going to war with Iran. Can anyone say overextended? Perpetual war is the most lucrative way for the Govt. to make money.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
And on CNN now they are discussing Imus's return.

MSNBC: Captured is on.

FOX News: O' Reilly is on and they are discussing the pedophile that was arrested today in California.

CNN headline news they are discussing the Brittney/K-Fed case.

[sarcasm] and some of you think that the mainstream media is not doing a good job keeping us informed.[/sarcasm]

I agree this is the first step to war and yet another huge mistake.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Here we go again.

What will the USA do when the day comes when China (or Russia, or The EU, etc.) applies the same distinction to the CIA? Or Blackwater?

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Let me get this right,
The US administration, the same US administration that funds terrorist groups around the world is designating the Iranian special corps as a terrorist regime??

So what is the CIA?
What is 2nd largest army in Iraq ( The Private army of the corporate nation )

We are laying the corner stones here.
Statements like these are very very bad, they are broad.

IE Axis of Evil statement
IE No distinction between terrorists and the nations that harbour them
NOW
IE Iranian revolutionary gaurds are terrorists

I could like to know can any Iranian be regarded as a revolutionary guard now?
If a #te member kills various coalition forces in Iraq, can they then blame the revolutionary guard?

This is a very blind statement that can be attritbuted to a lot of chaos should they wish to push the Iraq war into Iran.

[edit on 14-8-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Here we go, now the whole Iranian army is considered a terrorist group. I wonder if this is why Karl Rove resigned, and all this new talk of reopening the draft.

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I think this is going to go down a religion war path. Every country that the US
invades seem to be a Islam country. I wonder what the Islam extremists will think when they see US go and invade another Muslim country.
This could be far more catastrophic then the Iraq war, and the Vietnamese war.
This will probably somehow leave Bush as president again. I hope America
will get Bush and Cheney impeached before it is too late or then you will see
more sons and daughters coming home for Christmas in a wooden box.
But hey, as long as the rich folks can make more money off it!

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Either our present administration is running out of classifications to promote the next war or we truly have a government full of morons.

Either way time is getting short and so the support this administration had once upon a 9/11 time.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Part of this comes as no surprise. I can agree with the line of thinking even though it seems a bit odd. I wouldn't doubt if some "super elite" branch of Iran's army was operating in Iraq.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
To designate a nations defense forces as being a terroristic entity is very, very dangerous.

Its bluntly obvious that this administration is utilising the september 11 attacks to every degree possible.

We invade Iraq, Iraqi-s in turn defend their land against an occupier by attacking us.
The president then declares

'' the same terrorists attacking coalitions forces in Iraq are the ones who hit us on 911 ''

So now, if they decide its in their interests to enter Iran, any forces killing coalition soliders, on their march to Tehran, will be considered terrorists.

This has got to be a mistake, We've just outlawed Iran.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
point in note:

Remeber those 15 british sailors taken captive when both nations couldnt define a border?

The Revolutionary Guard Corps -- with its own navy, air force, ground forces and special forces units -- is a rival to Iran's conventional troops. Its naval forces abducted 15 British sailors and marines this spring

Under this new rule, that would of been considered a terrorist attack.
The forces that detained those men, are part of the Revolutionary Guards.

Think about what Israel did to lebanon, when hezbollah kidnapped a solider.
Imagine what bush 'could' do, should more sailors be kidnapped
!

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I think "the doomsday clock" just ticked another notch towards midnight.

We are not far from absolute hell now. Just sit back, get your popcorn, coz you'll porobably see the sky start lighting up in the distance not too long from now.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
This designation will allow the USA to freeze the assets of anyone doing business with the Revolutionary Guard or businesses connected with it. The Revolutionary Guard is a part of the Iranian government. China is Iran`s largest trading partner. Other major partners include Germany, Japan, South Korea, Venezuela, France, Russia and Italy. Given the number of business contacts the Rev. Guard has, it is very likely that businesses and individuals in each of those nations will be hit very hard by this. I`m sure they`ll all be very happy, and not retaliate by dumping the dollar altogether.

And it`s based on what, exactly? Allegations - never proven to the slightest degree - of Iranian military involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan. Iraq has positive diplomatic relations with the governments of both countries, and is currently home to nearly three million Iraqi and Afghani refugees and counting... caused by two American wars in countries sharing borders with Iran. If anything, I`d say they`ve been quite well behaved these past six years.

I`m sure this one will be all over the media tomorrow, especially in China, where they have a lot to lose by this provocation. I`m almost equally sure that it won`t be all over the US media. Should prove interesting in a couple of weeks when the retaliatory economic measures start to hit. Just remember who lobbed the first ball in this one.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Such sanctions can work only alongside diplomatic efforts, Cirincione added.

"Sanctions can serve as a prod, but they have very rarely forced a country to capitulate or collapse," he said. "All of us want to back Iran into a corner, but we want to give them a way out, too. [The designation] will convince many in Iran's elite that there's no point in talking with us and that the only thing that will satisfy us is regime change."

I was expecting something of that attitude, ofcourse Mr Cirincione, i'm sure that was the intention all along. Though i bet things wont go as easy this time.

It really is getting closer, aint it?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
This just continues to set the stage for an NWO attack on the American people. Once an attack happens here or in one of our allies' countries, we will be vindicated in attacking Iran, per this executive order. We've just gone from the 9th hour to the 10th hour. The 11th hour isn't far away now.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
from the nytimes;

According to European diplomats, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has warned of the move in recent conversations with European counterparts, saying that a delay in efforts to win approval from the United Nations Security Council for further economic sanctions on Iran was leaving the administration with little choice but unilateral action.

www.nytimes.com...

dangerous move, especially by ignoring Europe (who have given huge support to the US over Iran).

oil prices gonna shoot.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Something tells me this is America starting to dig its own grave...

No doubt the Iranian guard see the US marines as terrorists, like the rest of the world does.

Goodbye America, the playground bully is gonna get its just desserts.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by discomfit
Part of this comes as no surprise. I can agree with the line of thinking even though it seems a bit odd. I wouldn't doubt if some "super elite" branch of Iran's army was operating in Iraq.

Exactly. Who is training the Hizbollah? The Revolutionary Guard.

So therefore they are indeed a terrorist group.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
and how, the only way America can fall is if the innocent civilians suffer. So if you are wishing that on the American people, you are one sick person.

A bold move, but one that could slide us closer to war. Anyone who doubt the Guard are meddling in Iraq, against the interests of the people, needs to seriously wake up. We have plenty of allegations about US Spec Ops in Iran (blowing up the Guard Bus for instance) but no proof, and most of ATS believes it. Yet when something is alleged against Iran, there has to be a smoking gun, or stone wall, absolute proof.

Iran symbolises a state that most believe Western Europe will follow suite into the NWO.

Government run press, Extreme Religious courts, Death Sentances, Gigantic millatary spending as opposed to healthcare, Secret Police clamps down on political opposition. And yet most people will take their side, purely out of the idiotic notion that the baby eating elite only exist in one part of the world. News flash, they don't. Anyone who visits the ME will see that the ruling classes there live in Immense weath and have the same contempt for their own countrymen that is displayed by the Western Elite.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Or . . . just this means a diversion so people forget about the markets here and the millions that are lining up to lose their homes this year.

Sometimes I wonder how far the war machine will go to make a buck.

But rest assure like somebody already point out, our politicians are digging our nations imperialistic grave, let see how much support our nation will get into invading another country . . .

Will China help finance our war machine?

Or you people forgot that is thanks to china that we are wagging a war in the middle east.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join