It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Unit to Be Labeled 'Terrorist'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigJoeNYC
Flyer…We went into Iraq under different circumstances than when the USSR went into Afghanistan. We backed them to support our interests in the region. and the west? They are terrorists. We are not.

And Iran arent supporting their interests in the region?

Originally posted by BigJoeNYCThe offensive there was against the Russian military and not the people.
Just as the Iranians are training the Iraqis to act against the US military.

Russia was subsequently forced out the good guys won but than the government (Taliban) lost there minds. /quote]
Oh yes, I see how the good guys won in Afghanistan, I mean, that really worked out well for the US, didnt it?

What interest does Iran have in Iraq???? Aside from killing Innocent people, starting a new war so they can further there cause too destroy Israel and the west?
What interest does the US have in the area apart from trying to steal as much oil as possible?
They are terrorists. We are not.
Bollocks to put it bluntly. The Iranians are doing exactly the same as the US did years ago. Either both are terrorists or neither are.

Stop being such a hypocrite.

Face it, youre a hypocrite and as such, youre not my time.

[edit on 15-8-2007 by Flyer]

[edit on 15-8-2007 by Flyer]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Flyer, yet again you failed to answer my question of what are Iran's interest in Iraq are. You also just admitted they are training the Insurgents in Iraq. Training knowing that its going to provoke war with the US. My conversation with you is done.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Flyer…We went into Iraq under different circumstances than when the USSR went into Afghanistan. We backed them to support our interests in the region. The offensive there was against the Russian military and not the people. Russia was subsequently forced out the good guys won but than the government (Taliban) lost there minds. What interest does Iran have in Iraq???? Aside from killing Innocent people, starting a new war so they can further there cause too destroy Israel and the west? They are terrorists. We are not.

Wait wait wait, why did USA invade Iraq again? Oh yes WMD. Yep, we found
those. . .oh wait we didn't? So why were we in Iraq again?
Was it the oil? it could be, who knows what Bush' agenda is. I'm going
to come out and say this right now, both sides are terrorists. Yes I am claiming the Bush administration terrorists and I am claiming Mahmoud Ahmadinejad a terrorist.
USA invaded Iraq with no good reason, Iran is giving Iraq weapons to defend
themselves. I say let both presidents fight it out in a fight to the death.
That way innocent lives do not die in the process.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It was for WMD's and yes I wont deny there were none found. Personally believe they are now in Syria but that’s another forum. I wish it was for the oil, I don’t know about you but I pay $3.49 a gallon. I would personally invade a country to lower that. A lot of good things came out of the Iraq war for example a mass murdering manic and his two sociopath sons are out of power and people now have the freedom to criticize there government much like you are now. The list goes on and on. Ohhhhh...you said "Iran is giving Iraq weapons to defend themselves" that statement doesn't even make since. The weapons, IED's, and so on are going to insurgents not "Iraq" to kill civilians in markets, public gatherings, shops, schools. I must say that’s one twisted way of defending oneself.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
do you actually understand anything about the hypocrasy of the usa? they funded terrorism in afghanistan (supply the taliban with weapons) and iraq(chemcial weapons) 20 years ago - it is purely a case of `do as i say not as i do`

for every `reason` you give that this is a bad thing - the same can be said of every operation that the cia has done.

so therefore the cia should be branded a terrorist organisation.

and good come out of the invasion of itaq? saddam hussein ruled with an iron fist - in his time we didn`t see the daily slaughter we are seeing now since he was removed.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I really am amazed by how far extreme left wing the people on this site are. Its amazing and scary. I support my government, CIA, FBI, ICE, NSA, the Patriot Act, and killing terrorists. I assume you don’t share the same views lol. You have to live in the present not the past. There is no time machine that that can erase what was done. Its time to fight to preserve our way of life and if that includes killing 10,000 terrorists to save 1 freedom loving person. I'll bring the ammo boy's…it's on me. Hell I would donate the money for a missile if I knew it would kill some Al Qaeda.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

It was for WMD's and yes I wont deny there were none found. Personally believe they are now in Syria but that’s another forum. I wish it was for the oil, I don’t know about you but I pay $3.49 a gallon. I would personally invade a country to lower that. A lot of good things came out of the Iraq war for example a mass murdering manic and his two sociopath sons are out of power and people now have the freedom to criticize there government much like you are now. The list goes on and on. Ohhhhh...you said "Iran is giving Iraq weapons to defend themselves" that statement doesn't even make since. The weapons, IED's, and so on are going to insurgents not "Iraq" to kill civilians in markets, public gatherings, shops, schools. I must say that’s one twisted way of defending oneself.

All the WMD’s were destroyed during the first Gulf War and the remainder dismantled in the following years under UN supervision.

As for Syria, they have vast stocks of WMD’s and I think the transfer of any items from Iraq to Syria would have been dealt with by Israel.

The war is motivated by Oil. Yes gas prices continue to rise but oil companies continue to report the highest profits ever.

And by saying “I would personally invade a country to lower that,” referring to gas prices. Is the same as saying it ok for a person to rob you because they don’t have a job.

As for getting rid of the mass murdering manic, we just removed the one person who has kept Iran in check. Under British rule Iraq was 3 separate states prior to independence. The West just left the keys to the shop for the people of Iraq for a couple of decades while we figured out what we were going to do with Iraq. We also unlawfully removed the head of a sovereign nation and executed him without an appeal. Also that Manic has controlled a country that should be 3 separate countries. He was no saint, but that is what it takes to lead and run some nations. Not all people want democracy, and we are fools to think that all people want democracy.

As for the people of Iraq using all these weapons supplied by Iran; you have to look at the situation they are in. They are far worse under US control than they were ever under Sadam. First the US and the current government of Iraq can not protect the people of Iraq, so with Iran offering military help they would be fools not to accept Iranian aide.

The people of Iraq as a whole had one of the highest standards of living in the Middle East. Families had property, power, water, jobs, phone, food, schools, stores, and the people lived in relative peace. And now they struggle to just get enough potable water to drink. You look at the people who have fled from Iraq and they hate the US and what it has done to them. We wonder why they fight us and each other.

We have no business in Iraq, bring our troops home. Bring our Troops home before we invade Iran.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Has any one here that are supporting an attack against Iran knows how another war will be funded?

I admire the tenacity of my fellow Americans that dare to support another fiasco in the middle east.

But I can not understand if any of the war supporters have a clue how our wars has been funded and if the funding will pay for another war.

As millions of Americans are losing their homes and American dreams, our bridges and infrastructure is falling apart killing us in their path, people here actually have no clue of how money moves around.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
We are not going to get cheap oil again,our willingness to pay what we do now is something the oil companies know they can get away with!

I was under the impression that economies would start to slide downwards when we reached 50 bucks a barrel and we have been at 70 odd for a long time.This sordid nasty lie of a war is doing America and my country a lot of harm-our reputations are damaged beyond repair and both of our war machines are over stretched to the extent of not being able to protect our homeland if a real threat where to arrise!

The arabs want us off their soil,we have raped their natural resources for too long and it is very reasonable to think that other countries may not want other nations dictating terms of business to them!They dont hate us for our freedoms,and the USA isnt the land of the free and brave.You used to be respected but those days are long gone and now good old Tony put this country in the same position.

I think we have bullied enough Arabs,lets leave the Persians alone.There not invading and occupying other countries,there keeping certainly helping their Shia brothers in Iraq-and they have every right too!The problem with Israel and Iran needs to be solved,there has been a lot of bad translations flying around about maps and wiping out ect..The only good thing to come out of this current situation is that Tony Blair is out of this country and over there
Mind you his wife supported the suicide bombers there a few years back in saying she understood why they felt the need to do it being opressed as they are

If you yanks think you can invade Iran you have another thing coming,the insurgents your fighting in Iraq will unite and decimate that tiny part of Bagdad you have any power in-the green zoon would have to be emptied quickly.I hope that mad Condi,Bush and the other dispicable warmongers are forcefully told not too by the good american people who have had enough of this shamefull war.

[edit on 15-8-2007 by noangels2006]
(edit to LOL at the post just below me!*rolls eyes*)

[edit on 15-8-2007 by noangels2006]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Another far left opinion that just reiterated what everyone before you just said in one post. For the record when Sadam took power the standard of living in that country went down not when that US went in. If they accept aid from Iran they will be worse off than when Saddam was running things.

People robbing people because they have no jobs happen all the time and liberal judges across the US let them off due to sympathy for there situation. By the way it was a joke.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I really am amazed by how far extreme left wing the people on this site are. Its amazing and scary. I support my government, CIA, FBI, ICE, NSA, the Patriot Act, and killing terrorists. I assume you don’t share the same views lol. You have to live in the present not the past. There is no time machine that that can erase what was done. Its time to fight to preserve our way of life and if that includes killing 10,000 terrorists to save 1 freedom loving person. I'll bring the ammo boy's…it's on me. Hell I would donate the money for a missile if I knew it would kill some Al Qaeda.

Wow, you scare me!

I like many on this board believe in America and the Constitution. But I don’t trust those in our government, they no longer represent or are accountable to the people.

It is my right to question these people and their actions. I would never blindly support my government and the agencies with in the government.

I hope you took the time to read all of the 2 Patriot acts before you give your blind support. It is a lot of reading, some scary reading.

As for living in the past, all the answers we need for the coming years lie in the past. We are approaching times and we have a scary parallel to look at and it is the rise of Nazi Germany. I see to many things that coincide with the rise of the Nazi’s.

I refuse to allow this to happen I will not sacrifice my safety for my freedom.

Big Joe, if you are so gung ho with our soldier’s lives why don’t you enlist and fight.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

Originally posted by pavil
When a nations "defense force" is in another nation supplying weapons and expertise that are killing Coalition forces, ie shaped charge IEDs and Rockets, then they cease becoming a national "defense" force and officially go on the offense.

The CIA supplied the weapons in Afghanistan to kill russian troops.

The CIA gave sadam hussein chemical agents.

does that also now mean the CIA is a terrorist organisation?

by your own defination - yes they are.

Was the CIA having operatives of US nationality caught in Afghanistan with the Mujaheddin? The CIA is a spy agency that does clandestine/ covert operations. Was a branch of the Armed forces involved?

Similar yet different. You could say we were supporting a resistance that targeted only military targets. The Soviets would have called it terrorism or funding guerrillas and from their perspective would be right. The Soviet Union at any time could have cut off all economic and political ties with the U.S. and applied sanctions if they felt so strongly about it. It was their right as a sovereign nation. Did they? I forget.

Do the Shiites that Iran is backing in Iraq want the US out or do they want to install a Shiite, Iran Dominated, government more? That is the question. Take a look at the Shiite groups involved in armed struggle and you will see who has sponsored and backed them. The main religious Shia leader in Iraq has not supported those groups aims.

[edit on 15-8-2007 by pavil]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Given our history around the world the Iranian government could just as easily designate the U.S. Military and the CIA as terrorist groups as well. Really all militarises are to one degree or another... after all war is nothing but sanctioned terror on a grand scale no matter the excuse.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
USA killed Saddam and his 2 sons to make Iraq a better country, and what
a country it has become. People are now able to run around freely and blow
themselves up. I have always wanted to do that!
IF you do your research more people are dying now then when Saddam was
in power. I used to live in Iraq 1986-1993. It was a good country compared
to what it is now.
So you stand by the CIA and the other organizations right? Have you read the Family Jewels that came out? It seemed like USA was spying on their
citizens before terrorists started to come around.

Now lets say Iran invaded America what would you do to protect your country? would you stand up and fight? because that is what Iraqi's are doing. I admit they are not doing it in the best of their natures, however they do what they must to get the US and other country troops out of there.
Also, thanks to USA the Iraqi civilization is in a civil war. I wouldn't blame
that on terrorists, because when Saddam was in power he kept them in
check.

I also want you to see what the CIA are up to on their free time.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please have a read at it.

[edit on 15-8-2007 by Equinox99]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Equinox99 if the US was invaded they would so what happend during their independence, they would call the french

^that was a joke so do not take a it seriously (seriously it was a joke)

i dont get some people here
they say that its ok for one nation to break the rules and take actions that costs the lives of thousends of people, but when its the other way round they cry out foul play?

as said before and repeated over by many members

you cant have it both ways

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I cant believe that we are designating a National military to be Terrorists.

The people who join that guard are probably everyday people who want to be soldiers, just like our US soldiers. They are not US citizens, so they join their military, the Iranian Military. I'm not sure how the military works over there however, whether its manditory or not. If military service is manditory (like in Israel) then this is even worse!

We aren't just targeting this group as terrorists, we are targeting Iran. These people are just like us, they just dont live in the US. Is it so wrong that they joined their nations military? the nation that they were born and grew up in...

This is Rediculous. I'm probably a Terrorist for disagreeing with this decision.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
People in the United States consider themselves the good guys, well look
at who is winning this war. The people who dominate the war right the history,
not the other way around.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
this could go on all day. my involement in the military or lack there of is not the dissusion at hend right not. I never said that you werent entilted to your opinions. You are and i respect them. We are on oposite ends of the table on these issues and i have a feeling that this could go on all day. Gentlemen as many of you i'm sure would love to see me cut and run LOL. I'm at work and have slacked all day to talk on this board. I will be back. Its actually been quite fun.

God bless our armed forces

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Cheers man! We win this battle!!!

I'm just kidding, I am sure we all will be looking forward for
your return. Nice debating with you!

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm starting to wonder if folks should get out of the major large cities here in the US.

You know move out to the middle of nowhere namely.
WWIII seems a very possible outcome to all this mess.
War is Terror, no ands, ifs or buts about it, no matter who's side your on.

Then there's the possibility of economic collapse as a direct result of this as well, which would effect EVERYONE in the US, some more then others, we can kiss the middle class good-bye and that would suit the Elites just fine.

- W -
* This is getting more insane every day, isn't it ? *

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join