It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News/CNN Sold Us Out & Destroyed The Evidence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I am apparently one of the VERY few people who had tuned in to cable news around 8:47AM on Tuesday, September 11th 2001. I say this because virtually everything that was shown on FOX News and CNN between 8:47 and 9:00 has been either completely wiped off the face of the earth, or severely altered.

I had some rare time home from work on 9/11 and watched the whole production from soup to nuts, thanks to my wife who woke me up and advised me to check out FOX News. CBS, NBC, and ABC did not break from their regular programming until shortly before the South Tower was attacked.

There were glaring discrepancies on the part of FOX/CNN from the very outset, which somehow have managed to remain totally obscured from 9/11 discussions. The footage I am referring to was very damning, and shortly after the tragedy I set out to find it in what would become an endless search.

It consumed literally all of my spare time which was very limited, as I wasn't home very much between 2000-05. My job required extensive travel and I had to drive from place to place, hauling my tools around and living in hotels. Many times my wife and daughter would catch a flight to the various cities so we could spend weekends together.

Initially, I looked for help on internet forums and was either completely ignored or relentlessly ridiculed (kook, tin foiler, etc) into submission. Back then, the 'party liners' were uber-aggressive and my posts would quickly get buried by these 'patriots'. What these people were doing on conspiracy forums, I have not a clue [/sarcasm].

What it all boils down to is this:

The incriminating footage of FOX/CNN was not entered into news archives on the internet, niether in video form nor text dialogue. I used every search tool and key word I could think of to no avail...for years. There still isn't even an essay or editorial on the subject that I can find. There are video archives available now that are being represented as recordings of the live reports. These are fake reproductions that do not vaguely resemble what was shown on TV.

Here is my description of what my wife and I saw on FOX/CNN during the opening act of 9/11:

When the biggest story of the century initially broke, the reports were sketchy at best. The consensus was that a Cessna type plane had somehow hit the WTC North Tower and the situation was being portrayed as non-threatening. The damage was reported as mostly cosmetic in nature; affecting only a small area inside the tower which did not pose any threat to workers in the rest of the building.

There was no reason to doubt the story; the images they were showing fit the description. Nonetheless, this was certainly an unusual development and the news anchors appeared to be nervous and lacking their usual continuity. Meanwhile, a slightly out of focus camera shot showed the WTC with just a faint wisp of smoke wafting out of the wound. The camera did not zoom in on the damage for a closer look and I remember squinting at the TV.

They didn't pan down to the street level and when FOX went to commercial, I flipped the channel to CNN only to see the exact same angle from a stationary camera with no audio. (After later seeing video footage shot by various eyewitnesses which showed that heavy smoke was billowing from the North Tower, the images being broadcast live to the masses must have been from a premade recording of some sort)

There were not any field reporters dispatched to the WTC by CNN or FOX. No colorful eye witness accounts live at the scene that you would expect. Nope.. nothing like that. They must not have fielded any phone calls from good sources, looked out the window, or removed their heads from their collective asses that morning. At this early juncture of 9/11, there was a clear and present danger.

What happened next was incomprehensible. The news anchors on both CNN and FOX News encouraged people who worked in and around the WTC that it was business as usual. Pressing on their ear pieces and hesitating between sentences, it was as if someone was carefully choosing their words for them.

They SPECIFICALLY and repeatedly advised employees of Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley that it was going to be a BIG TRADING DAY and they were going to miss out on hefty commissions if they didn't come in to work. This was extremely peculiar. An obvious question would be why did the NYSE even sound the opening bell that day? Anyone see a pattern yet?

Instead of warning of the inherent dangers and urging people to stay clear of the WTC, they were actually giving the "all clear". Something was important enough to put more lives in harms way while risking that which is supposedly dearest to news agencies - a little thing called CREDIBILITY. Who is responsible for the muzzle of secrecy that was firmly imposed on the media the morning of 9/11? How much did FOX/CNN get in return for their souls?

I guess we've all been led to believe that in an age of breaking news stories from highly competitive networks who thrive on being the first on the scene; a jumbo jet could roar into NYC striking a national landmark during RUSH HOUR while being mistaken for a CESSNA. We've all heard the old adage 'bad news travels fast'. Maybe it headed out across the Atlantic Ocean and had to circumnavigate the globe on 9/11, along with those scrambled F-15 fighters.

It wasn't until the second tower exploded that the nightmarish pseudo-reality became apparent to the viewing public in a sick example of shock TV. Wouldn't you just know it...that coincidentally, NOBODY was on commercial break at 9:03 when the real fireworks started. The money shot.

The shock value was so great that the media's previous total and utter lack of news gathering capabilities went virtually unnoticed. Then, and only then; CNN and Fox News finally started performing the job that their trusting viewers had come to expect: 'Heroically' reporting on the worst 'terrorist' attack ever, while solidifying their bond with one of the most terrified, naive herd of sheep in the world.

The NYSE didn't close until 9:32AM, despite the financial district being surrounded by death and destruction. Some timelines have no record of it opening at all. I wonder how many people in the news industry took the time to make a few trades during this little window of opportunity?

Peter Jennings wasn't in on it. He called them out live on TV, referencing controlled demolition. Rest in peace brother

[edit on 8/10/07 by HaveSeen4Myself]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Did you check the digital archive? There is a long thread on this forum about the videos of that day. I am quite sure you might find what you are looking for.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Fascinating and provocative post. I didn't see any reporting on 9/11 until after the towers had fallen, when the networks were well into that endless tape-reel of destruction.

Hopefully other members saw these early reports and will post here, and there must be literally thousands of home recordings of the news reports lurking out there.

As for the "all calm" message, it's well documented that the word went out in the wtc to stay put, business as usual, after the first impact. This is a major theme of survivor testimony and that of the families of those who died as well--especially those terrible last phone calls with those trapped regretting having listened to the "advice" to stay put, instead of acting on their gut instinct to get out as soon as possible.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

The chances of anyone having this on TIVO, DVR, or VHS are very slim for a few reasons. I imagine hordes of people recorded the broadcast of 9/11 after the South Tower explosion. Up until that happened, however, the unconfirmed Cessna twist and the minor damage being reported made it seem like just another quirky story. Anyone who might have caught such an [alleged] non-event on tape would have to be recording the news 24/7. CNN and FOX both broke for commercials at least twice during the approx. 15 minute time span, further passing it off as insignificant. I watched MS-NBC also, but only briefly when CNN and FOX went to commercial at the same time.

I also believe that there is a very concerted effort to make sure this footage never reaches the mainstream. If videos were posted on utube, google, etc, I'm sure they would have been taken down within moments, along with somebody's harddrive. I have even been hesitant to start this thread, but recent events have convinced me to pull out all the stops. I'm sending the OP to several Democratic newspapers along with permission to print it free of charge. I encourage everyone else to do the same.

As for the digital archive, the footage is not authentic for that 15 minute period of 9/11. It's all a very convincing fabrication, unless you were watching along that day. I also think that when they prematurely reported the WTC 7 collapse on BBC and CNN, this was the result of a whistleblower who probably was included in the body count on 9/11.

As for me, I'm not scared either.

[edit on 8/10/07 by HaveSeen4Myself]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
HaveSeen4Myself,

I was also home that day and remember seeing news mention on my local station first that a small type plane hit WTC. I then turned to CNN and saw as they were reporting about a small cessna hitting the first tower. I then switched to the canadian coverage and saw the 2nd plane hit. That's when EVERYONE jumped on board and this was all over the stations.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I have to say I remember the same thing. I also was not able to find any of the news clips from prior to the second tower being struck. I was at work that morning... oddly, we were testing a cable line in our front office. Anyway, I watched the entire day with my boss. We didn't miss a minute.

The op is right. The media presented it as if it was not a big deal. Planes have struck buildings before and it didn't end the world. But then the second plane and the *stuff* hit the fan. Now it was a full-on terrorist attack complete with "controlled demolition" commentary and everything. Funny, that disappeared, too.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Funny, I remember the same exact thing. I also clearly remember the lack of hesitation on the part of CNN to conclude that there was a threat of any sort. After the initial reports I turned off the T.V and went about my business simply because I thought it was no biggie. A few hours later I was being told "YOU DIDN'T HEAR? THE WORLD TRADE CENTER FELL!" and was asking "How did a Cessna manage to do that?" and boy was I in for a surprise when I got back to the T.V.

I got multiple calls from my family back in Europe after the second tower fell, even though I don't live in New York. They were all telling me how the Hungarian news (non-BBC) was showing CNN feeds and chronology of the event. I think if you want to find these original recordings, you're going to have to dig around other countries news agencies. In fact, that's the first place I'd look to discover if there's anything left over.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
My wife recorded several news programs Sept. 11th, 12th, 13th & 14th. Just ran up on the tapes last weekend.

Now what I've watch all the videos on YouTube and GoogleVideo, maybe I'll go back through and see if I see anything that's "new" or actually things that are old and most footage isn't shown.

I'll get to this someday this weekend.

EDIT:

I also remember what I heard. I was working and a girl beside me was on the internet and said, "Hmm, a plane just hit the WTC. They think it was a Cesna." I thought to myself, "What a dumb ass." and went back to work. It wasn't until the 2nd plane hit that we fianlly realized, of course.

I have no idea if the tapes we have recorded have the initial video after the first hit or not. But now that I'm thinking about it, I'm very curious to find out. I didn't even know my wife when she recorded these so I have no idea what's on the tapes.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donoso
...I think if you want to find these original recordings, you're going to have to dig around other countries news agencies. In fact, that's the first place I'd look to discover if there's anything left over....

Have a look at the following site:

Dear visitor The web has no memory - unless it is created.

This collection of screen shots from over 250 news sites around the world was taken on Sep 11 and 12, 2001. We hope the archive will serve the education of the online news industry and further its quality. Our logs tell us that it also has helped historians, researchers, students, teachers, journalists and many others.

For news/updates around this site and further links go to the UPDATE-Page. It could well be that further developments will need another effort at collecting the web memory. The September Weblog has commented links to fresh or re-indexed sites (irregular updates)

May this collection also serve as a humble memorial. We very much appreciate your interest and your contribution. Thank you.

Source

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
So Fox and CNN didn't want to be responsible for a panic over what, at that point, may still have been an accident? This is somehow not a valid interperetation of events?

Just look at any major news event, the first 15 minutes they're always trying to figure out what's going on and if it's a real emergency or just a misunderstanding. The different thing about 9/11 is the attacks were still going on for those 15 minutes.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
At 9 am, New York times had the following article online:

It's funny how google wasn't updated until 9:54 am:

Also, found this Fox headline. See how it mentions United flight is missing, not crashed.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by quintar
Also, found this Fox headline. See how it mentions United flight is missing, not crashed.

They do that all the time. Until you find wreckage, a plane is "missing."

People seem to be forgetting that there was much confusion that day.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I find it quite interesting, in that fox news snapshot, that the president was already vowing to "hunt down those responsible for these attacks" a mere 3 hours after they occured. That is damning evidence right there. Would you not be consoling your country and vowing to "discover what was behind this attack" unless you had prior knowledge? Hmm?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
i remember that morning, I worked in a microchip producing factory....

wow i just had an epithany. That factory was huge. there were 200 people leaving the building, and probably more than double that coming in. Intel Fab 22 at its height of production. i had to walk i would say about between 1/3 and 1/2 of a mile from my station to my car. The night shift got off at 6 am and there was a 15 minute overlap in shift for 'shift change'.

I saw literally hundreds of people beween quarter till and 10 after. Arizona does not have daylight savings time so we were 3 hours behind EST on that day.

Here is the clincher: This was (still is) a state of the art factory. there were hundreds of internet connections and literally every employee had a 2 way pager. Many of those people including myself subscribed to outside news sources. My news headlines did not go off, and not one person mentioned the incident. There was no 'Buzz' nor 'word around the campfire' that morning. This is especially odd since standard procedure was to blow off the end of your shift. The managers took the numbers to the shift manager at 5am so you werent really responsible for anymore work unless you were in the middle of fixing something. Many of my co workers were logged onto terminals and said nothing.

I never saw it happen 'live'. i saw it on msnbc.com when i got home. How odd that no one said anything. I cant imagine that you would not mention what is quite possibly the begining of a world war if it just happened and you knew about it. It certainly was all they talked about that night. They even gave anyone who wanted it free time off if your family was effected.

i never even thought of this untill reading this thread. thanks.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
We need ot see footage of the news reports so the discussion can be furthered. I am surprised that the evidence is was not obtained before this thread was implemented.

I my self was on enroute to work in Washington when I heard about both crashes on a local news station. They made no mention of what type of plane. I could not believe the local news was "dumbfounded" that "two planes crashed into the towers on the same day??? How could that ever happen."

It's not Fox or CNN that suck. They all do. They are all just a bunch of suits and skirts - talking puppets.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I was in school when it happen, a girl came late into my 2nd periord call that startesd at 905, she sadi that a small plane had hit the WTC, and my teacher dissmissed it, for the next 100 mins we had to do chemistry, it was only when i reached my next class did i start watching on TV.

There are archives of most of the photoage of that day, you should be able to find the segment you are looking for.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I was at work that day, when I got a call from the nurse I had just relieved telling me a plane had crashed into the WTC. I work in a small community hospital in an ICU which, at that time, did not have any TV's. We did have a radio, which I turned on immediately, and then listened between caring for my patients, and getting prepared for a possible influx of victims from some related act. (I live in the mid-south region, and since my access to information was limited, I assumed this might be a co-ordinated nationwide terrorist attack.)
I didn't get to see any of the visuals until I arrived home, about 8 pm. The radion station I was listening to was an ABC affiliate, so I did hear Jennings reporting, and taking the high ground on this. I just wish I could remember what he said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The truth is out there-if you can handle it

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
www.archive.org...

That site has BBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN & Fox coverage from before the attacks happened all the way through. Might help. I've never watched continuous US coverage so it might help me see where the OP is coming from.

Yeah there was confusion on the day. I was in bed with flu (in Scotland) and the 14.00 hrs BBC radio news bulletin said a light aircraft had crashed into the World Trade Centre. I was so unconcerned I didn't even get out of bed to switch the tv on, fell asleep and slept all the way through. Bit of a shocker waking up later on.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Fox News/CNN Sold Us Out & Destroyed The Evidence

Ok, answering the initial post from HaveSeen4Myself.

Like this member, I, too, watched the 9/11 events as they occurred via the same 2 media channels and "from soup to nuts"--and I will never forget any of it. I can definitely vouch for most of what was posted and state, here, that I have shared both the suspicions and the search (including the Pentagon). For those of you who have demanded "evidence" of the 9/11 "conspiracy"---guess what?--most of the truly damning footage has been destroyed by the very people who took it. What you have left to accept or reject is the eyewitnesses on-site in NY and those of us who had the time and interest to stay riveted to the visual media during the event, and draw your own conclusions. I just know that what this person is saying is valid, and I am a witness to it.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Go here to see what one group has been posting to the Net, appropriately named "THe Memory Hole"
www.thememoryhole.org...

The most interesting is the 5 min (not 2 min) footage of Bush doing nothing when told of the second plane.

Then Rumsfield's remarks about a "missile"...

"It is a truth that a terrorist can attack any time, any place, using any technique and it's physically impossible to defend at every time and every place against every conceivable technique. Here we're talking about plastic knives and using an American Airlines flight filed with our citizens, and the missile to damage this building and similar (inaudible) that damaged the World Trade Center. The only way to deal with this problem is by taking the battle to the terrorists, wherever they are, and dealing with them."

Still looking for pre 0900 footage...

[edit on 8/10/07 by rezial666]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join