It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big event on it way

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by swesais
How is Russia,China and Iran demonized??

How's the weather under that rock?

Originally posted by swesais
There are happenig the same events that is U.S. Nothning more and nothing less.I dont know about you,but I have U.S. channels and Russian channels and in real dont see any difference.

Does the Russian media demonizing the United States change my aforementioned statement? I fail to see how it does.

The echo chamber of the corporate media is running over time in the last month or so with anti-Chinese stories. The same media is now starting to rev up with the anti-Russian stories (Arctic any one?). And the anti-Iranian spiel has been going on for about 28 years now.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
And what did you expect??That media would tell everything is fine??They are living on that! I havent see any media source in my lifetime, that would be fully trustable and objective!! I think that people are glad to see and hear that there are some big bad Russia,China or U.S., who they can blame about all problems in the world. It is not demonizig its an simply propaganda that keeps people eyes of what is really happening in they country's.It's always easyer to say that U.S or China is the source off all problems,than say yes that is problem of our selfs!!

Even this tread-peoples are thinking that something imminent is comming,something terrible.From my point of wiew every next day is imminet and terrible for someone over the globe.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
I can tell you what it will be:

o Dogs and cats will start living together;
o There will be an unnatural proliferation of the apostrophe;
o People will realize the difference between your and you're;
o Another new poster will claim they can 'move stuff with there (sic) mind';
o Someone will start a threat on how a high an IQ they have and misspell both 'genious' and 'intellegence'.
o Many will see it as just another day at ATS (sigh)

By far the funniest thing i've read here in a while. Mind you I usually stay away from the 'encounter' threads. Thanks for putting a smirk on my face.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles

Make sure to pull your money out of the bank, not that you will need it lol, stock up on a supply ect... Read the survival threads here and good luck with everything else.

Yeah, stock up on duct tape and tin foil.

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Aren't "things" already happening?
Things have always happened, and will continue to happen until they stop happening.

If you are getting a bit bored with your life, and you want something Big to happen, then stop waiting for someone else to do it to you... go make something happen for yourself.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleek12
I have a feeling in the next week or so we will be seeing a major event happen

I couldn't agree more. I too am seeing all the signs. My wife is having mood swings, she's rather irritable and cries for no apparent reason. Yes, there is a major event on the way and it happens about this time every month.

I usually just keep out of her way till it passes, then clear sailing for the next 3 weeks.

Major event indeed.

Regards....kk

[edit on 9-8-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
My prediction is that the WWW. and the use there of will be deemed an offense against God and his Saints. Punishable by a sound spanking.

However this might bear watching..........

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this looks kinda spooky.......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9-8-2007 by whaaa]

[edit on 9-8-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
Perhaps we just want something bad to happen so that the current situation can be alleviated. We perceive this situation as one of hardship, when in fact, it could be much worse.

Now, I don't say this so that I can dissuade anyone from thinking about it, because I myself think something is coming as well. But, the point here is that maybe we're replacing the desire to change our current situation with the desire that someone else will do it for us. Just a thought...

TheBorg

Bingo...............couldn't agree more. Some people's lives are so staid and boring, they want something bad to happen to create a diversion from their hapless, "everyday's the same" existence. Some people thrive on controversy and conflict. But, they'll be the first one's to moan and groan if a bad happening impacts their life in a negative way instead of sucking it up and trying to make things better. They'll just throw up their hands and succumb to it instead of taking a proactive stand and attempting to survive if it's a life or death situation. I myself am going to live each day to the fullest. If something happens tomorrow, so be it. Until it does though, I'm not gonna sit and dwell on something that may or may not happen within the next day or 20 years from now.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
sleek12.welcome to ATS

Can you elaborate on what it is that seems to have your attention right now? What set you off?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable

Originally posted by TheBorg
Perhaps we just want something bad to happen so that the current situation can be alleviated. We perceive this situation as one of hardship, when in fact, it could be much worse.

Bingo...............couldn't agree more. Some people's lives are so staid and boring, they want something bad to happen to create a diversion from their hapless, "everyday's the same" existence. Some people thrive on controversy and conflict.

I don't think it's that people's lives are so boring that they want something big to happen. I think it's just that there's so many noticeable things going on that could add up to or lead onto something big happening, but it just never happens.

So we have all these predictions saying "oh look at all these small things happening, surely that means that something big is going to happen in the next week". But it never does, we just keep getting loads of small things and it all keeps adding up and up and people get tenser and tenser until eventually they just want the big thing to happen just so that they don't have to feel paranoid any more.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join