It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about a particular sensastion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This has been happening for a while.
When my hands not touching anything it feels almost as if theres a slight pressure touching it, as if a ghostly sheet is running accross it, but at the same time it feels like when two magnets repell, espically when i put my hand together.

It all started when i had this dream, running fallowing someone down a road with HUGE, and TALL trees around it, just running and running, then for some reason I looked backwards then when i looked forwards I felt a huge rushing feeling, the person was gone and i was at a cross roads, like an intersection basicly of two roads, but no signs or lights or anything, i looked left then right then suddenly woke up, the moment i woke up i felt that same rush but ten fold, and from that moment on ive felt this sensation on my hand.

Anyone feel the same, or have any idea of what it may be?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Sounds like your tactile pressure sensitivity's gone thru the roof ever since you've had this dream. I have no idea why that would happen. I'm going to do some sniffing around on the intarweb and see what I can turn up.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by uberarcanist]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Renshin

All I can think it can be, is the mysterious force known as chi.

When you put both hands close together, and concentrate on the feeling, after a while, move your hand back and fourth, does the feeling change as you move your hands?

[edit on 7-8-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
OK...have you had any injuries to a nerve(s) or your brain lately?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
sometimes the brain fires random synapses for a yet unexplaned reason. I have heard of something called phantom pains. Its when you are missing a limb or a finger..any extremety, and you get the sensation of pain in that missig extremety. The body has a very high strung nervouse system.. the dream could have produced some sort of trauma to your brains synapses making them fire in an unatural way...this sensation could be a residual effect of that and your bodies attempting to correct it.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

All I can think it can be, is the mysterious force known as chi.

When you put both hands close together, and concentrate on the feeling, after a while, move your hand back and fourth, does the feeling change as you move your hands?

[edit on 7-8-2007 by _Phoenix_]

it does that without me even thinking
automaticly its like when you put two magnets together
otherwise i just constantly feel it on my left hand

and @ uberarcanist thank you and, no i havnt, and ive noticed that it is alot more apparent in places that are apprently "haunted"

and i see what you guys are saying but something tells me this is more on the paranormal side than the health side. im normally quite apt at diffrenciating (sp) the two.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   

When my hands not touching anything it feels almost as if theres a slight pressure touching it, as if a ghostly sheet is running accross it, but at the same time it feels like when two magnets repell, espically when i put my hand together.

It all started when i had this dream, running fallowing someone down a road with HUGE, and TALL trees around it, just running and running, then for some reason I looked backwards then when i looked forwards I felt a huge rushing feeling, the person was gone and i was at a cross roads, like an intersection basicly of two roads, but no signs or lights or anything, i looked left then right then suddenly woke up, the moment i woke up i felt that same rush but ten fold, and from that moment on ive felt this sensation on my hand.

I've had a very, very similar dream. How odd!The feeling in your hand -(and this is my theory alone) - it could be that when you had your dream you were in an out-of-body state and you didn't get right back in, or your hand was the last bit to re-enter the body?. I've had very similar experiences, like someone's leaning on the back of my hand. The worst has been with my legs. Years ago I started waking up above myself in bed, floating out-of-body. I'd get the "sleep paralysis" thing afterwards but later in the day I found walking wierd , as if my legs were crossing through each other as I took a step. I tend to believe we have two bodies, the physical and the astral or what I've heard called the bio-physical field. Sometimes (I think) they can come out of alignment and that's when we get the strange sensations. I once knew an "abductee" who felt her arm was on backwards after an encounter & it lasted for days. And we've all heard of amputees who want to scratch the foot they no longer have. I also agree with Newyorkee's explanation but I think the one theory doesn't necessarily exclude the other.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Well, I can't really be sure what it is in your case, but I have a similar sensation in my hands when I'm manipulating Psi. Which, I suppose is the same kind of energy as Chi, just not Chi.

For more info take a look at...
www.psionicsonline.net...

And then look at this for info if you're interested in practicing Psionics...
www.psipog.net...

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit

I've had a very, very similar dream. How odd!The feeling in your hand -(and this is my theory alone) - it could be that when you had your dream you were in an out-of-body state and you didn't get right back in, or your hand was the last bit to re-enter the body?. I've had very similar experiences, like someone's leaning on the back of my hand. The worst has been with my legs. Years ago I started waking up above myself in bed, floating out-of-body. I'd get the "sleep paralysis" thing afterwards but later in the day I found walking wierd , as if my legs were crossing through each other as I took a step. I tend to believe we have two bodies, the physical and the astral or what I've heard called the bio-physical field. Sometimes (I think) they can come out of alignment and that's when we get the strange sensations. I once knew an "abductee" who felt her arm was on backwards after an encounter & it lasted for days. And we've all heard of amputees who want to scratch the foot they no longer have. I also agree with Newyorkee's explanation but I think the one theory doesn't necessarily exclude the other.

Odd Indeed!

I aggree with the double body thing, ive noticed that I can move my 'etheric' body or whatever you want to call it independantly of my real body, its a part of how I do the repelling thing, I sort of puch my etheric right hand just beside it, palm-to-back-of-hand but both my right hand, then move them
towards the left hand, i think that ties in with your idea because the etheric right hand may just be manipulating the bits of the etheric left hand thats leaking out.

Very interesting, I awate any further ideas, we may be on to something quite neat here.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I have held my hands cupped together together and if I concentrate on "warm" I can create the sensation of "something" between them. It's like a ball that repels both hands but flows at the same time. I just do it for fun sometimes, but I never really thought about what it was or what it means. There are too many other things going on all the time....lol... sometimes "that's weird" suffices for me. I don't know how I would feel if I had that sensation all the time though, that would trouble me just a bit..... do you have a sensation of pressure? If so is it internal or external? just curious here.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The feeling you feel I feel alot, throughout my entire body(against my will, except when I think about a bitten peanut) & my hands(at will), except I do not feel this magnetic push. That's strange, the push I mean.

I do not know what it is, but I believe it is somethng greater than any phsyical thing. It's something spiritual. The dream you had seems to be some sort of awakening for it...or early stage of something to that degree. It can disappear entirely I'm sure. I doubt it's anything bad, or of a health hazard. Although it won't hurt to see a doctor about it, although I wouldn't.

new topics

top topics

join