It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW!! Qigong magic..jeEEez, if this is real..Whew!!Must Watch Very Interesting!!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
You know what would have been really awesome? If this fake, jack ass, would have stepped onto a SCALE, not mysterious framed "paper."

As far as generating heat goes, I can do that too.. All warm blooded creatures generate heat, as it is a byproduct of energy expenditure. How he is able to heat up, again, NOT a THERMOMETER, but "middle man" tool, which is said to be paper wrapped around tin-foil, escapes me.

What I think, humbly, is the reason this guy is on Riplys, not a Biology journal, is because there is some fraud involved -- whether intentional or unintentional.

Btw, how long has tinfoil been around? Did all the ancient practitioners of "Che Gong" use brand-name tinfoil, or has this guy just adopted a modern spin on an ancient art?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anomic of Nihilism
One video and they're ALL fruads yeah

I only had to see how one card trick was done and I pretty much figured out the entire shtick.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
wow great video, Beats me if they are fake, it could be possible and at same time it can't be. It got me thinking what would Jesus say? Fake or Real. got to go sleepy.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
After reading all the thread, I decided I didn't want to be a part of this one, and removed my post, sorry!

[edit on 4-9-2007 by bobafett]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'm leaning quite a bit towards belief, but I've been known to be wrong before. That belief is based on the experiences I've had throughout different points in my life. I've never studied a martial art, but I used to meditate every night. I don't mean to sound cheesy but some of the doors I unlocked in my mind... well lets just say there are some things you just can't unlearn, and some "talents" that are more dangerous than a loaded gun. Of course I can't prove any of it, but like I said, it's my personal experiences that tip the scale for me...

And for those want to learn how to harness "chi" I'd like to give a strong word of caution before you begin. Find an experienced teacher to guide you. There are "things" out there that are attracted to the energy, like moths to a flame. Some are good, most are indifferent, and some you just don't want to mess with. -peace-

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
Gee, whiz folks. It's a magic trick, just like they do in Las Vegas. It belongs in the same thread as the discussion of Criss Angel's "real" supernatural powers.

One would think that after all this time and all the effort that real magicians have put into explaining how these things work, that there would be just a few less gullible people in the world who are suckered by this stuff. Oh, well. I guess it's true that there's a sucker born every minute... and two to take 'em.

So you are telling me all the scientific instruments they used were incorrect?
That the people he heals were all a part of the scam? These videos provide evidence to back up the claims. You, my friend, do no such thing. Your assumption is based on nothing. Please provide proof for your hypothesis.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnocentBystander

The Bible is full of stories of healing. Proof of a miracle such as this is one of the criteria for declaring someone a saint. Christianity is full of stories of stigmata, bi-location, raising the dead, visions, and the like. What makes this witchcraft?

Do you think Jesus would dissaprove of healing people and meditation?

Nope.

In fact, I think Jesus and the other healers practiced a "psuedo-qigong" technique, and a solid meditation technique, often combined with fasting, or ingesting unusual stuffs of the earth, and possibly some things that the ancient chinese who invented the qigong and tai chi and all that didn't even know.

If Jesus was divinely inspired, or more capable than a normal man, he is going to use the human body to its maximum ability. This didn't include hurting, just healing, and teaching. Simply focusing on the healing, some of the healing moments in the new testament involve the usage of earth elements like dirt from the ground, or base earth items like bread/fish/water.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
Gee, whiz folks. It's a magic trick, just like they do in Las Vegas. It belongs in the same thread as the discussion of Criss Angel's "real" supernatural powers.

One would think that after all this time and all the effort that real magicians have put into explaining how these things work, that there would be just a few less gullible people in the world who are suckered by this stuff. Oh, well. I guess it's true that there's a sucker born every minute... and two to take 'em.

So you are telling me all the scientific instruments they used were incorrect?
That the people he heals were all a part of the scam? These videos provide evidence to back up the claims. You, my friend, do no such thing. Your assumption is based on nothing. Please provide proof for your hypothesis.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by CPYKOmega]

This is real ancient Chinese practice of chigong mate. Not some street magic mate.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
ok i managed to get to about page 7 of this thread. very interesting and
a lot of miss information.

I have practiced tai chi and kung fu for 15 years and studied under
some greats as well. I am yet to see any kind of magic though being able
to feel people blind folded is not so hard.
I have also studied chemistry at university.

a few notes of interest. the japanese arts are copies of the chinese.
they are missing quite a few forms of chi that are in the chinese forms.

chi is the movement of gravity in your body (or displacement) through
kenetics.

also chi can be seen as the ability to move your body with the most
potential energy possible through set movements that allow multiple muscles
to work together and form a chain like effect or in the case of a move
like return to mountain leave the practitioner standing in a inmoveable
stance.

of note I think you will find is that if one was to use electricity to heat something.

paper is not a good medium, it is used in resistors and capacitors
due to its insulating properties.
pure water of course conducts electricity and will also go through an
electrolysis reaction releasing hydrogen and oxygen.

having said these things I am still a beliver of psycological influence
through thought and maby even the ability to effect the physical as well.

a few things of interest are that string theory states that gravity is the
only form of energy that travels through dimensions. (quantum is out
of date thats for sure and please remeber the fact they call them theories.)

every thing with a mass emits gravity.

also the biggest idea of interst is of course that qi gong is banned in
china becouse the goverment and the people are scared of the free thought
and abilities it gives the practitioner.

I have been trying to find the true forms of qi gong for a wail now and
all I can find are silly paint the rainbows and cloud hands which are
already in yang style which I already practice.

chi will not fix vision problems ......

is it real I dont care it still does not show me the true forms so its
of no use to any of us.

to me it sounds like some one with an ego problem.
if you could do these things you would probably keep them to your self.
especially if you were from china.

I wonder did that master truly stop the rain or did he just feel it was
about to stop.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Qi Gong is a very real serious thing, i'm a novice to this forum but less so to the practice of Qi Gong.
People believe what they wish, some assume there is no other life in the universe without even looking?????? I have no idea what the full potential of the human brain is but most seem to think it does not go much further than the physical sciences.
How do you measure an energy that exist outside the trappings of western science? Does man know and understand every force or energy that exist?
Some like myself prefer that so many think practicing Qi Gong (or Nei Gong) is just a load of nonsense, this is good, it keeps them away from it all.
Some just refuse to believe nothing other than what they consider "normal" is possible, this is good, again it keeps them away.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join