It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW!! Qigong magic..jeEEez, if this is real..Whew!!Must Watch Very Interesting!!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I have never said that I dont beieve in Chi/ki, but I believe that its more of a visulisation technique to improve ones reactions, speed and concentration.
Derren Brown would be laughing his socks off about some of the statements you have made about him (I can tell that you have never watched one of his shows!!), he trys to prove that you need no special powers to acheive these feats and that its all either slight of hand, illusion or hypnosis.

I suggest that you investigate Qigong practitioners and soft style martial artists who clearly demonstrate unusually Gifted Chi abilities

I have and in my opinion they are fake. Now they might believe it themselves and teach this to others without realising that this is done by fraudulent means but its still fake in my eyes.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by Kurokage]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
Hey boondock, I think I'm starting to agree with you. Just doesn't want except that these type of Chi fraudsters wouldn't stand a chance in the ring!!!

yeah, he has been spewing about all his accolades for bout 14 pages now...
the best is when he wanted me to show him somone who is as accurate or fast as bruce. i showed him a clip of cro cop knocking a dude out with a high kick in 6 seconds, but he was not impressed. he then goes to show me a fight scene from enter the dragon to demonstrate bruce lee's ability.

that alone shows total ignorance on this.....then he is on and on about his hypnotist training so that MUST mean he knows all aspects of it..
you are not going to be able to argue with this guy...
from the chi to mma to bruce lee, he has blinders on...
no matter what, nobody is going to change his mind.

there are a few people in here that know what time it is...

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I agree Boondock, its just after so many years training in martial arts I hate to see people like this led astray by misleading instuctors.
The martial arts are fantastic, from MMA to Judo, but it wont teach them to levitate or throw energy balls "dragonball" style. I truly believe that there is something for everyone when it comes to training in martial arts, all forms have something to offer even if its just confidence in oneself.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I agree Boondock, its just after so many years training in martial arts I hate to see people like this led astray by misleading instuctors.

The martial arts are fantastic, from MMA to Judo, but it wont teach them to levitate or throw energy balls "dragonball" style. I truly believe that there is something for everyone when it comes to training in martial arts, all forms have something to offer even if its just confidence in oneself.

i agree with that whole post..martial arts are great. from mma to traditional martial arts. they just offer different things. i can't seem to get it to sink into this dudes head though that these traditional styles of martial arts are not effective in real world, real fighting situations...
how can you educate someone that argues their point with movie footage and 10 second clips of a guy not even hitting anything...

that don't mean traditionals are worthless. i acknowledged pages back they they are great for fitness, flexability, discipline, and many other things...what they are not good for is practical fighting..THAT has been proven time and agan...

as far as all the chi goes, i acknowledged all that too. i don't doubt there is something to it and it can be channeled for lack of a better word.
i like to call it focus though. if you have great focus, you might be able to accomplish things you didn't think you could.

you will not light crap on fire with your hands or shock people so bad that the person touching the one getting shocked jumps.
it's just not gonna happen.

you can tell this dude is a bruce fanboy though as he seems to know his movies word for word.
i said something like boards don't hit back in reguards to lee and other examples and he twisted it up too. that was said in enter the dragon in this scene by this guy blah blah...

bwuahahahaahah

notice how he asks me for examples of others that train to show him their physique...i do and of course there is nothing from him in return....
he asks for footage of accurate kicks and strikes and i give it to him and he shows me clips from movies.

i give him stats, clips, pics, etc...
i get movies and stories in return.

o well.

back to the chi

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

The martial arts are fantastic, from MMA to Judo, but it wont teach them to levitate or throw energy balls "dragonball" style.

That is absolutely correct.

Which does not mean that Chi and telekinesis feats don't occur, only that they cannot be "taught" directly.

And the reason for that is because those who have that ability do not generate it from within.

They are derived from one or more Gifts of the Spirit from without

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

my Bros muay thai teacher is a a fully trained hypnotist.
Its not that difficult to do, especially if one is fully conversed in meditation (self hypnosis during mediation).

It would be a very good learning experience for you to get that person (or yourself after you read up on it) to attempt to duplicate what Derren Brown did in the video. Try to perform the "touchless" psychic blows as Brown did with just post hypnotic and auto suggestions.

Then you will know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it cannot be done, just as I am espousing, with hypnosis alone

There is also the issue of INDUCTION.

Unless one argues that Brown is doing his induction telepathically - which would be counterproductive to the stance that telekinesis is not being used - then he is not setting up his intended through hypnosis in the first place

[edit on 10-8-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I haven't read all of the posts, so don't lambaste me. Those Chi videos that open up this thread, it seems that in order for one to believe they have to be a direct witness. So unlike UFOs or alien abductions, or whatever else along those lines, all one has to do is track down a Chi master and see for themselves. That pretty much covers it right there. As I was watching I thought more than once, why doesn't the greatest and most famous skeptic of them all, the Amazing Randy, just go and have a look for himself, or anybody else for that matter who really wishes to find out. I mean compared to being in the right place at the right time in order to have a close encounter of the third kind, it's much easier to seek out a Chi master on this planet, I think. It sure seems to be. Speaking for myself, those stories, especially the second one, seem true. The quality that impresses me is that it all seems natural and unrehearsed. The child and its mother, well, it proves nothing, but it certainly begs for one who really wants to know to seek out the direct truth. That is a possibility for each and everyone of us who is able to take a trip on an airplane. And then one of us, a few, or many, would be able to relate our experiences here at ATS.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51
I haven't read all of the posts, so don't lambaste me. Those Chi videos that open up this thread, it seems that in order for one to believe they have to be a direct witness. So unlike UFOs or alien abductions, or whatever else along those lines, all one has to do is track down a Chi master and see for themselves. That pretty much covers it right there.

Nothing takes the place of experience. But one has to be open to that in order to find it and to recognize it in the first place

As I was watching I thought more than once, why doesn't the greatest and most famous skeptic of them all, the Amazing Randy, just go and have a look for himself, or anybody else for that matter who really wishes to find out. I mean compared to being in the right place at the right time in order to have a close encounter of the third kind, it's much easier to seek out a Chi master on this planet, I think. It sure seems to be. Speaking for myself, those stories, especially the second one, seem true. The quality that impresses me is that it all seems natural and unrehearsed.

The reason why the skeptics don't go out and see for themselves is because of prejudice. That is why "The Amazing Randy" and Michael Shermer (editor of Skeptic magazine) don't seek someone with a Gift of Chi/Telekinesis who does extraordinary feats. Additionally, they make a good living from being in the skeptic and debunking business.

The child and its mother, well, it proves nothing, but it certainly begs for one who really wants to know to seek out the direct truth. That is a possibility for each and everyone of us who is able to take a trip on an airplane. And then one of us, a few, or many, would be able to relate our experiences here at ATS.

A number of us have relayed some of our experience in this area.

Excellent post

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
imo this video could easily be a "fake"but at the same time i wholeheartedly belive in the possibalities of it being 100 percent true due to the simple fact we as humans only use a very small percent of our brains.who's to say what could happen when that unused portion is tapped correctly.another thing ive always felt is that there was much wisdom in the words and writings of the anciets cultures/"religions"/and spiritual belief systems......im undecided on this video but its def an interesting and thought provoking topic to me so thanks for posting.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by future flow]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
For all the wimpy people saying "this might be fake" and "could it really be true?": WAKE UP. ive seen MUCH more than this performed live, right in front of my eyes. This is only a little bit compared to what is possible. How dumb and fearful have we become to have to ask "is this really possible?" In human history we have amassed such a huge amount of evidence and documentation of humans "para"normal abilities that the mere act of questioning it is just as insane as questioning if gravity exists on earth or the earth is round.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
ive seen MUCH more than this performed live, right in front of my eyes. This is only a little bit compared to what is possible.

Can I ask what you saw, it must be interesting.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
My mother does this stuff all the time. Quite impressive. Great video.
Thank you for sharing this.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
To all the sceptics out there, this is legit.
Ive spent a lot of time in SE asia (as im buddhist) and Qi or Chi isnt slammed like it is in the western world. For the people who refer to martial arts, this guy has nothing to do with fighting, rather the opposite.
Of course there are hoaxers, thats a given, as some people have questionable morals and financial incentives to do so. That being said, once you close your mind to possibilities, you are doing nothing more than weakening your mind and joining the masses who rely on others to think for them and tell them what is right or wrong, possible or impossible.
Its not easy for a lot of westeners to get their heads around some of these realities, and its almost embarrasing to think we`re at the pinnicle of knowledge regarding what and who we are. Just because it doesnt sit nicely with what we are told is currently possible by science doesnt mean it is false or a hoax.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

For all the wimpy people saying "this might be fake" and "could it really be true?": WAKE UP. ive seen MUCH more than this performed live, right in front of my eyes. This is only a little bit compared to what is possible. How dumb and fearful have we become to have to ask "is this really possible?" In human history we have amassed such a huge amount of evidence and documentation of humans "para"normal abilities that the mere act of questioning it is just as insane as questioning if gravity exists on earth or the earth is round.

im unsure as to weather that statement was directed at me or not but why would you call somebody who thinks stuff like this isnt possable whimpy?they may be unnifored or ignorant to the subject but whimpy?very simple minded.and incase you were directing your comment towards me i didnt say feats like this were fake i was commenting on the authenticity of the video.just because these sorts of things are possable does not make the video authentic.open your eyes.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by future flow]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Just for fun.

Who would fare better in a Chi battle?

Criss Angel or Derren Brown?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
no future flow, I wasnt referring to you specifically. I used the term "whimpy" to point to the fear some people have that we might be living in a wonderful world and that their negative outlook has been an illusion. maybe "whimpy" is the wrong word.

I have seen people bend forks and boil water at seminars Ive attended. I myself achieved a few things myself, such as moving plastic cups with my mind. Ive seen shaolin monks do their stuff. Ive seen people thrust spears through their bodies in india. Ive personally witnessed an amputees arm grow back...among many other things I have PERSONALLY SEEN.

So it does keep baffling me why people would dismiss these realities as fake. And even if the video is fake, at least it does show what others are up to, able to do and are doing. If they cant get the real master to pose for the show, then at least they get an example of what can be done.

I also frown on the sensationalist sounding title of this thread. What really underlies the hysteria on these topics and the "WOW! OUT OF THIS WORLD!" attitudes is the belief that these things are not normal, not natural, not totally real, not of this world. If people would understand that they ARE real, ARE natural, ARE of this world then they wouldnt be saying "jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus, incredible, insane, wowwwwwwww"

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I have seen people bend forks and boil water at seminars Ive attended. I myself achieved a few things myself, such as moving plastic cups with my mind. Ive personally witnessed an amputees arm grow back...among many other things I have PERSONALLY SEEN.

bwuahahahahahhahaahahhaha

personally seen an amputee grow his arm back eh?
i would assume this person is in some medical journal or something to that effect? i mean after all, humans don't grow parts back...
whats the guys name?
any info? medical journals maybe?

and you can move plastic cups with your mind?
shall i call you, professor X?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I also frown on the sensationalist sounding title of this thread. What really underlies the hysteria on these topics and the "WOW! OUT OF THIS WORLD!" attitudes is the belief that these things are not normal, not natural, not totally real, not of this world. If people would understand that they ARE real, ARE natural, ARE of this world then they wouldnt be saying "jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus, incredible, insane, wowwwwwwww"

Yes, this i know, about not being that astounding

I was trying to gather an "INTEREST" in the thread so as to "facinate" more people.....

of which, you i'm sure would be in full agreement with... no?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anomic of Nihilism

I was trying to gather an "INTEREST" in the thread so as to "facinate" more people.....

of which, you i'm sure would be in full agreement with... no?

Yeah, I guess so.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78

personally seen an amputee grow his arm back eh?
i would assume this person is in some medical journal or something to that effect? i mean after all, humans don't grow parts back...
whats the guys name?
any info? medical journals maybe?

and you can move plastic cups with your mind?
shall i call you, professor X?

well...I was a kid 10 years of age when observing the arm-thing. Its not like it grew back in a day, it went on for months and my parents and their neighbours kept talking about it. until one day the guys arm was miraculously back.

as for the plastic cup event: that happen to me once and only after several hours and hours and hours of focussing and in the context of a group seminar.

The point is: SO WHAT? Its not only me who has witnessed these things, the world is full of them. But some wont notice any of it because they filter it all out of their perception.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join