Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

WOW!! Qigong magic..jeEEez, if this is real..Whew!!Must Watch Very Interesting!!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
He doesn't just break the wood...he shatters it

Originally posted by Boondock78
you're not getting it..woo does not hit back. i had to break boards for all my tkd tests...that shows me NOTHING...

Yes...woo does not hit back. Woo must be a bad fighter.

Boards don't hit back either.

Bruce would agree with that appraisal.

"Boards don't hit back." - Which he said to Bob Wall's Ohara character in Enter The Dragon.

i would like to see his precision accuracy and power up against something NOT stationary AND human...you know, a human that is moving around, not providing a stationary target....

Frankly, I would like to see that too.

Millions would.

However, even without that, Lee still demonstrates on screen extraordinary martial arts skill, no matter how many takes it took (he was a perfectionist), and a number of other martial artists in this thread - as well as many around the world - have come to the same conclusion.

So we can 'agree to disagree.'

I suggest you get yourself a VHS or DVD copy of Joe Lewis' Practical Jeet Kune Do.

You would find it to be very educational

Then you could debate Jeet Kune Do practitioners and not come across as completely uninformed.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA THATS LOW! slap happy B .

He just finished shaving.

BRUCE LEE ROCKS!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I suggest you get yourself a VHS or DVD copy of Joe Lewis' Practical Jeet Kune Do.

You would find it to be very educational

Then you could debate Jeet Kune Do practitioners and not come across as completely uninformed.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Paul_Richard]

is that how you did it? studied jkd via tapes and books? thanks, but no.
my opinion is already formed on jkd and that opinion is, it is not effective...

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   

my opinion is already formed on jkd and that opinion is, it is not effective...

Then you are a bigger fool than I realized

Hitting ignore button.

Moving on and getting back to the topic of this thread, Qigong and related...

Mine is the Gift of Discernment that is bestowed from discarnate Saints.

Like Criss Angel, there are a number of people who claim to have no psychic ability or "powers" but who do in fact have a Gift of Chi or Telekinesis.

They do this so they can make a ton of money with their "illusions" that veteran magicians cannot duplicate off of a specially designed stage, props, and/or paid-off spectators

I would like to expose the liar known as Derren Brown. He claims to have no psychic ability or Gift of Chi, but as this video clearly demonstrates, he does indeed have a Gift of Telekinesis that is likened to the Qigong practitioners' Gift of Chi that is illustrated on the first page of this thread:

Derren Brown Demonstrates His Gift Of Telekinesis-Chi By Doubling Over Martial Artists Without Touching Them

One cannot do this without a Gift of Telekinesis

[edit on 10-8-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

seems to be a a lot of different opinions of this thing...thats why to prove things, they need to be documented by something...

anyway, i read through this and oen thing struck me.....

Lee gave a description, without naming Wong explicitly, in a interview with Black Belt.

"I'd gotten into a fight in San Francisco with a Kung-Fu cat, and after a brief encounter the son-of-a-bitch started to run. I chased him and, like a fool, kept punching him behind his head and back. [v]Soon my fists began to swell from hitting his hard head. Right then I realized Wing Chun was not too practical and began to alter my way of fighting

^^^^i bolded the part that impressed me....THAT is what impressed be about bruce...the fact that he was willing to drop traditional crap that don't work in favor of techniques that do work...
unfortunatly, we never got to see bruce prove his god like status as he was too busy making movies....

hell, i wish bruce would have droped the whole movie thing and just focused on martial arts, AND fighting....

en.wikipedia.org...

Late in his life Lee also apparently began consuming cannabis and hashish

^^^^wurd up yo......i can dig that

he did 6 films in 7 years plus the tv shows.

he should have stopped worrying about all that film crap and kept on with the training...it could have been amazing

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Then you are a bigger fool than I realized

thats me, just a a big ole fool...i'm a fool cause i refuse to watch jkd dvd's?
dude, i looked into all this crap years ago....this is nothing new for me and neither is debating it with the likes of poeple like you.

no big...i'm a fool? ok...

PLEASE ignore me......

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Sorry Paul but Derren Brown is not a Chi master, he is an incredible hypnotist and does these shows in the UK to show that these people are frauds. He's also done fake mind reading and fake seances. I can't believe your now using people who try to show how these fraudsters work as someone to prove your theories correct. That has to be one of the daftist things I've ever read!!!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Wow, that is very similar to other videos I've seen. It is interesting to note that the ones I saw were done by masters, who by the looks of it, as well as their testimony often showed, to only be able to do this after many years of trial and error. For darren brown to be able to accomplish this feat, he must be a prodigy of some sort. Either that or be in leage with the devil.lol. Really though, this man is amazing. I have never seen anything like it. I wonder if this is representitive of things that will be, or if this sort of thing wont make it of the stage and out of relative obscurity? If there was a school that taught this, my daughter and I would join in a heart beat.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by newyorkee]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
Sorry Paul but Derren Brown is not a Chi master...

Not officially.

Can you give us an example of someone you feel does have a Gift of Chi?

I don't like to use the term "master" because in my opinion, none of them are.

If you can give us an example, then we would have some frame of reference and it also gives you more credibility, which you really don't have now.

he is an incredible hypnotist

Hold it right there.

Were you trained as a Hypnotherapist?

I became a certified Hypnotherapist in 1994.

I know what is possible with hypnosis and what is not.

You apparently do not have a clue.

Sorry Kuro...you are uneducated in the subject matter.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
wow, your so rightous arent you Paul!!! You can't even listen to other peoples opinions without getting on your soapbox!!!
I am this, I am that......try watching his shows for start, where he does these types of pranks to prove things like chi power, meadiumship and the like are fake!!

[edit on 10-8-2007 by Kurokage]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee
Wow, that is very similar to other videos I've seen. It is interesting to note that the ones I saw were done by masters, who by the looks of it, as well as their testimony often showed, to only be able to do this after many years of trial and error. For darren brown to be able to accomplish this feat, he must be a prodigy of some sort.

Prodigy my arse

He has a Gift of TK given to him from a Group Entity

Originally posted by newyorkee
Either that or be in leage with the devil.lol. Really though, this man is amazing. I have never seen anything like it. I wonder if this is representitive of things that will be, or if this sort of thing wont make it of the stage and out of relative obscurity? If there was a school that taught this, my daughter and I would join in a heart beat.

There is no devil in the Judeo-Christian sense. That is only a symbol that represents discarnate evil.

Many attend soft style schools and are not able to achieve the level of Chi that the relatively few have the ability to channel.

Just go out and buy yourself a good DVD on Qigong. U2U me and I will give you a recommendation.

Look for Derren Brown eventually doing levitations.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   

wow, your so rightous arent you Paul!!! Yuo cant even listen to other peoples opinions without getting on your soapbox!!!

I like to cut through all the BS and get to the nitty-gritty.

Now, do you have any experience and education in the subject matter, and are you going to answer the questions, or are we going to assume you are just using this attack on me as a dodge to hide your lack of the above?

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   

wow, your so rightous arent you Paul!!! You can't even listen to other peoples opinions without getting on your soapbox!!!
I am this, I am that......try watching his shows for start, where he does these types of pranks to prove things like chi power, meadiumship and the like are fake!!

he's been this way the whole thread...i really think he is just trolling..
go a few pages back man and read som of the stuff he posted...
if i or someone else posts something he don't agree with, he posts a bunch of half witty stuff with an emoticon at the end of every sentence and then he recomends some dvd to help us 'learn'..

it's quite frustrating actually.
what you gonna do though?
i guess i need to learn from a dvd or a book so i can become as awesome as him.....

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I will attempt to lay my cards on the table for you!!!! I started boxing at 11, I've studied Aikdo/Aikiken and kendo. Later training with friends with other skills in an early attempt at MMA. I am a close friend to the guy who started Giko and Cimac in the UK, who is now in his forties who studied chinese martial arts in china since he was very young (he believes in Chi, but not the BS your spouting). I was a spirtualist for over 15 years. I taken courses in a wide range topics from Japanese to Body language to meditation and mediumship. I started to train a then young lad by the name of Ross Mason who now fights in Cage Rage (the UK version of UFC). My Bro (someone else I trained from an early age) who is on ATS (Onikage) was 3 times junior British Kendo champ and is now a pro muay thai fighter.
So hows that for a start!! and that just off the top of my head. Maybe you will be a little less dimisive with other people on the great and wonderful ATS who dont like to say how amazing they are.
I just cant get the attitude you have when someone says something you dont like, you seem to like listening or reading your own hype. and NO I have never been trained as a hypnotist, but what does that have to do with anything. Just rent out Derrens shows, he tells you himself that he likes proving fraudsters wrong!!
I try not to come here and list my skills, I prefer to just listen to what others have to say and then add my 2 cents, this is after all just peoples opinions not a "how good am I" thread!!
But you seem to not want to listen to anything any one has to say, just spout off how crap everyone else is and how good you are!
Try reading the teachings of white eagle.

Hey Boondock maybe I can borrow that DVD/book from you when you've finished as I think my skills are not on a par with that guy out of dragon ball z yet!

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Kurokage,

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't you the one who stated or at least implied that the whole Chi idea is overrated, that you have known a Tai Chi practitioner, and that miracles of Chi are really all bogus illusions?

In light of this, if you have not come to know that Chi feats are even possible, then how are we to determine you to be knowledgeable of the subject in the first place?

You list your assumed credentials and experience. But none of that points to experience in using Chi extensively.

Okay...so you may be a good hard style practitioner.

I am too.

But this thread is not about hard styles; it is about soft styles like Qigong that use Chi for feats that go beyond just the unbendable arm in Aikido.

Moreover, I also don't see in your diatribe anything which smacks of hypnosis training, much less a thorough understanding of it.

I welcome anyone -well, anyone that I am not ignoring as hopeless - to explain how Derren Brown performs his psychic blows from the front and back, without touching the subject and causing him to double over.

Perhaps the skeptics will just use the "paid-off witness card" that was used repeatedly in the Criss Angel thread.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This is what I was trying to get at earlier, you and your ego claim I have no knowledge of Chi/Ki, its called Ai"KI"do for gods sake!!!! All Aikido techniques use Ki (it is a soft form), some to good use like kokyonage or sumiotoshi, some others not so much. my point is that your miracles as you call them are performed by street magician and bad mediums all over the world, Derren brown prepears his "victims" (like these fraud chi masters) before the show as do all stage hypnotists.
You like to make sarcastic remakes and digs about peoples skills yet you claim to be enlightened these two do not mix!!!
I did NOT claim to be a hypnotist, if you had watched any of Derren browns shows you would see that he makes claims that these are mostly fake!!
And my credentials are not assumed so again please refrain from thinking that you know me!!

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   

You like to make sarcastic remakes and digs about peoples skills yet you claim to be enlightened these two do not mix!!!

dude, he's a troll.
it took me a few pages to realize it..

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
So you are reversing your stance that miracles of Chi are possible, beyond just the unbendable arm.

I think we are making progress here.

Since you are not a hypnotist, then you would not know what is and what is not possible with hypnosis. I was trained and educated in that and know what can be done.

Like Criss Angel, Derren Brown uses illusions mixed in with a Gift of Chi or a Gift of TK to perform some of his feats.

You may believe anything you wish.

But the psychic blows that Derren Brown performs in the video I provided a link for, CANNOT be achieved through post hypnotic suggestion.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hey boondock, I think I'm starting to agree with you. Just doesn't want except that these type of Chi fraudsters wouldn't stand a chance in the ring!!!
I'm not reversing on anything. There is no miracle to it, like I said in my first few posts Chi/Ki is real but it dosent do the things you claim it does!!!
Please stop telling me how wonderful you are and how sh*t the rest of us are. I can read, there are books on hypnosis, my Bros muay thai teacher is a a fully trained hypnotist.
Its not that difficult to do, especially if one is fully conversed in meditation (self hypnosis during mediation).

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I am not the only one in this thread who claims that Chi powers exist.

And my own experience, some of which I elaborated upon earlier, has taught me that that is indeed the case.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, you have yet to learn that.

I suggest that you investigate Qigong practitioners and soft style martial artists who clearly demonstrate unusually Gifted Chi abilities.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join